Chapala.com Webboard

Official: Chinese vaccines' effectiveness low

geeser

Here is my original post in this thread, which absolutely offered information and value. It's the last sentence, MY OPINION ONLY, which a select and churlish group of you took personally... which means I hit a nerve, because you couldn't take the truth. And I stand by my last sentence. If you don't get a shot when offered, you are part of the overall problem.

"It is not trash. 50% IS better than nothing by a long shot. It's not like I was offered a choice of vaccine types. For now, I am happy to have been offered something. And keep in mind this was not an established fact when the shots were being given out lakeside. And keep in mind EVERYONE who got a shot here got the Sinovac. 1,000s of people, expats and Mexicans. And happy to get it. And I'll be going back for my second, which all reports say goes WAY up in terms of efficacy.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone refusing to take a shot when offered is adding to the problem."

On 4/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, AndyPanda said:

No, I won't spare you or anyone else from how I personally feel about how you and yours are refusing to be part of the solution. Certainly there is no valor in it. Lucky for you there was no social media when you got your vaccines as a kid.

Page 1 all of your posts except the one you quoted: all crap

On 4/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, AndyPanda said:

Your comments are suspect and based on some self-righteous opinions of yourown, and of course as usual, instead of having a conversation, you are immediately reduced to slinging insults making threats. Guess what? I'm not worried.

On 4/12/2021 at 12:10 PM, AndyPanda said:

Nope, not at all. It was a simple response to an insulting comment. Some people think anyone who doesn't agree with them has a problem. You apparently fit into that mold.

On 4/12/2021 at 12:16 PM, AndyPanda said:

Wow, that's a stretch. Phew. I can't compete with you. Oh, dear. I'm shattered. Run for the hills, everyone.

Or step back and take a look at why you feel the need to inject such vitriol into a conversation that doesn't affect you. That is trolling behaviour. You are well known for it.

On 4/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, AndyPanda said:

Um, look who's talking. Hey, you put two big words together. Cool.

2 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

My world is LARGE. Yours puts me to sleep. How unoriginal. I attack ONLY when attacked. Unlike you.

Page 2: all of your posts. Again all crap.

Conclusion: You mainly post crap and insults.

24 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

zzzzzzzzzzzz

23 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Look who's trolling. But thanks for making the effort.

20 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Okay, you have some cred. Excellent. But NYT has a lot more cred than you, and the Associated Press has earned 54 Pulitzers, so I will not be taking your opinion on those kind of blanket hip shots.

20 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Go ahead, keep putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about believing any of it. Only that I trust those institutions far more than I will ever trust you. Give us credit for being able to read and weigh the issues for ourselves.

7 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

You have becme a raging Sophist, and your sad attempts to twist my words are failing on a massive scale. And anyone who believes your backwards rhetoric deserves to be ignored as well.

This board is supposed to be helpful, not your personal grudge sandbox. You don't like my opinion? Fine: disagree. But keep your hatred to yourself. What a waste of everyone's time and intellect.

6 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Wow, how do you come up with this schlock?

6 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

You've never "explained" youself. All you've done is explode with an amazing amount of anger.

5 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

That explanation is not in this thread. All she did in this one is attack. All I did was make my opinion known. Who's the curmudgeon?

3 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Keep repeating your hackneyed phrase. Maybe someday it will stick. I fail to see what you gain from your repeated insults and attacks. Make you feel all gooey inside?

The latest results for the Brazilian "Phase III" trial results for Sinovac's "Coronavac" are in ... and the results reveal a poorly conducted study with only a tiny group of just " 85 COVID cases ... in the vaccine group"  and a trivial "168 COVID cases" in the placebo-Control group.

Who believes a study that has just 85 patients in the Treatment Group (vaccinated patients) and a paltry 168 patients in the Control group for the key %Efficacy report ? 

Seriously ... Why believe the NY Times and AP and other Big Media source talking heads who only repeat the HEADLINE of
"50.7% Low Efficacy for Chinese Sinovac " 

when  they don't even bother to read the study to find the key %Efficacy calculation-conclusion was based on just 88 TOTAL Vaccinated patients...  ?       =>  An invalid result, due to too small of a group of patients.

Notice that the big Sinovac study in Turkey shows 84% efficacy versus the tiny Brazilian study's "50.7%" .

Here's the actual research report that exposes the NY Times, AP et al's sloppy, lazy reporting 

https://static.poder360.com.br/2021/04/estudo-preliminar-coronavac-11.abr_.2021.pdf

New York Times with sloppy reporting?   I'm aghast ....     

Actually fact checking seems to have become bothersome for that "newspaper" Between poor grammar, misspellings, and stories that have no validity it is possible that they have gotten rid of most editors.  

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

Page 2: all of your posts. Again all crap.

Conclusion: You mainly post crap and insults.

You don't comprehend very well, I guess. ALL in response to assinine attacks on me. I don't attack, but I have no problem retaliating against lunacy.

But I am done with your infantile crusade.

• Haha 3