Chapala.com Webboard

time driving from San Antonio to costco Vallart Guadalajara

...would not that depend on the route one would take and from exactly where Lakeside one is leaving from, the traffic one may or may not encounter on any given day or time of day and the speed that one drives vs someone else's heavy or light foot?  And that 10-minute tolerance could be wiped out by 2 extra long red lights or a stalled truck on the road.

My suggestion is to plan on it taking 1 hour, then give yourself another 30-40 minutes. If you arrive early you could just do some in-store looking/shopping to kill the time. But if you arrive 10 minutes late the entire trip would have been for naught. 

Is it really a savings to go to all the way to COSTCO for new tires ? I bought a set of new tires in Jocotepec in September of last year for a total of 3000 pesos (Nissan TSURU). No appointment and in and out in about 40 minutes. They are on the left hand side prior to coming in to town.

16 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

Lots of traffic today as they are working on the highway.  Coming back to Ajijic it was a little slow coming home but the traffic going into Guadalajara had a 9 km backup.    Leave early

Friday Apr 9 we left San A at 9:10 for a location up above Mariano Otero on  Niños Heroes (hwy , Laz. Cardenas, and then another "fast" road.) that normally takes 1 hr 5-10 minutes tops. Often less.  Yes, it was a Friday (not avoidable), but the construction  back-up to get into the line, and then get around a 3-car pileup inside the line, took over two 1/2 hours  for what I usually get thru' in about 20 minutes.  SO yes.... plan for LOTS of leeway.

40 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Friday Apr 9 we left San A at 9:10 for a location up above Mariano Otero on  Niños Heroes (hwy , Laz. Cardenas, and then another "fast" road.) that normally takes 1 hr 5-10 minutes tops. Often less.  Yes, it was a Friday (not avoidable), but the construction  back-up to get into the line, and then get around a 3-car pileup inside the line, took over two 1/2 hours  for what I usually get thru' in about 20 minutes.  SO yes.... plan for LOTS of leeway.

Saturday it took me 2 1/2 hrs from Ajijic centro to Puerto Hierro.  Good thing I gave myself an extra hr +.

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

Is it really a savings to go to all the way to COSTCO for new tires ? I bought a set of new tires in Jocotepec.... snip

Well it is not always about savings.  Last year I needed to put some shoes on my Subaru Outback. None available Lakeside. Nada. Guadalajara was my only choice if I wanted them in a week's time.