Chapala.com Webboard

Difficulty connecting to Google & related sites

cookj5

My wife and I have both experienced difficulty connecting to Goggle and related websites at various times during the day or evening. For example I couldn’t connect around 11:30 pm last night and she couldn’t between 7-10am  this morning. At other times of the day, everything works fine. What is particularly odd is that we can connect with some sites just fine but not others.  No problem with Washington Post or NY Times, but nada with Google.  Anyone else having this problem or knows what’s going on?

59 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

The speed of your internet will not affect the problem, it is a server situation. I use a VPN to take Telmex out of my connectivity as a work-around.

VPN doesn't make any difference. I use Hotspot Shield and my virtual site is somewhere in Southern California. The same problem happens with or without the VPN turned on.

3 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

It has with mine. Try another VPN if you can but speeding your connection won't. Another that you can try is changing your DNS address. That will help if that server is the bottleneck.

When this fails,  we simply unplug our modem, wait about 20 second,  plug it back in and, the sites that previously would not load...load.