Chapala.com Webboard

GOOD VACCINE EXPERIENCE

How much did the vaccine cost? And had any of you who got the Phizer shot taken the Sinovac previously as supposed there can be complications.

8 hours ago, barrbower said:

All they wanted to see was the vaccine registration which has your CURP number on it.  We took all the other stuff with us just in case but it wasn't needed.  I'd take it just in case.  Google "best route Chapala to Universidad Politecnica Tlajamulco."  Take road to airport and turn off to go to Cajititlan.  You have to use a returno.  As you approach Cajititlan there will be a sign directing you to the right towards Tlajamulco.  The 4 lane road goes to town but if you look at the map you turn off before getting into the busy town center The UdeG is on the east/northeast side of town out in the farm land.  https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chapala,+Jalisco/Universidad+Politécnica+de+la+Zona+Metropolitana+de+Guadalajara,+Carretera+Tlajomulco+-+Santa+Fé+Km.+3.5+No.595+Lomas+de+Tejeda,+45641+Tlajomulco+de+Zúñiga,+Jal./@20.45583,-103.4281593,11z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x842f40b1771f4cb7:0x73c1721b67d87f53!2m2!1d-103.1846016!2d20.3051576!1m5!1m1!1s0x842f515676ce60d1:0xf6f1b0add14f8875!2m2!1d-103.4135878!2d20.4645456!3e0   There are students on the road directing you where to turn into the campus and they will walk you through all the rest.

This is the link to the map.  Hope this helps.

Alan

If you live west of Ajijic you may want to try this route:  https://goo.gl/maps/a61w7bNpbcgZdbzd7

We went Wednesday, arriving at 1:00 and there was only one car ahead of us in the line.  The whole thing took less than 30 minutes.  They give you a Comprobante (proof of 1st visit).  

To reiterate what others have said:  You must have the registration form printed from the gov. website and a copy of your CURP.  We also had our passports, visas (permanente) and a utility bill, but they only looked at the CFE bill.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cedros said:

How much did the vaccine cost? And had any of you who got the Phizer shot taken the Sinovac previously as supposed there can be complications.

Based on what I've read at local FB page, they will NOT give you the Pfizer if you already had Sinovac here.  The dose of Sinovac is part of your record within your online registration.  Based on reports I have read at that page, you have to show them your registration, they will check and see that you already had Sinovac and turn you away. 

Again, there is a LOT of info on the ins and outs of the Pfizer shots being given out this week at this FB page, first hand reports on all aspects.  I realize many of you are adverse to FB, but you may want to make an exception in this case.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/188028949308907/

google vacunacion de adultos mayores en jalisco and it will give you all the sites where you can get vaccines, what papers you need and the days but today seem to be the last day and then they will have a new schedule. Today if you want sinovac you can get it in Ixtlahuacan  at the sport unit on Ramon Corona Pfizer is given in places in Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque Tlajomulco and other places

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I realize many of you are adverse to FB, but you may want to make an exception in this case.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/188028949308907/

I've never understood why people who are leery of FB just don't setup a throwaway email and create a FB account with a fake name and no personal information.  The Lakeside Covid-19 group is a great resource in times like these.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmh said:

google vacunacion de adultos mayores en jalisco and it will give you all the sites where you can get vaccines, what papers you need and the days but today seem to be the last day and then they will have a new schedule. Today if you want sinovac you can get it in Ixtlahuacan  at the sport unit on Ramon Corona Pfizer is given in places in Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque Tlajomulco and other places

Better to read local FB for first hand reports.  Example of why: on Wed. the AVG Arena had Pfizer and was accepting people who lived at Lakeside; BUT reports from yesterday (Thurs.) is that they started turning non-residents away from AVG. 

Also the vax available in Ixtlahuacan is the newly arrived Cansino, NOT Sinovac.  

FB users at the page link post REAL TIME info....things change....maybe there will be hiccups today that didn't happen yesterday???  Better to get LIVE reports.  

14 minutes ago, bmh said:

I have zero problem checking facebook but I refuse to answer stupid questions to belong to a group so I just google what I am looking for in Spanish . The facebook group does not know more than what the government is announcing.

They absolutely know more.  We went to the government site and it stated you have to be a resident of Tlajomulco Municipio to receive the Pfizer shot.  After reading stories on the Covid-19 Facebook group, we discovered that the University in Tlajomulco wasn't enforcing the residency requirement, and we got vaccinated.  Invaluable information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Ixtlahuacan they are giving the Cansino (one shot) not the Sinovac they gave out here.  As to mixing vaccines for the second shot, there seems to be some research just starting on the topic.  I'd probably stick to the same brand if it's a two shot type.  Efficacy after one shot of the Pfizer is higher than the one shot Cansino (or J&J) but for some folks the extra hassle of getting a second shot outweighs the possibility of less protection.  After two shots of Pfizer or Moderna they claim 95%.  After one shot of either they now say 80%.  All will probably suggest a booster after six months.  I'm guessing the vaccines will be a part of the annual flu shots from now on.  The 1918 Spanish flu variant is still part of the annual flu shot formula.  Yep, it's still with us over 100 years later...Alan

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Included in the above link: Comprobante de domicilio que acredite que vive en el municipio donde te vacunarán. =

Proof of address that shows you live in the municipality where they will vaccinate you.

Congrats to those who went anyway, thereby depriving legal residents of said municipality of the doses you "stole". That the on-site people turned a blind eye is not the point. But I guess everyone has their own set of moral and ethical standards.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

Included in the above link: Comprobante de domicilio que acredite que vive en el municipio donde te vacunarán. =

Proof of address that shows you live in the municipality where they will vaccinate you.

Congrats to those who went anyway, thereby depriving legal residents of said municipality of the doses you "stole". That the on-site people turned a blind eye is not the point. But I guess everyone has their own set of moral and ethical standards.

Please enumerate the number of people who were deprived....Or did they end the day with left over doses?  Or you can just cast the first stone as you are without sin....

@NatashaGet off your high horse. 

It is up to the local facility to decide who can be vax'd; no one who went (to my knowledge) lied about where they live.  They all had to show some sort of proof of address, CFE, Jalisco Drivers license, etc.  Plus, their home zip code is part of their online registration.  The folks running the location gave them the OK to get the shot, knowing these facts.

From FB posts, many of the Lakesiders arrived to find no one else in line.  

Would you have rather have had these Pfizer doses, which were obviously thawed beforehand, go to waste??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It should be noted that it took 1.5 hrs from the time initially in line to the departure from the facility, which included the 30 minutes wait after the injection. The organization and execution of the process was flawless. Documentation of the shot including the LOT # was also supplied at the time of the injection. Also note that Pfizer was administered vs Sinovac which has a significant difference in their effectiveness (95% vs 50.38%). This is a far cry from the fiasco that was experienced locally in Chapala and Ajijic.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Natasha said:

But I guess everyone has their own set of moral and ethical standards.

You should contact the Municipio de Tlajomulco after today and find out if any residents were denied access to the vaccine due to shortages.  Please post when you receive an answer.  Then we can talk about ethics and morality.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Where did you get this information? My wife and I went to Tlajomulco yesterday. In and out in 1 hour and super organized as others have said. They told us to please tell people and will take people from anywhere in surrounding area. The previous day they didn't have as many come as was expected so they had vaccine left over which they have to destroy. We left at 11am and was home by 2 pm, so if you want this vaccine you still have time today if you get going soon. And you won't be stealing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cedros said:

WHO stated vaccines will not be sold to the private sector until Oct.. Now only federal governments can purchase them.

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

37 minutes ago, All Day said:

You should contact the Municipio de Tlajomulco after today and find out if any residents were denied access to the vaccine due to shortages.  Please post when you receive an answer.  Then we can talk about ethics and morality.

30 minutes ago, oasiscloud said:

Where did you get this information? My wife and I went to Tlajomulco yesterday. In and out in 1 hour and super organized as others have said. They told us to please tell people and will take people from anywhere in surrounding area. The previous day they didn't have as many come as was expected so they had vaccine left over which they have to destroy. We left at 11am and was home by 2 pm, so if you want this vaccine you still have time today if you get going soon. And you won't be stealing!

The solution to this Worldwide disaster is obviously to vaccinate populations as fast as humanly possible - correct? People who think like you are the stumbling stone to the solution for the greater good of humanity. Ethics and morality my goodness.  IMO