Chapala.com Webboard

Mixing vaccines for Covid

cedros

Just read this butt squeezer:

All of Mexico’s approximately 15 million seniors have now had the opportunity to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but some 4 million decided not to get a shot.

President López Obrador said Tuesday that just over 11 million people aged 60 and over had received at least one dose of a vaccine. Seniors who haven’t yet had their second required dose will receive it in the coming weeks and months.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:21 PM, cedros said:

A friend from San Juan Cosala had the Sinovac vaccination in mid March. Then she flew to the US. She had an antibody test there and it showed none. So she had the J and J vaccine in the US. She then had a strong reaction she thought that was the J and J  producing antibodies. Now she has antibodies.

So a month after having the Sinovac vaccine. I wondered if if was working. The lab by Soriana would not give me an antibody test to check if the vaccine was producing antibodies. They said I had to have the second vaccine beofre they would test for antibodies. As I had to pay in advance they gave me an antigetn test that showed I did not have Covid. The questions remains does the Sinovac vaccine produce antibodies.

According to the CDC depending on which type of antibody test you take it probably not indicate you are protected. 

“After the vaccines, a lot people are going to get antibody testing — "Oh, I want to see if it’s working.’"It actually has very little correlation. Many people will test negative on the antibody test, and that does not mean the vaccine didn’t work. 

The CDC discourages antibody testing for assessing immunity after getting the vaccine. In clinical trials, the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines were shown to protect people against the virus 95 percent of the time and 94 percent of the time, respectively. But that does not mean everyone who gets the vaccine would test positive for antibodies, commercial antibody tests may not be searching for the same antibodies that the vaccine triggers. Someone who has had the vaccine and is immune to the virus may still test negative for certain antibodies.

image.png

3 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

According to the CDC depending on which type of antibody test you take it probably not indicate you are protected. 

“After the vaccines, a lot people are going to get antibody testing — "Oh, I want to see if it’s working.’"It actually has very little correlation. Many people will test negative on the antibody test, and that does not mean the vaccine didn’t work. 

The CDC discourages antibody testing for assessing immunity after getting the vaccine. In clinical trials, the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines were shown to protect people against the virus 95 percent of the time and 94 percent of the time, respectively. But that does not mean everyone who gets the vaccine would test positive for antibodies, commercial antibody tests may not be searching for the same antibodies that the vaccine triggers. Someone who has had the vaccine and is immune to the virus may still test negative for certain antibodies.

image.png

Who would believe that?

4 minutes ago, cedros said:

Who would believe that?

Anyone who understands that there many different types of antibody tests. 

All types will say if you have had the disease. Not all types will show the specific type of antibodies that your body produces in response to the vaccine.

You would have to get an antibody test specific to the type of antibodies produced by the vaccine you received. Any other type of antibody test will produce negative results (unless you have had the disease)

11 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Anyone who understands that there many different types of antibody tests. 

All types will say if you have had the disease. Not all types will show the specific type of antibodies that your body produces in response to the vaccine.

You would have to get an antibody test specific to the type of antibodies produced by the vaccine you received. Any other type of antibody test will produce negative results (unless you have had the disease)

That sounds impossible and hopeless.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:55 AM, Xena said:

Just because you do not understand nor like the truth does not make it not true. 

I understand as I have studied such in university but it sounds hopeless to get a clear answer. If you understand it that does not make it true.

4 hours ago, cedros said:

I understand but it sounds hopeless to get a clear answer. If you understand it that does not make it true.

Life is full of unclear answers. You do the best you can to access information from reliable sources and make your decisions as best you can. Some people are invested in not understanding anything contrary to their preconceived reality. It is useless to present facts and information to these people — and a waste of time to argue with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Xena said:

Life is full of unclear answers. You do the best you can to access information from reliable sources and make your decisions as best you can. Some people are invested in not understanding anything contrary to their preconceived reality. It is useless to present facts and information to these people — and a waste of time to argue with them.

13 minutes ago, bmh said:

Do not count on that.

Yes, this is going to be a long and winding road. Find a supplier and injector you can trust and stick with them. Some important news, the Shingrex shingles vaccine is off the CDC hard to find list. Many pharmacies offering, with a coupon $155 for the dose. This is in the US, have not checked with Mexico. You do not want to find yourself whith shingles in your later years, or any time.