Chapala.com Webboard

How many do you know. Deaths from Covid

If one assumes that the worst of the pandemic is past and that most of the most vulnerable  of  the Lakeside comunity have recived 1 shot..My question, given that most news sources say that deaths in Mexico are probility in excess of 300,000

HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU ACTUALY KNOW , DIED FROM COVID. Please no second hand, I heard stuff . For myself none 

Well, for starters, the worst of the pandemic isn't over. Cases are surging all over the world, despite vaccine rollouts.

As for deaths, I don't live Lakeside, but here in Sayulita I personally knew 2 people who died. Not people I was close to, acquaintences. And on the way to a client's house a couple weeks ago, had to walk through a street wake. It was for a mother and son who had both died of COVID.

I know of a couple of deaths in Jocotepec. One my X brother-n-law BUT, he smoked a lot, lot of alcohol over weight. 

My question how many would have died anyway? I know in my nursing home it was always our policy from the time we open if an employee felt sick call in sick. Same rule for Sara and I also. 

I have no official study but I think the most vulnerable has already passed. I also read recently that now the survival rate is about 97+% now survive. 

I think is interesting that this year we did not have common cold and flu season. 

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

None.  8 family members have had it.  All but two were able to take hydroxychloroquine + zith + zinc + vitamin C regimen quickly and had mild cases.  Two were in U.S. without access to this and fared much worse but recovered fully.  One of them was hospitalized.

How many were actually tested to have covid-19?

6 hours ago, rckrckr said:

1 family member, 2 family friends. 

So Op, what conclusions are you drawing from this? 

I am not qualified to draw any credit  worthy conclusions. But given the amount  of traffic posted on these web pages p.us the pathic government  response I would have expected the local expat community who post on this forum,  to have come up with a "significant " larger  number. Thks for your participation 

• Thanks 1

I personally know 0 people NOB who have either gotten sick or who have died. 

Down here in México I know zero people who have died from the virus.  I read that Chapala has registered only 48 deaths within the Chapala Municipality.  I speak fluent Spanish ask people of all ages who are these 48 people who have died.  I speak to people daily on the malecón, in the plaza, or in the tienditas.  I am yet to find anybody that knows any of them personally.  Except for a lady who says her elderly neighbor died from a heart attack but supposedly had tested positive prior to the heart attack.  I find it very interesting that in a small gossip filled Mexican pueblo like Chapala most people I talk to do not know these 48 dead and most doubt they truly died from Covid.  If people were really dropping dead from Covid here, everybody in town would know about it and it would be the talk of the town.  But fortunately I don't see that to be the case here in Chapala.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

Ok sorry it must have gone up 3 since last I checked.

So we are now currently at 51 deaths after a year and a half of rapid spreading.

Putting that in terms of per capita numbers, less than 0.01 percent of municipio population after a year, hardly any from the local expat community and most with accompanying conditions of obesity, heart disease and diabetes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Putting that in terms of per capita numbers, less than 0.01 percent of municipio population after a year, hardly any from the local expat community and most with accompanying conditions of obesity, heart disease and diabetes.

51 / 50000 = 0.10 percent 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

This is such a pathetic thread and the Covid deniers are out in full force. It's not a game and it's not a joke. If you feel so strongly that it is then GO EVERYWHERE AND GO MASKLESS. Just stay the hell away from me because I'm not into Russian Roulette.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Really pathetic. I really don't understand what these people get out of being virus deniers. Wish they would just stick to talking to each other on their favorite misinformation sites. 

Meanwhile, doctors in Ontario are talking about having to decide which COVID patients to save, because they don't have the resources to try to save them all. It's horrifying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's been a serious problem up here in the greater Seattle-Kirkland area. Thank God the vaccine shots are becoming more and more available both up here and I understand, according to posts on this forum, lakeside. (At least the first round of  shots :)  )

• Like 1