Chapala.com Webboard

Car lines for vaccine?

Lexy

How can we  learn where there is a car line available in the area to wait in for a vaccine shot?  I'm not physically able to stand in a line for hours and there must be many others at Lakeside with the same problem. 

In fact, are there advance notices somewhere  about where and when shots are available? I think I've been in self-seclusion so long I got used to not knowing what's up.  But now I have a need to know.

Thanks for any useful guidance. . .

Lexy

Locally, we've had no car-line system for vaccinations--all have been walk-up at the designated locations. There's some 800 vaccines left in the Lakeside allotment; these will be distributed to the remaining (60+ years) eligible people starting at 8 am MONDAY at the Ajijic malecón.  

You need to turn in copies of three documents during registration: the federal registration comprobante (mivacuna.salud.gob.mx), CURP, and front/back of temporal/permanente/INE. While you gather these copies, you might as well make another set to have ready for the second dose, in approx 28 days. Notification of dates and locations will appear on official social media.

I'm with you Lexy. I twisted my knee again (old injury from hiking, snowshoeing, falling on ice...) so getting up, walking a few feet and sitting down will hurt. Neither my husband or I have the stamina to stand for several hours. We are being patient and hoping the situation improves.

1 hour ago, jrod said:

Locally, we've had no car-line system for vaccinations--all have been walk-up at the designated locations. There's some 800 vaccines left in the Lakeside allotment; these will be distributed to the remaining (60+ years) eligible people starting at 8 am at the Ajijic malecón.  

You need to turn in copies of three documents during registration: the federal registration comprobante (mivacuna.salud.gob.mx), CURP, and front/back of temporal/permanente/INE. While you gather these copies, you might as well make another set to have ready for the second dose, in approx 28 days. Notification of dates and locations will appear on official social media.

8 am on what day?

Cars with a disabled person were allowed special access at El Chante. The person to be vaccinated did not have to get out of the car. I would imagine they would do it at all the locations.

• Thanks 1

Certainly anyone in a wheelchair in Chapala was granted almost immediate access inside the park. However, they still had to wait. But no way to tell if they got other preferential treatment. I would hope so, but I don't know.

Also, a guard on the street was helping the disabled disembark from vehicles.

32 minutes ago, Sea said:

Was there seating and shade in Ajijic or was that only in Chapala? I guess I need to know if there is any relief from standing for hours at Ajijic.

Most of the wait time in Ajijic is spent standing on line on the water-side of the malecón. A number of people took their own folding chairs; some locals had parasols to shade them from the sun--both of which help. Once you get close (about an hour from the end of the process) to the vaccination tents that accommodate 50 people each, you are shaded. As one groups gets vaccinated and does their 30-minute post-shot wait and final registration paperwork, the other group gets vaccinated.

There are at most 800 shots remaining, but in my experiences this week and unless more volunteers are relocated to Ajijic to speed the process, that's still several hours of waiting. This week, many people arrived hours before the posted 8 am start time to get a spot, and the cooler morning air was more pleasant than the mid-afternoon sun. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, elevator said:

I posted all the info you need to get vaccine in your car in Tonala. Check posts below.

According to the Secretaría de Salud and posted on 19 March, the Tonalá event is over.

Concluye vacunación en Tonalá con 100% de vacunas contra COVID-19 aplicadas en adultos mayores

jalisco_se_defiende-06_19.png?itok=qZZQR
Se aplicaron 40,948 dosis y solo dos fueron desechadas, la mejor productividad alcanzada en estas jornadas de vacunación. En diez municipios del Estado de Jalisco, se rebasa el 70% en la aplicación de vacunas asignadas.

Este jueves concluyó la vacunación contra COVID-19 para adultos mayores en...

1 hour ago, elevator said:

I posted all the info you need to get vaccine in your car in Tonala. Check posts below.

1 hour ago, jrod said:

According to the Secretaría de Salud and posted on 19 March, the Tonalá event is over.

Not to mention the fact that while some people DID cross municipality lines it had been  specifically requested NOT to do so.  Dose allotments are made according the number of people registered in each area, so those selfish ones who ignored the request got a vaccine at a Tonala resident's expense.  Shame on you!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jrod said:

Most of the wait time in Ajijic is spent standing on line on the water-side of the malecón. A number of people took their own folding chairs; some locals had parasols to shade them from the sun--both of which help. Once you get close (about an hour from the end of the process) to the vaccination tents that accommodate 50 people each, you are shaded. As one groups gets vaccinated and does their 30-minute post-shot wait and final registration paperwork, the other group gets vaccinated.

There are at most 800 shots remaining, but in my experiences this week and unless more volunteers are relocated to Ajijic to speed the process, that's still several hours of waiting. This week, many people arrived hours before the posted 8 am start time to get a spot, and the cooler morning air was more pleasant than the mid-afternoon sun. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to spell this out. It still sounds too much for me at the present.

I know other people have thanked you for spearheading getting all this good information for us - I add my voice to theirs!

• Like 1

I like ‘ Chapala Health Talk ‘on FB for current, accurate, comprehensive & neutral local Covid-related info as soon as it is available and confirmed.  I appreciate that some people are reluctant  to use FB —and I appreciate  the reasons- but like it or not that’s largely  how & where the information you’re looking for is communicated to the general public 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Natasha said:

Not to mention the fact that while some people DID cross municipality lines it had been  specifically requested NOT to do so.  Dose allotments are made according the number of people registered in each area, so those selfish ones who ignored the request got a vaccine at a Tonala resident's expense.  Shame on you!

Natasha, some Jalisco vaccination locations initially publicized residency requirements, yet lifted or modified them towards the end of their campaigns. Other municipalities from their first day actively invited seniors from any municipalities to be vaccinated at their site to encourage locals who were hesitant about vaccination to follow the example, and so they would not have to return unused vaccines. The public health coordinator for IMSS, Silvia Valencia Espinosa, in late February said that wherever one can get the vaccine is where one should get it. 

Here's the headline and story from El Informador:  https://www.informador.mx/jalisco/COVID-19-acuna-a-adultos-mayores-sin-importar-residencia-20210228-0014.html

COVID-19: Vacuna a adultos mayores, sin importar residencia

Los tapatíos pueden acudir a otros municipios de Jalisco para recibir su dosis; sólo deben presentar la credencial del INE y su CURP

Even Lakeside vaccine sites, during their vaccine clinics this week, relaxed initial requirements and provided vaccines to people who are from out of the area, had not previously registered on the site, are on tourist visas, or had incomplete documentation. This was authorized by the people in charge of the vaccine events, often at locations that had weak initial attendance.

Now that the vaccine arrivals to Mexico are more frequent and greater in number, hopefully this will become a non-issue.

8 hours ago, Natasha said:

Ridiculous. Authorities in Chapala specifically announced Wednesday that anyone slated for Ajijic and Joco were welcome to come to Chapla. Most likely to ease the strain in Ajijic. Shame on who?

9 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Ridiculous. Authorities in Chapala specifically announced Wednesday that anyone slated for Ajijic and Joco were welcome to come to Chapla. Most likely to ease the strain in Ajijic. I see jrod just posted more detailed information about this. Shame on who? No need to be so quick to judge.

I'm well aware the locals HERE allowed us to go to Chapala (after the first days) even if our original destino was to be Ajijic (as in my specific case). I only went to Chapala once they said we could cross lines. 

Go back and pay attention to what I said. I specifically referred to those from Lakeside who went into Tonala (or Tlaquepaque).... and I stand by my comment relative to them. Attention span problem?

Hey Natasha,

you should keep your sanctimonious blatherings to yourself when you don't know what you are talking about. We heard from friends about the vaccines in Tonala mid-afternoon. No mention of any restrictions as they are from Ajijic. We really had no time, or place to get info about this since it was due to stop that evening. We decided it was worth a try and took off. The volunteers at the site had our information and not one of them said being from Chapala was a problem. If they had, we would have left. A far as I know nobody that was in the line was turned away. Jealousy is not a good look.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Natasha said:

I'm well aware the locals HERE allowed us to go to Chapala (after the first days) even if our original destino was to be Ajijic (as in my specific case). I only went to Chapala once they said we could cross lines. 

Go back and pay attention to what I said. I specifically referred to those from Lakeside who went into Tonala (or Tlaquepaque).... and I stand by my comment relative to them. Attention span problem?

Okay, after your loving insult, I reread your post, and you said nothing of the sort. Here's your post. And guess what? You don't have to be so insulting, do you. No, you don't.

We were talking about Ajijic, San Antonio, and Riberas. And that is not crossing municipal lines. Yet you chose to dump on some perceived group of people that apparently annoyed you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

We were talking about Ajijic, San Antonio, and Riberas. And that is not crossing municipal lines. Yet you chose to dump on some perceived group of people that apparently annoyed you.

Actually the thread was talking about going into one of the 'burbs of Guadalajara or Guad itself. I don't believe there was ever an issue about going anywhere inside Chapala municipal.