Chapala.com Webboard

Roadside assistance coverage in Mexico

ea93105

7 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

I've been spoiled with AAA roadside assistance up north, what if anything is available here for coverage caused by breakdowns ? 

Green Angels patrol all federal and toll highways in Mexico and offer free assistance in the case of a breakdown, accident, or medical emergency. They are knowledgeable about road conditions and can provide basic tourist services. The Green Angels are funded by Mexico's Secretary of Tourism.

greenangel3.jpg&ehk=dpn%2BOdYPeg2TaRiVt6

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

In Mexico most insurance policies have it included and towing up to 200km.

I was wondering about that. Wasn't sure if they covered mechanical breakdowns or just accidents. Will check with agent tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Green Angels patrol all federal and toll highways in Mexico and offer free assistance in the case of a breakdown, accident, or medical emergency. They are knowledgeable about road conditions and can provide basic tourist services. The Green Angels are funded by Mexico's Secretary of Tourism.

greenangel3.jpg&ehk=dpn%2BOdYPeg2TaRiVt6

Great for flat tires and such but I will need a flatbed to tow a permanent awd truck in case of a mechanical breakdown. Also can these guy be reached by phone or do you just have to wait until one drives by ?

11 hours ago, ea93105 said:

I was wondering about that. Wasn't sure if they covered mechanical breakdowns or just accidents. Will check with agent tomorrow. 

Just read your policy and look for "ASISTENCIA VIAL"  and see the coverage.  In Mexico it is included on most policies. 

5 hours ago, gringal said:

As Angus pointed out, the Green Angels patrol the toll roads, so I gather that's one advantage of using them.

The Green Angels patrol federal highways between cities, not just toll roads.  Have seen them between GDL & Chapala on more than one occasion. The Angeles Verdes service is only in operation from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, so you will not be able to flag down a car overnight and may have to wait an extended time for dispatch to connect you with a service member. First and only time I needed their assistance was in 1976 between Las Varas & Tepic. 

In truth your insurance company will get you 24 hour roadside assistance much quicker 90% of the time. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...