Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Health Talk?

Lexy

When I tried to access Chapala Health Talk--which I was told on this forum had up-to-date info is where to get vaccine shots--a link said it was no longer available; it may have been removed.

Anyone know if it's gone for good?

Lexy

I was able to reach it but it has this message. 

This group has been archived

An admin archived this group on March 21, 2021. You can't create posts, like, comment or add more members, but you can still view all posts.
It has up to date info on it.

The moderator was complaining a lot today about all the time it was taking to administer the group. Apparently that led to the decision to shut it down, at least for the moment. The confusion over the vaccine rollout probably had a lot to do with it.

No, Nathasha--I was   trying to find out from Chapala Health Talk where coming up shots were scheduled. 

Today, Sunday, shots were being given in Cristina Park. I went, was helpfully given a chair in the shorter line for people unable to stand for a long time. After a wait,  young guy volunteer comes by, looks at my papers and says my permanent residency copy has to show front and back. He says, sorry, no shot. I waited on chair while my friend goes for the car. Another woman comes up, looks at my papers, says fine, come with me. I can't go now, because friend is on her way back to get me to take us home.

Can anyone tell me what the use is our Gobierno de Mexico issued verification of registration? What a waste of time it was to get it and print it to show if it means nothing at the point where shots are given.  And one person today denying me the shot and five minutes later another person says, fine, come with me. A very miserably frustrating day.

Lexy

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Lexy said:

No, Nathasha--I was   trying to find out from Chapala Health Talk where coming up shots were scheduled. 

Today, Sunday, shots were being given in Cristina Park. I went, was helpfully given a chair in the shorter line for people unable to stand for a long time. After a wait,  young guy volunteer comes by, looks at my papers and says my permanent residency copy has to show front and back. He says, sorry, no shot. I waited on chair while my friend goes for the car. Another woman comes up, looks at my papers, says fine, come with me. I can't go now, because friend is on her way back to get me to take us home.

Can anyone tell me what the use is our Gobierno de Mexico issued verification of registration? What a waste of time it was to get it and print it to show if it means nothing at the point where shots are given.  And one person today denying me the shot and five minutes later another person says, fine, come with me. A very miserably frustrating day.

Lexy

You definitely are in a very, very small minority.  Hundreds of people received their injections just like they were supposed to.

You had an unusual situation but the vast majority is not in your position of condemning the government for what was a very daunting task for all the people there trying to make things work for a once in a lifetime disaster/problem.

My "hat¨s off" to all the government employees and volunteers who got the job done.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...