Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic ticket and car registration questions

My husband received a ticket for no seat belt last Thursday. He said the ticket was for about $400 pesos. He has dementia, and he promptly lost the ticket. (Claims the maid threw it away) When he went to pay, they said the fine was $1100 pesos. Is this because he lost the ticket??

He went to pay the car registration because the Guad Reporter said the discount was good until 1 April. He says the office was closed for vacation for 2 weeks. Anyone know about that?

My relative with dementia drives to 2 or 3 regular places.  He has Google maps on this cell and if confused he can say go home and receive instructions. His wife can track him by a cell tracking app. In 2 years his only problem occurred while walking the dog and the dog took him on too many turns in the neighborhood.  He used the google map app and returned home with no problem.

Taking away someone's driving privilege's has to be the worst job in the world. Been there, done that with my mum. I took away her freedom and independence. But, when your loved one forgets what red and green lights mean, it's necessary. When they are going to forget those things is an accident waiting to happen. 

I have a friend who doesn't see well enough to drive.  I asked her doctor (I have medical power of attorney) if there was a way he could get the DMV not to issue a new license when it expires this year.  He said there is no provision for him to do that (unlike in the US).