Chapala.com Webboard

Official: Chinese vaccines' effectiveness low

geeser

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

What crap. And we are supposed to believe what you post instead?

Believe the scientific posts out of the New England Journal of Medicine instead.

Believe the scientific reports for the 10,000 patient Sinovac study performed in Turkey that reported 84% efficacy for the Sinovac.

Why would anyone believe a Brazilian study of just "50% efficacy", that had just 88 vaccinated patients in the Treatment Group for calculating the vaccine  % efficacy?
... Just because the NY Times & AP guys repeat it? 

Why would anyone believe a Brazilian study of just "50% efficacy", that had just 175 unvaccinated patients in the Control Group for calculating the vaccine % efficacy?
... Just because the NY Times & AP guys repeat it? 

Journalists don't know how to interpret, nor what to look for in scientific report. ... The NY Times & AP news staff have been slashed over the years, gutting their research & fact checking departments. 

Why believe me?
I'm a Doctor of Public Health, with 44 yrs of professional experience, who was also a   staff editor for 7 years   of a BioMedical journal, reviewing & editing years of medical research reports.  I've worked on successful Public Health clean-up programs at all of the USA's biggest DOD & DOE sites.  I was a professional scientific expert witness for both the US Dept of Justice & the US DOE.

I've worked on 2 big virus-transmission control studies of over $2 million for the US NIH & the Gates Foundation.  I've personally managed over $37 million of very successful Public Health & Environmental Health programs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, you have some cred. Excellent. But NYT has a lot more cred than you, and the Associated Press has earned 54 Pulitzers, so I will not be taking your opinion on those kind of blanket hip shots.

So... AndyPanda trusts a Brazilian study, that had just 88 vaccinated patients in the Vaccine's %Efficacy group?

Why? ... Because "the NY Times says so" ... ?

Think about it for a moment:
88 patients is simply too small to provide a valid result for a vaccine efficacy trial.  

9 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Go ahead, keep putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about believing any of it. Only that I trust those institutions far more than I will ever trust you. Give us credit for being able to read and weigh the issues for ourselves.

Oh, this is priceless.  First, Andy blasts us because we don't fall in line with what he believes; only his opinion is valid. Then, when a truly qualified professional gives an opinion, BASED ON RESEARCH/MEDICAL TRIALS, etc, he grudgingly admits said professional has some "cred, " but a writer for a paper with a major agenda trumps all. Yeah, those Pulitzers really come in handy when treating patients.  SMH.

FWIW, please continue giving us facts, Snowco. While I stand by my decision not to have the vaccine at this point in time, there are those of us who truly do read and consider all sides.  I don't take this stand lightly, but nothing I've seen so far has erased my just-as-valid choice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You have becme a raging Sophist, and your sad attempts to twist my words are failing on a massive scale. And anyone who believes your backwards rhetoric deserves to be ignored as well.

This board is supposed to be helpful, not your personal grudge sandbox. You don't like my opinion? Fine: disagree. But keep your hatred to yourself. What a waste of everyone's time and intellect.

Let's see...you attack and insult all those who disagree with you and then basically threaten that it's your right to go social on those who dare express an opposing opinion. The only one who has made this personal is you with your nasty, childish attacks/name calling. There are several here who have stated opinions that I disagree with, but they have given me reasons to listen and, quite possibly, learn. Sometimes, I change my mind; sometimes, I don't. The difference is that they use valid data to support their argument while you have done nothing but attack. So, forgive me if I find most of your comments quite humorous and/or sad. 

BTW, on a slightly different note, they're now recommending that the JnJ vaccine be temporarily pulled due to clotting issues. 

8 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

You've never "explained" youself. All you've done is explode with an amazing amount of anger.

She has explained herself before. It's up to you to connect the dots. Ferchrissakes, stop being such a curmudgeon.

Screenshot_2021-04-13 How we can overcome vaccine hesitancy.png

• Thanks 2

Try and keep up Andy. Some people just don't feel the need to explain themselves more than once. Considering that you posted in the thread in which her comment was made, the onus is on you for not remembering the content.

I prefer to make my decisions in life based on my own opinions and research. However, everyone else is also entitled to do the same. Stop badgering other people's opinions. It makes you look pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

All I've done is attack? 

2 hours ago, Tingting said:

Andy, I've more than explained myself, but maybe someone can put it into smaller syllables for you. In all sincerity, I hope the vaccine works for you and that it gives you peace to have had it. As for me, I am just as much at peace with my decision. 

Man, that was a really vicious attack.

This is truly my last posting TO YOU because you're so intent on your agenda that you name call, insult and get furious that we don't goose-step with you and have the temerity to fight back when you do so. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the opinions of others such as SnowyCo and Ferret (and so many more) because they back up their opinions by hard data and not just their mood for the day. I may or may not agree with their conclusions, but I will always seriously consider what they've said because they give me valid reasons to consider other angles. I also found Tom Gates' comment on zinc and Vitamin D interesting because of some related articles I've read. Meanwhile, I actually feel rather sorry for you because you sound like a very bitter, angry old man and life is just too damned short to be angry all the time. I don't know you, nor do I particularly dislike you, but I do dislike the rage that seethes in all of your postings. I'm just sorry that I let it get to me. I still wish you well and hope the vaccine is all that you think it is. "Stick a fork in me; I'm done." 

That explanation is not in this thread. All she did in this one is attack. All I did was make my opinion known. Who's the curmudgeon?

Thread after thread is filled with your endless attacking of other posters and their opinions or information. You post nothing of value or interest, just troll-like behavior.

Are you really so desperate for constant attention? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great so there is a study that says Sinovac is 83% effective.   I want to read the study not the summary and the study as far as I can see doesn't exist.  I did see the two smaller studies and read the results and showed local doctors the studies.  Why can't I find the study?  Found study on sputnik and the other vaccines.  

That explanation is not in this thread. All she did in this one is attack. All I did was make my opinion known. Who's the curmudgeon?

You are, as many here have stated.

"All she did in this one is attack." = more of your psychological projection.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Keep repeating your hackneyed phrase. Maybe someday it will stick. I fail to see what you gain from your repeated insults and attacks. Make you feel all gooey inside?

Gain = you disappear back into your own little world and stay there OR stop behaving extremely annoying and attacking posters.

• Thanks 1

I counted 14 posts from Andy Panda on this thread alone, none of which contain any information or anything of value, not even a humorous comment, but are all attacks on the posts of others.

Then there are 36 posts by others, 14 of which are trying to get Andy to STFU if he/she has nothing to contribute. 

So there are 50 posts in this thread in total, before this one, 28 of which have nothing to do with anything but the troll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

I counted 14 posts from Andy Panda on this thread alone, none of which contain any information or anything of value, not even a humorous comment, but are all attacks on the posts of others.

Then there are 36 posts by others, 14 of which are trying to get Andy to STFU if he/she has nothing to contribute. 

So there are 50 posts in this thread in total, before this one, 28 of which have nothing to do with anything but the troll.

Look who's trolling. But thanks for making the effort.