Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down today

7 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Obviously my Telmex Infinitum isn't and how can you post if your Telmex is down?

TelMex is not the only option these days.  ILOX is working fine.  We have both and have always had 2 ISPs since 2008.  For days like this!

• Like 1

Too funny. I just checked my iPhone for messages up here in Seattle. And there was a message from Telmex stating that my Ajijic landline was in an affected area, and that it was not necessary to report my outage. :)

😀

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I am a luddite and proud of it.😝👿🥱

I am,too, to a great extent. The only reason I started using a smart phone was because I needed it as a hotspot to connect to cell-based internet, as there are no phone lines in my area. But I don't download apps and stuff.

49 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I am a luddite and proud of it.😝👿🥱

I don't believe it. If you are a true Luddite how did you manage to get those three cartoons onto your post??? I think that these should be banned from all internet communication since the poster using them is showing a lack in plain language skills. 

• 4 weeks later...

I received a message from Telmex on my iPhone up here in Seattle telling me that my Ajijic Telmex land line is in a zone or area that has problems and that there is no need to report the outage as Telmex is already working on the problem. And I was going to call my Telmex number this afternoon, oh well, most everyone these days has a cellphone 

6 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Not recently and always with a call to their tech dept. corrected almost immediately. They had a rocky launch but now all is OK and the $300 Telmex landline/internet is a backup!!!

Telmex landline with internet for $300 ?

My net has been down for 11 hours now. Heard it's down in SJC since 815pm.

Yep, still down at my place in Centro  Ajijic.