Chapala.com Webboard

Implementing this is going to be "interesting"

7 hours ago, Ferret said:

Different priorities for sure. I prioritize by what I need not by what I want. I've also been known to talk myself totally out of buying something. Different strokes for different folks.

I suspect.... no, I know for sure without even asking.... that your life's story is far different than your housekeeper's. Having not walked in her shoes, and the shoes of her friends and her  predecessors, for us it is impossible to understand the 'why' of many things.... and more importantly impossible to compare. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickS said:

I suspect.... no, I know for sure without even asking.... that your life's story is far different than your housekeeper's. Having not walked in her shoes, and the shoes of her friends and her  predecessors, for us it is impossible to understand the 'why' of many things.... and more importantly impossible to compare. 

Of course. But explaining and learning about others' reality is what leads to understanding. Just saying that one doesn't understand isn't really enlightening.

One day years ago when my house was in construction, I was driving my head maestro home in the beater car I had at that point (seriously, it was rustier than any Mexican beater you've ever seen on the road, and the place I'd been renting had land crabs everywhere that had eaten the upholstery, so all the foam was sticking out). He asked why I didn't buy a better car, as if I just had a spare $6000 kicking around. So I explained to him that I couldn't afford a better car- that I had owned my house in Canada, where I'd raised my 3 kids, outright, after paying a mortgage for 20 years (he knew what a hipoteca was) but had to remortgage it to pay for building the house he was working on. And that when that money was spent, there wasn't any more. That I needed to sell that house because there was no way I could afford to own 2 homes. That the rent my tenants were paying was just covering the mortgage, but it needed a new roof I couldn't afford. That I didn't have some money tree in Canada I picked $10,000 bills off of. After explaining all that, he totally got it. 

He not only owned the modest house he was living in, he also had a house in his home town. No mortgages. So he got it that while our lives were different, I wasn't some rich gringa, and that our financial situations weren't really that different, they just looked different from the outside.

• Like 1

A federal judge has granted the first provisional suspension against the National Register of Mobile Telephone Users (PANAUT), a precautionary measure that has the effect so that a user is not forced to hand over their personal and biometric data to register their telephone line, much less will your registration be canceled.

Juan Pablo Gómez Fierro, Second District Judge in Administrative Matters, specialized in Economic Competition, Broadcasting and Telecommunications, pointed out that the delivery of data “could not be suitable or proportional, since there is no direct or causal relationship between the existence of this registry and a better investigation and prosecution of crimes ”, in addition to the fact that it can affect human rights.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2