Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara Pfizer vaccinations - Non Guad. residents accepted ? rejected?

ARIBOY

All the news refer to the Pfizer vaccines  are for Guadalajara  municipality residents only. Vax being given from today (Sat. 3/20)  for a few days till they run out each day.

1)  Any  one knows ( actual experience only please) if they are accepting  residents with a Zapopan address or a lakeside address, anyways?

2)  Also please confirm that indeed it is a Pfizer vaccine (and not Sinovac or one of the others)

although today's start appears to be chaotic, maybe it will settle down a bit  by mid-week.

I just got my first Pfizer-BionNTech Covid-19 vaccine shot 4 hours ago at a local Seattle Hospital.  I got there 20 minutes before I was scheduled, so I got the vaccine shot early. My only symptom so far is feeling light headed. 

What I found strange and funny was that unlike most of us who would call this shot simply a Pfizer vaccine shot, all of the documents called it the Pfizer-BionNTech Covid-19 vaccine shot. :)

6 hours ago, ARIBOY said:

All the news refer to the Pfizer vaccines  are for Guadalajara  municipality residents only. Vax being given from today (Sat. 3/20)  for a few days till they run out each day.

1)  Any  one knows ( actual experience only please) if they are accepting  residents with a Zapopan address or a lakeside address, anyways?

2)  Also please confirm that indeed it is a Pfizer vaccine (and not Sinovac or one of the others)

although today's start appears to be chaotic, maybe it will settle down a bit  by mid-week.

There are several threads over the last few days covering all of this many times over.

15 hours ago, ARIBOY said:

They're repeatedly stressed the vacc's are for Guad   municipality residents only.  Zapopan has not come up in the rotation yet.

Thanks for the comments, however ....

Let me re-post the original question, as it appears that none of the comments are addressing it:  see underlined words.

Any  one knows ( actual experience only please) if they are accepting  residents with a Zapopan address or a lakeside address, anyways?

I know that the published articles say Guad. residents only, but being we are in Mexico, there are other possibilities, hence my inquiry.

Cheers

Well try out it yourself. I don't think that there are too many people willing to wait for hours in line only to be turned away because of address especially when they repeated it over and over they will only vaccinate those from Guadalajara.
But anyway, basically they already ran out. Today they gave numbers to the people who were still in line today to come back tomorrow Monday which are the remaining vaccines they have. Only those with a number will get one of the remaining vaccines. Tomorrow is the last day for this batch which was originally planned for Tuesday but they sped things a bit up. The batch for Zapopan from some reports might arrive next week but nothing sure yet, but I would wait for that one in stead of gambling going to Guadalajara.

6 hours ago, ARIBOY said:

I know that the published articles say Guad. residents only, but being we are in Mexico, there are other possibilities, hence my inquiry.

Translation IMO:  "   I don't care what they say, I want what I want when and where I want it. "     Disrespectful at best..........😒

And ednet94 is correct.  Informador (newspaper) on line confirms only those who received tickets today need bother to show up tomorrow, and there will be none on Tuesday because they have used up the present allotment for Guad municipality.

• Thanks 1

I went this afternoon to Chapala. Left my house at 2:30, finally got into the tent and they had taken everyone's papers and given a receipt with the lot # and date of the vaccine we would be receiving and we were told to keep the paper for when we were called to come back.

Only one hitch, a Doctor then came in and told us that there was no more vaccine.  Such fun.... and everyone around me was from Guadalajara. Oh well, things happen for a reason. However, I can tell you that's the closest quarters and the most time with that many people that I've spent in well over a year. Vamos a ver.

• Sad 1

I posted the above information with the hope that I would get a response from Natasha who was so upset about a few people from here going into Guadalajara to get the vaccination. I certainly can't blame them.

Anyway, I'm going to be picking up a copy of the Guadalajara Reporter today after a friend sent a photo of the article about the Cansino vaccine which is currently being produced in Queretaro. One shot! Yay! Worth waiting for!

• Like 1

Ferret said today: "...posted the above information with the hope that I would get a response from Natasha..."

Sorry Ferret... to Guad this a.m. (NOT for vacc!! 😁) but here we go. I promise I'll try and make this the last on this issue.

1.  It's a national issue but let's keep to Jalisco only, where 125 municipalities  range in population from under 5,000  to  Zapopan 1.45 million, Guad 1.35 millon, and Tonala and Tlaquepaque combined at around 1 million.  Chapala and Joco  in contrast have just over and under 50,000 per.

2. Using  mivacuna registrations for calculating "fair shares", they're trying to get over-60's  done on a pro-rata basis as doses arrive, since this age group is the most susceptible for many different reasons, and in many areas living conditions are crowded and distancing etc. can't happen even if they try to comply.  Another consideration is infection and death rate per 1,000..... and those stats are worst (Jalisco)  in Guad metro area per pop.

3.  I watch Guad news on TV  and read Informador newspaper on line daily. I've seen reporters interview Tonala, Tlaquepaque, and now Guad residents relating their terrible fears re: contracting CoV, especially those who've already lost family members.... husbands, wives,childlren  etc.  I've seen OLD people in chairs or on the ground, swathed in blankets and waiting overnight ( or two.....) to try and get their jab at designated sites. I'm probably older than many,  but haven't had the same tough road they evidence.       

4.  Guad gave out the last of the tickets on the weekend (for today... a whole day earlier than planned for and not a full one at that) and told people "Go home...... Just come back Monday. If you don't have a ticket, DO NOT COME..... there will not be doses for you." 

Yet on live TVnews this a.m. reporters talked to people who came anyway, or remained as they had done in place  24/7--- some since since Friday, in the vain hopes that somehow they might still get a chance.

So yes, I agree the Guad people should not have been in line in Chapala on Sunday any more then Lakesiders should be in lines in any Guad municipalities. But since Guad ended earlier than anyone had imagined, I guess I can kind of understand.  And I still don't see how this excuses lakeside foreigners taking up precious spaces from metropolitan area Mexicans who, in general, are much more in need.

Namaste

• Like 2

Timeline of reasons NOT to take the vaccine:

1. There is no corona virus. It's a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese.

2. There is a virus, but it was perpetrated intentionally by a different Chinese conspiracy and big pharma

3. There is no viable vaccine: it is a conspiracy.

4. There is a viable vaccine, but it is untested and deadly

5. There are other vaccines now, but they are killing people.

6. I won't take the vaccines, because they are unproven.

7. I will take the vaccine, but only the one I want, based on my vast amount of medical knowledge.

6. Only natural-born citizens of the country, whatever country it is, should be allowed to take the vaccine. It's okay that this plan puts me, and all those citizens and expats with whom I come in contact, at risk.

9. I will go to my home state to take the vaccine, but I won't pay for it, because dammit I paid my taxes.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

So one has to assume you are either waiting for your shot until after every single metro area Mexican has been innoculated, or you are going up north to do it.

No, only you assumed that. How is waiting your turn in the area in which you live not understandable? No one is talking about waiting until every single metro area Mexican has been vaxxed- there will be more shots available everywhere, likely, if one is patient.

You seem to only be here to argue with people and draw false conclusions.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Natasha for answering. There is no perfect way for this first level rollout to have been a success because many of those needing to be vaccinated remain unvaccinated. One of the comments that I overheard was from the daughter of an elderly Tapatio gentleman sitting a couple of seats from me (his wife was next to me). She couldn't take him in Guadalajara because it was on days when she was working. The only day she didn't work was Sundays. Food or vaccination. Hard choice.

1) Age 60 and above covers a LOT of people. Too many. And no one was prioritized by any health concerns they had except perhaps mobility.

2) Priority should have been given to those living in a mixed age family. They need the protection far more than those of us living alone. Alone being either completely alone or a lone couple.

3) It was up to those running these vaccination clinics to screen for main residence location and deny or approve access, preferably before joining the end of the line

I can hole up for another year on my own if necessary. Others simply cannot.

I sincerely hope this gets better organized.

p.s. forgot to add: prioritizing doses in certain areas by pre-registration on the MiVacuna site literally gave precedence to those who are computer literate and actually have a computer or cellphone and a curp. That's another pile of people unvaccinated.

• Like 2

Isn't that a giggle. You seem to be here only to harass me.

Why are you answering for Natash, mudgirl? Hmmm?

I'm not answering for anyone else, I answer for myself. And you didn't address that post to Natasha. Your responses here are pointless repetitive arguing and quite juvenile.

• Thanks 1

I most certainly addressed the post to Natasha, hot on the heels of "her" lengthy diatribe. You were answering mistakenly as mudgirl, when you should have been answering as natasha. You have been discovered.

And just because you don't like my answers doesn't grant you natasha/mudgirl the freedom to belittle everything I write.

• Haha 1

I most certainly addressed the post to Natasha, hot on the heels of "her" lengthy diatribe. You were answering mistakenly as mudgirl, when you should have been answering as natasha. You have been discovered.

And just because you don't like my answers doesn't grant you natasha/mudgirl the freedom to belittle everything I write.

When posters are responding to a specific post, they generally quote part of that post to indicate who they are responding to, or at least mention the person's name, so it's clear.

Responding "hot on the heels" of another post doesn't indicate you are responding to that post because someone else can submit a post while you are composing yours, that will appear between the two.

I know you think you're quite clever, but I can assure you that Natasha and I are not one and the same person. And if you were all that clever, you would look at our profiles and see that Natasha has been a forum member since 2011, I have since 2013, and I see you just joined in Oct.2020. Unless you got banned and came back as a newbie.

And I don't respond at all to "everything you write"- I've hardly ever responded to your endless pointless posts until the last couple days.