Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down today

15 hours ago, ea93105 said:

Telmex landline with internet for $300 ?

OK...$389. Telmex has the worst customer service, even a low standard for Mexico! When I signed up with ILox I rushed to Telmex to cancel my service.  I soon realized that ILox phone service sucked so I went back to Telmex to restore just my phone landline. Just this simple function was a nightmare..."go home and your service will be restored"...NO! Back and forth to the office (this was before the virus so they were open), wait in line, watch as the rep spend what seemed like hours tapping on the computer, on the phone, "OK, all is good"...NO. Finally I had the line back and got my first bill...over $600!!! I need the landline since I have a 800 toll free directed line here for my customers in the US and Canada. I have a part time computer guy/assistant and when he found out what I was paying he just laughed. Little did I know, nor was I informed on my multiple trips to their office, that they have a phoneline/internet plan (cannot remember the name) for $389 as you see here, so both for a little more than half the price of the landline alone! Also when I got this plan in place my internet download speed had increase to about 30 from a dismal 2-4 before. So be aware...do not buy the phone service or the internet service separately...the Telmex reps will not alert you to this combination plan...they are protecting Sn. Slim!!!

So backup is good...ILox, much improved with 90 - 100 download at $683...Telmex, somewhat inconsistent phone/internet with 30 download at $389...a total of $1,072...what an improvement over just a few short years!!!

Also, Telmex still out here in lower SAT. 

Telmex.jpeg

gringohombre  the vast majority of us using Telmex have the combo plan. It is nothing new. 

Also I note that my Telmex cost has not increased from $389 in at least 15 years. While the internet service has gotten better, calls to cell phones became free,  free calls to the USA & Canada (as well as many other countries) are all now included.

How many countries in the world can you get internet & telephone for such a low price.

As to customer service most of us have no problem. So sorry you do....

My son recently had service installed in a new house. He called the 800 number techs were at his new house in 2 days with new fiberoptic installation done quickly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

gringohombre  the vast majority of us using Telmex have the combo plan. It is nothing new. 

Also I note that my Telmex cost has not increased from $389 in at least 15 years. While the internet service has gotten better, calls to cell phones became free,  free calls to the USA & Canada (as well as many other countries) are all now included.

How many countries in the world can you get internet & telephone for such a low price.

As to customer service most of us have no problem. So sorry you do....

My son recently had service installed in a new house. He called the 800 number techs were at his new house in 2 days with new fiberoptic installation done quickly.

I am glad that someeople are receiving good service, but overall I would rate Telmex a 4 out of ten for General performance. Sure low price is an attraction but means nada if you don't have service 

I am one of the lucky few who have almost never had a Telmex line or internet breakdown, so I do not remember the last time I had to make a service call. And therefore I have no recollection of ever having to make a service call.

So I guess I can say that my Telmex is excellent. 

🤑

2 minutes ago, johanson said:

I am one of the lucky few who have almost never had a Telmex line or internet breakdown, so I do not remember the last time I had to make a service call. And therefore I have no recollection of ever having to make a service call.

So I guess I can say that my Telmex is excellent. 

🤑

Same here, never have had a problem in 35  years of service with the same number, just the upgrades as they happened. So my Telmex is excellent.

Do you think it´s because of the year we were born.....LOL

10 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

Same here, never have had a problem in 35  years of service with the same number, just the upgrades as they happened. So my Telmex is excellent.

Do you think it´s because of the year we were born.....LOL

There was a time that you had to own shares in Telmex in order to get a phone line. Maybe you are a legacy account?

In 13 years we really haven't had that many problems.  When i consider the cost, TelMex is a screaming bargain compared to NOB.

I will say today's speed check was the first time ever to get the speed we've been paying for.  

A good way to appreciate what we have is to talk to someone about what TelMex was like when the government ran it.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was back in 1997, when I first got a landline from Telmex. My home # was quite small. It was a total of not 10 numbers as it is today, but of 5 numbers and you were charged when making long distance calls from Ajijic to Joco. However, it was free to phone closer cities like San Antonio and Chapala. The phone numbers in Ajijic all started with the number 6 followed by a unique 4 digit number assigned to you. In Chapala the first number was always 5 followed by a unique 4 digit # to each Telmex phone client. I don't remember what it cost to phone the states in the 90s, but it was quite expensive.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

In 13 years we really haven't had that many problems.  When i consider the cost, TelMex is a screaming bargain compared to NOB.

I will say today's speed check was the first time ever to get the speed we've been paying for.  

A good way to appreciate what we have is to talk to someone about what TelMex was like when the government ran it.  :D 

The difference mainly was getting a line when the government owned it.  You had to buy it from someone who was leaving and would sell and then the bidding war started.  The payment went to the previous owner of the line and Telmex didn´t get anything except the service charge for changing address and ownership of the line.  I waited 5 years to get a line that wasn´t terribly overpriced and still wound up paying about 4,000 USD for it through the "Black Widow".  I´m sure you newer residents have probably heard all the stories about her, and no I wasn´t one of her major victims (Graciás a Dios), just a minor one.  LOL

I think service was pretty good as there were a lot less lines and no internet.  Phones would go out once in a while during storms in the rain season. 

9 hours ago, slainte39 said:

The difference mainly was getting a line when the government owned it.  You had to buy it from someone who was leaving and would sell and then the bidding war started.  The payment went to the previous owner of the line and Telmex didn´t get anything except the service charge for changing address and ownership of the line.  I waited 5 years to get a line that wasn´t terribly overpriced and still wound up paying about 4,000 USD for it through the "Black Widow".  I´m sure you newer residents have probably heard all the stories about her, and no I wasn´t one of her major victims (Graciás a Dios), just a minor one.  LOL

I think service was pretty good as there were a lot less lines and no internet.  Phones would go out once in a while during storms in the rain season. 

As I recall when the office  was in Chapala the guy at the complaints desk had a line up that went halfway up the block..seriously 

21 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Using iLox and Edge... 7:15 am...

11329713042.png

Please read my post above. You must have fallen for the Slim Scam!!! If you are paying $599 you are not on the phone/internet "combination plan" (I forget the name) for$389. of course they will not advise you of that if you are continuing to pay the higher rate since Sn. Slim is laughing all the way to the banco!!! Also magically, when I signed up for that, my internet speed became a steady 30 download. Go figure!!!

25 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Please read my post above. You must have fallen for the Slim Scam!!! If you are paying $599 you are not on the phone/internet "combination plan" (I forget the name) for$389. of course they will not advise you of that if you are continuing to pay the higher rate since Sn. Slim is laughing all the way to the banco!!! Also magically, when I signed up for that, my internet speed became a steady 30 download. Go figure!!!

No scam  You are obviously not aware..   

They chose the higher download speed package. First 3 months $435 then $599  which also includes higher amount of Claro drive storage

There are more than one phone + Internet plan options depending on the download speed you want. You can even opt for Disney, or Netflix plans as well