Chapala.com Webboard

Message from Expat Liaison Hector Espana

Dear Friends
Both Ajijic Delegado Juan Ramon Flores and I have been receiving many calls asking/ demanding information regarding second vaccinations and/or receipts. Be assured we would dearly love to answer these questions, but, we have no information at all. This is supremely stressful for us as we can't answer you.

The organization "Save the Nation" ( SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN) is in complete control. Even when they do give us information, i.e. pickup registrations at the malecon thursday and friday, it has turned out to be untrue. Even the Mayor Moy Anaya can not answer you. Please be patient. Save the Nation will get the job done , but, it will be in the Mexican way and will take time.

As soon as we know anything official , we will announce it here Facebook Chapala EXPAT LIAISON, please be assured! We will not publish rumors or suppositions. We will do our best to have confidence in what information we convey, but, even that is in the hands of Save the Nation.( SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN)
Please, share this with you friends and neighbors!
Your Friend, Hector España.
UFn1qq9SajO.png
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 9:32 AM, HarryB said:
As soon as we know anything official , we will announce it here Facebook Chapala EXPAT LIAISON, please be assured! UFn1qq9SajO.png

Harry, many of use do NOT use FB.  Is there any way that Sr. España could keep the rest of us in the loop, just in case the "we'll phone you" 🤣 doesn't happen?   Gracias

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There  was something suspicious to me from the start about this whole rush to get vaccinated...standing in line for hours, getting the shot and then no paperwork!!!  Now we learn that this was not part of a government program but an organization called "Save the Nation" (SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN)!!! Who knew? I do not remember this information being discussed here...it was propagated that this was the government program that we were waiting for. We were even told to print out the registration form we had completed on the Gob website to take to the malecon or park or wherever. This online registration asked for a phone # and email so that you could be notified when and where when your turn came. I was and am (maybe naively) waiting for that notification hopefully to go the the Seguro Popular (or whatever the name is now) that I am registered with just up the street from me for the first shot. I feel sorry for all those who rushed for that first shot and are now, I am sure, very concerned about the second. Is there a time period between shots that has to be adhered to for full effectiveness? For years now I have been a confirmed hermit, so now have no problem waiting more for my notification...or AM I being TOTALLY naïve???  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

It is your choice not to use FB, but don't expect the world to make exceptions for you and find the tiny box you chose to live in to tell you whats going on.

Not using Facebook is hardly to be equated with living in a tiny box.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

There  was something suspicious to me from the start about this whole rush to get vaccinated...standing in line for hours, getting the shot and then no paperwork!!!  Now we learn that this was not part of a government program but an organization called "Save the Nation" (SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN)!!! Who knew? I do not remember this information being discussed here...it was propagated that this was the government program that we were waiting for. We we even told to print out the registration form we had completed on the Gob website to take to the malacon or park or wherever. This online registration asked for a phone # and email so that you could be notified when and where when your turn came. I was and am (maybe naively) waiting for that notification hopefully to go the the Seguro Popular (or whatever the name is now) that I am registered with just up the street from me for the first shot. I feel sorry for all those who rushed for that first shot and are now, I am sure, very concerned about the second. Is there a time pierid between shots that has to be adhered to for full effectiveness? For years now I have been a confirmed hermit, so now have no problem waiting more for my notification...or AM I being TOTALLY naïve???  

This was an outfit hired by the government. They didn't just walk in and say "We're taking over." And it's "Servants", not "Save".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

This was an outfit hired by the government. They didn't just walk in and say "We're taking over." And it's "Servants", not "Save".

I am quoting Harry B: "The organization "Save the Nation" ( SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN) is in complete control."

OK, maybe they were "hired" by the government but nowhere here or in my limited access to "local" news have I been informed of this. My basic question still is: why were we strongly informed to register on the Gob. website, and told we would be notified when our turn came? 

• Confused 1

What about people fom other locations like Ajijic, San Juan Cosala, Jocoepec.? Will the Facebook notifecation apply to them?

I really don't want FB following me around. I don't use Edge so it has no other associated cookies or contact information. What if I set up a fake name FB account, only opened it in a browser I don't otherwise use, and share the name and password with others who don't want to be "on Facebook"? They could use an alternate browser as well: Edge or Opera or.... I wonder if a bunch of us could share the same fake account to access the government FB pages? I'm willing to try, PM me if interested.

34 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I am quoting Harry B: "The organization "Save the Nation" ( SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN) is in complete control."

OK, maybe they were "hired" by the government but nowhere here or in my limited access to "local" news have I been informed of this. My basic question still is: why were we strongly informed to register on the Gob. website, and told we would be notified when our turn came? 

SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN  Means SERVANTS OF THE NATION.

Some time back the government asked for student volunteers to be trained on how to vaccinate people and to aid in a quicker vaccination program. Thousands were recruited to aid and serve their country.  They have been given the responsibility for this area. Many people are happy to have received their vaccination sooner than later. 

Those that received the vaccination had to present their copy of the registration at the time. (which you were "strongly informed" ) to do on line. Almost every country has made moving changes to their vaccination program, and Mexico is one of them. 

If you read the Mexican newspapers you would have been aware. If you watched the Guadalajara news you would have been aware. 

Many people posted announcements were on this web board which you seem to read every day. 

Or you can sit home and complain on this web board where somehow you didn't see the many notices that were posted here.

• Thanks 6

54 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

There was certainly talk that volunteers were going to be used, on here and lots of other places. None of us knows what changed between the time we were asked to register and the dates in question. But seeing as how this is a developing situation, you should not at all be surprised. I remember how relieved and excited so many people were when they actually heard there was a registration site. SO many people that the thing was overloaded for days. And now you're ticked because you didn't get all the details the way you wanted them?

I watched Chapala move from a silly lineup on the main drag, to serious triage in the park by the third day. That only comes from experience. I'm pretty impressed with what they learned. On the Ajijic side, who knows.

12 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN  Means SERVANTS OF THE NATION.

Some time back the government asked for student volunteers to be trained on how to vaccinate people and to aid in a quicker vaccination program. Thousands were recruited to aid and serve their country.  They have been given the responsibility for this area. Many people are happy to have received their vaccination sooner than later. 

Those that received the vaccination had to present their copy of the registration at the time. (which you were "strongly informed" ) to do on line. Almost every country has made moving changes to their vaccination program, and Mexico is one of them. 

If you read the Mexican newspapers you would have been aware. If you watched the Guadalajara news you would have been aware. 

Many people posted announcements were on this web board which you seem to read every day. 

Or you can sit home and complain on this web board where somehow you didn't see the many notices that were posted here.

I said "I am quoting Harry B: "The organization "Save the Nation" ( SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN) is in complete control."

I am sure that all of those who got their shots sin papeleo are relieved that "the government asked for student volunteers to be trained on how to vaccinate people and to aid in a quicker vaccination program". I am waiting for the program to be "normalized"...thank you

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

It is your choice not to use FB, but don't expect the world to make exceptions for you and find the tiny box you chose to live in to tell you whats going on.

Sorry,  but I find Facebook offensive in so many ways that I refuse to use it, or let it use me. I also find your insult offensive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I said "I am quoting Harry B: "The organization "Save the Nation" ( SERVIDORES DE LA NACIÓN) is in complete control."

I am sure that all of those who got their shots sin papeleo are relieved that "the government asked for student volunteers to be trained on how to vaccinate people and to aid in a quicker vaccination program". I am waiting for the program to be "normalized"...thank you

Ah, yes. They got it wrong the first time, so now I'm waiting to see what they do the next time. Not offering any help or suggestions, mind you, just complaining.

We were part of a group from Chapala that went to Mezcala for the vaccine   We were not sure if we could get vaccinated but went anyways.

Oh and Hector was there.  Did he call you? No.  Did he post it? No

he just called a selected few not all of you.  Do not be fooled.  We did not know from him.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3