Chapala.com Webboard

Mexicans traveling home from US pay a tip to cops and extortion to criminals

Jim Bowie

....especially if one has a foreign plated vehicle.   And the Colombia area crossing is no alternative because they are out there too.  I will say that "all" I have encountered at both crossings is mordida-seeking cops and nothing worse but.....

I usually cross at either Eagle Pass or Del Rio but that's not going to work for many folks.... too far west. 

47 minutes ago, RickS said:

....especially if one has a foreign plated vehicle.   And the Colombia area crossing is no alternative because they are out there too.  I will say that "all" I have encountered at both crossings is mordida-seeking cops and nothing worse but.....

I usually cross at either Eagle Pass or Del Rio but that's not going to work for many folks.... too far west. 

We have crossed many times at Pharr now, never a problem.  The route bypasses Reynosa complete, in fact it bypasses every town of any size after Lagos de Moreno.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RickS said:

... and the next time I go north AND need to be that far east, I'll use that route. 

P.S.  I have the same track record using the Eagle Pass route for about 15 years. 

The time and distance to San Antonio is very close and the tolls are considerably less.  Another benefit, we can easily make McAllen in one day and the hotel and eathing choices are much more extensive and better priced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1