Chapala.com Webboard

A question about Sinovac

cedros

28 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Mine has my name and my CURP. 

Amazing that is how it should be. Mine has neither. Maybe they give you one with name and CURP after the second vaccination and charge you for it.

4 hours ago, Natasha said:

Mine has my name and my CURP. 

Where was your vaccine done? At least 5 of us that had it done at El Chante got a receipt withour our name or CURP on it. 

1 hour ago, cedros said:

Where was your vaccine done? At least 5 of us that had it done at El Chante got a recepit withour our name or CURP on it. 

And a couple who live in British Columbia and got first and second Pfizer vacines report their receipt does not have their names on them or any other identification.

14 minutes ago, johanson said:

In Seattle just south of BC, my first Vaccine shot report sheet, shows the type of vaccine, expiration date and date administered. 

Mine from El Chante also has the first and third that your does but is your name or any ID on it?

Yes, I had to fill in the ID, showing my name and date of birth. When I turned in this card, they asked to check my ID. (Which happened to be my local drivers license).  Later, after I received my shot, they gave me my card back now with a sticker on it showing the type of Vaccine, the date I received it, and the vaccine Lot #.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, johanson said:

Yes, I had to fill in the ID, showing my name and date of birth. When I turned in this card, they asked to check my ID. (Which happened to be my local drivers license).  Later, after I received my shot, they gave me my card back now with a sticker on it showing the type of Vaccine, the date I received it, and the vaccine Lot #.

We did not have that procedure at El Chante. We filled out our ID on a form but they never gave it back. They gave us a different form back without our names or any other ID-just with vaccine name and the date for our second vaccine.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

But Pete, you're 2500 miles away in another country. How is this relevant to Cedros' problem? 

You are too funny, RickS. You should read the posts before asking questions. But to help you out, Cedros asked the following question: (after my previous comment).

Mine from El Chante also has the first and third that your does but is your name or any ID on it?

And I answered. Sorry about that :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, johanson said:

You are too funny, RickS. You should read the posts before asking questions. But to help you out, Cedros asked the following question: (after my previous comment).

And I answered. Sorry about that :)  

Yes,  and how will knowing what you received in Seattle respond to or help answer Cedros’ question about what happened to him lakeside? 

• Thanks 2

We received our shots on Wednesday in Ajijic.  After the injections, at the desk where we surrendered our documents and provided additional contact information, we did not receive a receipt of any kind.  Nor did we see any others receive a document to take away.  We were not told what vaccine we had received.  Earlier in the day, from the gossip throughout the crowd, it was concluded that we were to receive the Sinovac vaccine.  As for information about our second shot, the person taking our documents said that it would not be very likely that we would actually receive a telephone call or email advising of the date and time.  She, (polite Gringa, speaking perfect English) asked if we had received an actual notification regarding our initial shot.  I told her that we had not and she politely responded saying:  "For that reason, you should just continue to keep abreast of local information and pay attention to the various web-forums where most information for Expats is obtained."  

On leaving the injection site we realized that we hadn't received any written proof that we had actually been there, nor did we have any proof of what vaccine we had received.   However, it was such a long and totally confusing day that we were simply relieved that it was finally over.  We left the site at just before 4:00pm and had arrived that morning at 5:30am.

From what we read since, we should have waited until Thursday or Friday and gone to either Tonala or Chapala.  Who knew????  Advance, specific and believable advice would have been wonderful!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Carnivore said:

We received our shots on Wednesday in Ajijic.  After the injections, at the desk where we surrendered our documents and provided additional contact information, we did not receive a receipt of any kind.  Nor did we see any others receive a document to take away.  We were not told what vaccine we had received.  Earlier in the day, from the gossip throughout the crowd, it was concluded that we were to receive the Sinovac vaccine.  As for information about our second shot, the person taking our documents said that it would not be very likely that we would actually receive a telephone call or email advising of the date and time.  She, (polite Gringa, speaking perfect English) asked if we had received an actual notification regarding our initial shot.  I told her that we had not and she politely responded saying:  "For that reason, you should just continue to keep abreast of local information and pay attention to the various web-forums where most information for Expats is obtained."  

On leaving the injection site we realized that we hadn't received any written proof that we had actually been there, nor did we have any proof of what vaccine we had received.   However, it was such a long and totally confusing day that we were simply relieved that it was finally over.  We left the site at just before 4:00pm and had arrived that morning at 5:30am.

From what we read since, we should have waited until Thursday or Friday and gone to either Tonala or Chapala.  Who knew????  Advance, specific and believable advice would have been wonderful!!!!

The same happened at El Chante Wednesday-totla confusion

17 hours ago, johanson said:

They checked your ID because they couldn't believe how old you are 😮😮😮😮

• Haha 1