Chapala.com Webboard

Propane gas leak

Antonio found a under marble floor leak and repaired it. He was the 5th plumber who attempted to find it. He used an air compressor to pressurize the line and listened every where for the sound of a leak. Remember the gas pressure is around 4 PSI and he put in compressed air at 30PSI after shutting off the gas and removing the regulator from the line. Antonio  331-361-6610 or residence 766-5338

If you don't want to dig up your floors and replace tile, you can have the gas line rerouted up and over the roof. This is now the second house that I've lived in Lakeside that has had that done. Old pipes and earth tremors cause the pipes to fail. I'd rather have pipes where I can see their health and smell it if there's a problem.

• Like 2

Replaced my gas lines with Durman pipe on the exterior. This should have been used initially in the house construction, won't rust or leak, unlike the galvanized pipe typically used. Didn't want to rip up the floor which the plumber was too ready to do. Job done within a few hours using this Durman system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

Repaced my gas lines with Durman pipe on the exterior. This should have been used initially in the house construction, won't rust or leak, unlike the galvanized pipe typically used. Didn't want to rip up the floor which the plumber was too ready to do. Job done within a few hours using this Durman system.