Chapala.com Webboard

Vacation on the Beach

You can tell the slugs, as they crawl out from under the rocks to spoil things for others. Such slime.

3 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Yep, just ask anyone from Texas, great place to go during a power outage too.    🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Seriously? In my experience, the average Mexican doesn't have the same concept of adequate personal space or privacy that Americans or Canadians do. The more the merrier. A friend of mine found that his vacation rental home, that sleeps 6, and was booked for 6, had 17 people staying in it. They'll sleep 5 to a bed or just in a bedroll on the floor.

The place has strict occupancy limits and they enforce them.

14 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Seriously? In my experience, the average Mexican doesn't have the same concept of adequate personal space or privacy that Americans or Canadians do. The more the merrier. A friend of mine found that his vacation rental home, that sleeps 6, and was booked for 6, had 17 people staying in it. They'll sleep 5 to a bed or just in a bedroll on the floor.

yes! that is part of the Mexican warmth and friendship!   Just cultural issue!  :)🤣

• Like 1

yes! that is part of the Mexican warmth and friendship!   Just cultural issue!  :)🤣

That is why we got an ONLY ADULTS all inclusive membership in the ONLY ADULTS hotel.  :)  Also, we go there, "out of hard season".

I mean, when the Mexicans are working, we never travel during Mexican hollidays, it is the hell! 😆

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Well he'll have to work a bit to top this.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Oh, how so? It wasn't meant to be negative or disparaging. It was an observation of cultural difference. Did I say there was something bad about it? No, you just had to jump in to defend your buddy.

sometimes, for me, this kind of situations are.... totally funny!  🤣😂 

Has anyone seen the "national mechanical" movie? "Mecánica Nacional"... if you have the chance, do not miss it!  Mexicans are, just, this way!  so funny !  🤣😂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, doberwoman said:

sometimes, for me, this kind of situations are.... totally funny!  🤣😂 

Years ago when my house was in construction, my head maestro invited me to his wedding, in a town a couple hours away where he and his wife were from. I knew I wouldn't want to drive home at night after the party, so I said I'd bring my little  tent. He said, oh no, all their families lived there, there would be a place for me to sleep.

I was telling these friends of mine that I was going to go to my first Mexican wedding, spend the night up there, but they'd told me not to bother bringing the tent.

My friends said, "Oh, we've been through that before. They will be super hospitable, as Mexicans are, and show you to the room where you can sleep and you'll end up sharing a bed with 4 complete strangers. Bring the tent."

And I had an Airbnb guest, a young woman, who had booked my guest room, where I only host solo guests- it just has a single bed. But she showed up with her boyfriend, and I didn't have the heart to turn them away, they looked so crestfallen when I said I only host solo guests (as it says clearly in my listing ad). So I asked, "You're both going to squish into that single bed?" ( She was a small person, but he wasn't). They said, Oh yeah, no problem. And they did, for a week.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Oh, how so? It wasn't meant to be negative or disparaging. It was an observation of cultural difference. Did I say there was something bad about it? No, you just had to jump in to defend your buddy.

I guarantee if I had posted anything like that the people of a certain ideological persuasion around here including you would be all over me.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

By posting that, you just put yourself into a "certain ideological persuasion".

Maybe just guilty of pointing out the obvious.  As for your comment, no, I just put myself outside of same, quite willingly and happily.  Outside of same is a much bigger place.  :D 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, doberwoman said:

That is why we got an ONLY ADULTS all inclusive membership in the ONLY ADULTS hotel.  :)  Also, we go there, "out of hard season".

I mean, when the Mexicans are working, we never travel during Mexican hollidays, it is the hell! 😆

I am laughing because 10 years ago when we moved here, we thought, let's go to PV for New Years. Huge mistake. We got to our hotel and the Mexicans were so packed in you could barely see the beach. Not only that they were 3 on laps in the hot tub. Never again, it was a week from hell. 🙃

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guiness said:

I am laughing because 10 years ago when we moved here, we thought, let's go to PV for New Years. Huge mistake. We got to our hotel and the Mexicans were so packed in you could barely see the beach. Not only that they were 3 on laps in the hot tub. Never again, it was a week from hell. 🙃

The places to go visit during Mexican holidays are the inland cities, because the Mexicans head to the beach. Live and learn. Although I can still go to my favorite little beaches a 15 minute drive from my house, even during Semana Santa and find them almost empty, because the tourists don't know about them, or come on the bus and can't get to them.

• Like 1

Thankfully the insurrection was successful and Tejas became Texas...basically because Mexico had been unsuccessful in getting many Mexicans to populate that area and the Gringos got tired of far off rule and did something about it. Maybe getting close to similar in the US, quien sabe.