Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down today

1 minute ago, RickS said:

I don't understand how/why using the Firefox browser would necessarily slow down a speed test.  Did it make a difference on ILOX also?

I don't totally understand either Rick. And, yes, the same difference with iLox. 

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Please read my post above. You must have fallen for the Slim Scam!!! If you are paying $599 you are not on the phone/internet "combination plan" (I forget the name) for$389. of course they will not advise you of that if you are continuing to pay the higher rate since Sn. Slim is laughing all the way to the banco!!! Also magically, when I signed up for that, my internet speed became a steady 30 download. Go figure!!!

Thanks for the above and here is the proof... Paquetes de internet fibra óptica, entretenimiento y telefonía (telmex.com)

And I know full well that Slim laughs all the way to the bank because I used to have the 999 peso plan and they neglected to inform me that it was discontinued and happily charged me that for well over a year. It pays to check the site regularly for changes to plans. Although with that lovely caveat of "up to a certain speed", it is not a guarantee that you'll actually get what is posted. It all depends on where you are and I don't think there's fibreoptic yet in Riberas. Thanks again.

• Like 1