Chapala.com Webboard

Vacc in Chapala Today (Friday)

Don't know how Chapala managed to obtain 8,000 extra doses, to be applied to all comers, when it should have been over yesterday. At first, decided  "nah, I have a list for today, I can wait".  Then around 9 am decided to dress, run over there, and if another zoo, could consider it a nice outing and head straight back home. Out of garage in San Antonio no earlier than 9:15.

After finding parking place (fair distance) , bum in seat (middle section of the last outside tent) at 9:38. People circulating to check  right docs, and if not sending them to another line where all could be rectified. I had mine.  Water,   lonches and fruit being handed out(breakfast time for Mexicans). Soon a whole group were taken inside the park. People moved forward.  One group later and we moved up to front, where seats were now 5 wide instead of 7 or 8. Was  soon obvious.... 100 being taken inside at a time. My row was 19 😁

Two tents set up. One full of people, the other for us (apparently recently vacated).  A horde of young adults came thru' to fill out forms needed AND Part One of the form one will need to get SECOND dose.  Shortly after, a brigade of   medical people came thru, shots in arms rapidly down all rows (mine at 11:57 am).  That only left the 30 min. wait for reactions. Then doctor asked if all OK? Gave a few instructions, and out we filed. Back at my car at 12:38 pm .  AMAZING!!!

Not only that, we were informed phone call to come in 25-30 days for next does to be given at same location as first one.

YAY and a huge thumbs up for organizers in Chapala!!

(Admittedly when I left, the wait line was almost down to the Cruz Roja so no idea how long that will take.....

• Like 2

A friend and I had the same experience.  We were in and out in just over three hours total.  It's important to keep a tight hold on the comprobante document that was given to everyone.   It contains all the information on the shot given and is necessary for the second shot.  This paper will be your evidence of  having  been vaccinated for travel and other purposes.

Chapala did a great job today.  They will be vaccinating in Ajijic on Monday we were told.

52 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

It contains all the information on the shot given and is necessary for the second shot.  This paper will be your evidence of  having  been vaccinated for travel and other purposes.

Everything I've read about vaccine passports is that countries plan to only accept them for vaccines approved in their country by their version of the FDA.  

12 hours ago, Natasha said:

After finding parking place (fair distance) , bum in seat (middle section of the last outside tent) at 9:38. People circulating to check  right docs, and if not sending them to another line where all could be rectified. I had mine.  Water,   lonches and fruit being handed out(breakfast time for Mexicans). Soon a whole group were taken inside the park. People moved forward.  One group later and we moved up to front, where seats were now 5 wide instead of 7 or 8. Was  soon obvious.... 100 being taken inside at a time. My row was 19 😁

What were the "right docs" needed?

17 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Everything I've read about vaccine passports is that countries plan to only accept them for vaccines approved in their country by their version of the FDA.  

Not quite true, every country varies. Canada is not accepting ANY proof of vaccination. It is simply too early in the vaccination process, and governments tend to move slowly. It is always safer to get your information direct from source. It can prevent a lot of confusion. Here are Canada's Guidelines at this link, an excerpt follows. To find the rules for your own country, just Google "Covid travel restrictions for ...." (add your country name).

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

EXCERPT

Pre-entry test requirements

All travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result. You don't require a test to fly within Canada.

At this time, proof of having a vaccine does not replace a valid test result.

You must:

take the test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada if you have a connecting flight:

the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada

you may need to schedule the test in your transit city

provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test

keep proof of your test results for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada

Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

These tests are considered acceptable molecular tests:

Exempt from pre-arrival testing for travellers arriving by land

• PCR - Polymerase chain reaction
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
  • Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
  • Isothermal amplification
  • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
  • RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
  • Ct (cycle threshold)
  • CRISPR
  • Sequencing
  • Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole genome sequencing (WGS)
  • Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
  • Detection of the N gene
  • Detection of Orf1a/b
  • Detection of the S gene
  • Detection of the E gene
  • Detection of the RdRp gene

These tests use methods such as a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab, nose swab, or saliva sample. At this time, proof of having a vaccine will not replace a negative test result.

NOTE: ALWAYS CHECK FOR CHANGES TO THESE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE YOU TRAVEL. THIS IS A DYNAMIC SITUATION SO THE RULES WILL CHANGE AS THE VACCINATION PROCESS PROGRESSES.

@Semalu  Discussion was about FUTURE vaccine passports, based on news reports.  

EU is working on one now for member nations.  

https://www.axios.com/eu-vaccine-passports-covid-95eb3de1-bc1a-4909-883e-a0e9725173ed.html

The European Commission suggests that those who’ve had an EU-approved vaccine be free to cross borders without any quarantine requirements.

https://apnews.com/article/world-news-public-health-europe-budapest-coronavirus-pandemic-c7fd30907bd40c059b117d5730007769

Considering that Hungary, as an EU country, is now administering a Chinese vaccine, I think we can stop speculating about whether the EU will prohibit an individual vaccinated by a Chinese vaccine from entering.  

• Like 3

The EU hasn't released the final recommendation, but this is from two days ago.  They seem willing to allow individual countries to accept non-EU approved vax.  As in, France can decide not to accept Chinese/Russian, but Hungary can decide to accept it.  

https://www.axios.com/eu-vaccine-passports-covid-95eb3de1-bc1a-4909-883e-a0e9725173ed.html

Some EU members, including Hungary, are using Chinese or Russian vaccines, which won’t automatically be covered by the passport.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

This info aside, the post was NOT about the vaccine passport debate, but only about how Chapala handled things on Friday.  If you want to have that doonybrook - provoking  discussion why not do it under its own topic?

16 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Most of us can walk and chew gum at the same time.  Someone posted that having the vaccine could be needed for travel.  Threads often go off in other directions.  

Yes they do.... and often lose the original intent in the process.  Hence the request.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:37 PM, Natasha said:

This info aside, the post was NOT about the vaccine passport debate, but only about how Chapala handled things on Friday.  If you want to have that doonybrook - provoking  discussion why not do it under its own topic?

I understand there are two mod positions open. Suggest you try out for one.

• Haha 1