Chapala.com Webboard

ANOTHER SINOVAC UPDATE - MARCH 8TH

The Mexican government has stated nothing about doing a complete 2 jab second round of vaccines for 60 and over so people who do not accept it's roll out now may have to wait until Oct. to buy a vaccination from private clinics and pharmacies. To me this is a bad idea.

Just now, AlanMexicali said:

The Mexican government has stated nothing about doing a second round of vaccines for 60 and over so prople who do not accept it's roll out now may have to wsit until Oct. to buy a vaccination from private clinics and pharmacies. To me this is a bad idea.

The Government expects to start vaccinating ages 50-59 the between April 15 & April 20th. They are still vaccinating those 60 and above. New locations are announced all the time.  

Since both doses are the same a person who has not received their first dose can get it when the others are getting their second. Then return when the next group is scheduled for their first. 

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The Government expects to start vaccinating ages 50-59 the between April 15 & April 20th. They are still vaccinating those 60 and above. New locations are announced all the time.  

Since both doses are the same a person who has not received their first dose can get it when the others are getting their second. Then return when the next group is scheduled for their first. 

A couple of weeks ago AMLO stated the 60 and over will be a month later than he promised which was the end of April and said it is extended 30 days until May. Then in May, with no date given, the 50 to 59 will start their turn. He also said private medical Dr.s and nurses will have to wait their turn by age. The private Dr.s and nurses demonstrations in Mexico City might have reversed that as here in San Luis Potosi private medical Dr.s, Dentists and nurses were vaccinated with Pfizer at the miltary base yesterday. I drove past there and the line was 3 blocks long at noon.

19 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

The Mexican government has stated nothing about doing a second round of vaccines for 60 and over so people who do not accept it's roll out now may have to wait until Oct. to buy a vaccination from private clinics and pharmacies. To me this is a bad idea.

??

We got our first Sinovac  vaccination 26 days ago, and we got our text message -  scheduling us to get our second Sinovac jab on Saturday.

Everyone we know who have gotten a 1'st jab here in Mexico, have been called back for their second shot. ;)

Of course it's a typo. Where are you located, in Mexico, Snowyco?

Edited to add: in the second to last post in this thread https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/90631-please-post-info-for-second-vaccine-in-chapala/   is a list of communities close by that ARE getting their second shots. Please wait for your assigned locality and turn.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, snowyco said:

??

We got our first Sinovac  vaccination 26 days ago, and we got our text message -  scheduling us to get our second Sinovac jab on Saturday.

Everyone we know who have gotten a 1'st jab here in Mexicon, have been called back for their second shot. ;)

Not first/second jab but a roll out of a complete second "round" of first and second jabs for 60 and over citizens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Of course it's a typo. Where are you located, in Mexico, Snowyco?

Edited to add: in the second to last post in this thread https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/90631-please-post-info-for-second-vaccine-in-chapala/   is a list of communities close by that ARE getting their second shots. Please wait for your assigned locality and turn.

We live in Yucatan, not far from Campeche.  We got Sinovac in Campeche. ... Both of us are Mex. citizens, over age 60.

Merida is doing Oxford-AstraZenica at some sites and Sinovac at others.   In the north Yucatan beach coast areas they used only Pfizer's vaccine. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snowyco said:

We live in Yucatan, not far from Campeche.  We got Sinovac in Campeche. ... Both of us are Mex. citizens, over age 60.

Merida is doing Oxford-AstraZenica at some sites and Sinovac at others.   In the north Yucatan beach coast areas they used only Pfizer's vaccine. 

But no notices for El Chante or Jocotepec

This weeks notice starting on Monday 12th of April

En Jalisco, se cuentan con 56 mil 890 vacunas, que serán distribuidas en las regiones sanitarias de Colotlán, Tamazula, Zapotlán el Grande, Autlán, Puerto Vallarta, Ameca, Ciudad Guzmán, Costa Sur,  La Ciénega, Lagos de Moreno, Tamazula

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

This weeks notice starting on Monday 12th of April

En Jalisco, se cuentan con 56 mil 890 vacunas, que serán distribuidas en las regiones sanitarias de Colotlán, Tamazula, Zapotlán el Grande, Autlán, Puerto Vallarta, Ameca, Ciudad Guzmán, Costa Sur,  La Ciénega, Lagos de Moreno, Tamazula

Yes, with full details of all vacc sites in all municipalities concerned in Informador on-line. As I've mentioned before, Friday arrivals at Guad airport are usually  ( not cast in stone)a really good sign of what's coming next.  Keeping a hawk eye open for this Friday's afternoon edition.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snowyco said:

??

Everyone we know who have gotten a 1'st jab here in Mexico, have been called back for their second shot. ;)

I got my first jab 27 days ago at El Chante but have not been told anyhing about a second jab. Where did you get your first jab? Wher and when is your second jab scheduled for?

15 minutes ago, cedros said:

I got my first jab 27 days ago at El Chante but have not been told anyhing about a second jab. Where did you get your first jab? Wher and when is your second jab scheduled for?

Read @snowyco response above.  He lives in the Yucatan, got first shot in Campeche.  Is scheduled for 2nd shot soon.  None of this is applicable to you in Joco, sorry to say.  

Mis consuegros received their first shot in Mezcala and now have their second, same location.  They were notified by telephone, 4 days in advance when to come.   That´s in the next Municipalidad east of Chapala.  They live in SJC, in the Municipalidad of Jocoteprc, next one west of Chapala.

I sent a whatsapp  the person in charge of vaccination  in Chapala this morning  and told her I had to leave  for a job in another state and asked her if she could get me an idea of the schedule for the second shot in the Chapala area.. and this is what she said.

Buen dia, aun no tenemos fecha

Hay que estar al pendiente en redes sociales

Gracias

So no date and check the social media.  Not very useful when you have to start a project and buy a plane ticket.

I found out they were vaccinating in San Cristobal de las casas with the second shot.. That the first and second are the same and that if I missed this one I could go first on the from 50 on.. Down there they have the news all over the radio and they have numbers people actually answering the phone. Big difference. So I am flying out Friday.

Sorry to say but the handling of the vaccination here is pretty pitiful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Mis consuegros received their first shot in Mezcala and now have their second, same location.  They were notified by telephone, 4 days in advance when to come.   That´s in the next Municipalidad east of Chapala.  They live in SJC, in the Municipalidad of Jocoteprc, next one west of Chapala.

Many from Chapala went to Mezcala for the first vaccine and were called for the second vaccine. Very organized   Actually most people there were from Chapala 

A Mexican neighbour who got 1st shot on "Black Wednesday" in Ajijic didn't know about  picking up certificates. He got a phone call on Friday.... end result was they personally delivered the document to him at home in San Antonio. ❤️

I still think we'll know more this Friday afternoon.  Will report if I see anything. Doubtless so will others.

12 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

Many from Chapala went to Mezcala for the first vaccine and were called for the second vaccine. Very organized  

Please remember people.... they are emphasizing that you go for your 2nd dose wherever you got the 1st. Apparently at least their recording system works. Quien sabe?

• Thanks 1

PLEASE STOP POSTING ON ORIGIONALS WITH NO INFO. WE ARE ALL FED UP WITH THE ANGET, BACK ANS FORTH OPTIONS... IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SECOND ROUND OF VACCINES POST. OTHERWISE GO FOR AWALK, WATCH TV OR WHATEVER, JUST STOP THE KINDERGARDEN COMMENTS , OPINIONS AND INSULT

LIFE FOR MANY IS REAL TOUGH RIGHT, SHOW SOME RESPECT.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Guiness said:

PLEASE STOP POSTING ON ORIGIONALS WITH NO INFO. WE ARE ALL FED UP WITH THE ANGET, BACK ANS FORTH OPTIONS... IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SECOND ROUND OF VACCINES POST. OTHERWISE GO FOR AWALK, WATCH TV OR WHATEVER, JUST STOP THE KINDERGARDEN COMMENTS , OPINIONS AND INSULT

I am having trouble translating some of your words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 4:38 PM, Guiness said:

On 4/15/2021 at 11:57 PM, slainte39 said:

I am having trouble translating some of your words.

I'm having trouble translating the anger. Must be 'Real Tough Right'.... right?