Chapala.com Webboard

Tailor or Seamstress

8 hours ago, happyjillin said:

In "Chapala" wanted for a small job. No other locations need be mentioned,gracias.

331-763-8554  • Rosey  331 738-1814.  • Rosey
In Chapala, Sastreria Karla, on Del Velesco (between Degollado and Miguel Martinez) 13:00-19:00 tel 332-131-5521. Turn at Bus
station on Miguel Martinez to Rt on Acapulco to Rt on Del Velasco. Brown door on left
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, happyjillin said:

I have been using Oh Shirt for many years and she probably can't replace the fly on a pair of pants that I just bought on amazon which is too short. Wonder if they are even open for biz during this pandemic.

I'm a professional seamstress and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what you mean by replacing a too short fly on a pair of pants.

48 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I'm a professional seamstress and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what you mean by replacing a too short fly on a pair of pants.

These are new men's pants from amazon and they sewed in a short zipper like a woman's pant. Makes something[ahem!] difficult to perform.Have 2 other pairs from this company and they're just fine.

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

These are new men's pants from amazon and they sewed in a short zipper like a woman's pant. Makes something[ahem!] difficult to perform.Have 2 other pairs from this company and they're just fine.

A seamstress can't just put a longer zipper in. They would have to take apart the entire fly, take out the stiching at the top where it is attached to the waistband, undo the seam all the way down to the crotch seam, cut a new piece of fabric to replace the back of the part that overlaps the zipper, plus the seam directly below the zipper is usually cut in a way that would make lengthening it impossible. 

Return the pants.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, happyjillin said:

A couple of years ago Cabela's pulled the same stunt. I had been buying their chinos and liked them so well I had several pair. Then I ordered another pair a year later and they had shortened the zipper to 5" instead of the normal 7". I took them back and wrote a letter to the CEO. What a cheap stuint to save a couple of cents in cost. I don't buy their pants any more.

LOL! Yes, I investigated something similar in my camping days. The write up amused me no end because it had a long flexible tube attached and the inventor was so happy that hers was now longer than his. ;) Doesn't really solve Pedro's problem though since those short zips are gonna nip a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ferret said:

LOL! Yes, I investigated something similar in my camping days. The write up amused me no end because it had a long flexible tube attached and the inventor was so happy that hers was now longer than his. ;) Doesn't really solve Pedro's problem though since those short zips are gonna nip a bit.

Indeed,and that ain't pleasant.