Chapala.com Webboard

Great steak....at home!

CBGUY

6 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

How do you cook a pork butt steak??

We do it either on the BBQ or cut into chunks and in a pan using a sauce of your choice. They can be done anyway that you do any pork chop. There is more flavour and moisture [juicy ] from marbling than loin chops which are too dry for my liking. They also are called boston butt, blade steaks or blade shoulder roasts/chops.  I t took me a long time to get a butcher here to do the right cut[not shoulder].

piggy2.jpg

images pork butt steak.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Very funny, but wrong use of terminology.  happyjillin is correct proper terminology  is Boston butt or simply butt roast.  The shoulder/blade roast is also very good.  A pork steak is an entirely different cut of meat and will usually have bone in it. 

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

Very funny, but wrong use of terminology.  happyjillin is correct proper terminology  is Boston butt or simply butt roast.  The shoulder/blade roast is also very good.  A pork steak is an entirely different cut of meat and will usually have bone in it. 

the blade roast or steak is from the butt area as pictured. I buy boneless butt steaks from los 3 butchery. Here it is with the      shoulder blade bone in. Feel the top of your back for your big blade bone.

Steak-ready-pork-shoulder-side-view-1.jpg

Walmart, of all places, has introduced a premium meat selection. Lots of Angus Sonora, lots of marbling. The store is also always empty for the past few days, probably because of the parking lot fiasco. Walmart will have to send down a well suited executive, with a briefcase full of politician grease.

15 hours ago, happyjillin said:

the blade roast or steak is from the butt area as pictured. I buy boneless butt steaks from los 3 butchery. Here it is with the      shoulder blade bone in. Feel the top of your back for your big blade bone.

Steak-ready-pork-shoulder-side-view-1.jpg

below foto is the boneless portion I get from los3 butchery. Note the excellent marbling,just like a good ribeye.

Steak-ready-pork-shoulder-side-view boneless.jpg

15 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Walmart, of all places, has introduced a premium meat selection. Lots of Angus Sonora, lots of marbling. The store is also always empty for the past few days, probably because of the parking lot fiasco. Walmart will have to send down a well suited executive, with a briefcase full of politician grease.

Have you actually tried it. There's different quality/grades in steaks even Sonora.