Chapala.com Webboard

NEXT 9 GUADALAJARA VACCINE SITES START THIS WEEKEND, ALPHA ORDER SUSPENDED

jrod

Although the actual weekend start date (either Friday or Saturday) is yet to be determined, the next municipalities/neighborhoods of Guadalajara to vaccinate residents age 60+ will be in alpha order by (paternal/first) last name, by day, for seven days.

As reported by the media this afternoon (Alfaro has not confirmed), Day 1 will be apellido paterno starting with the initials A or B, Day 2 is C, D, E, and so on, thru Day 7. Physical locations for the nine vaccination sites are as yet unpublished. ALPHA ORDER SUSPENDED.

In bold print authorities say these vaccines are for residents of the corresponding neighborhoods only.

So, if you were thinking of heading to La Perla Tapatía for your shot, rather than getting your shot here tomorrow or Thursday, that might be difficult.

What a concept!  I could have suggested that as soon as it was evident the "we'll phone you" protocol was a dead horse. Guad news this a.m. gave specific letter groups for each of the 7 days.  Some days have more letters than others...... so they DO have computer geeks who can sort the registrations by appelido paterno/ numbers of people per letter and assign days accordingly.

Would that not work for ALL areas?  (Lesser days in lower pops. could have letters grouped in bigger bunches, but still sorted by concentration per letter.) 

Jrod you seem to have a pipeline to someone..... who maybe has a pipeline to another.... and so on, like it always is in Mexico.  Maybe that suggestion could be passed along? 🙏

I've been told that the government is not completely responsible for the organization of these events.  There is a group called Servants of the Nation who are organizing the setup & execution of the vaccine program.  In Ajijic yesterday, I did see several people with badges or jackets with this name. I presume this decision was made at a higher level

8 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Someone posted this on FB a few minutes ago....absolutely no excuse for the vax not delivered THREE hours after opening time on the second day.

This is not true, the vacs arrived between 8:30 and 9 on March 17 in Ajijic, and we had our jabs around 9:15, home an hour later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

I've been told that the government is not completely responsible for the organization of these events.  There is a group called Servants of the Nation who are organizing the setup & execution of the vaccine program.  In Ajijic yesterday, I did see several people with badges or jackets with this name. I presume this decision was made at a higher level

I would suspect they are simply hired for the job, as it is so sweeping. One would hope they would know more than a municipal government.

1 hour ago, ajijicbound said:

This is not true, the vacs arrived between 8:30 and 9 on March 17 in Ajijic, and we had our jabs around 9:15, home an hour later.

Can you clarify.....was this your first attempt at vax, or were you in the group that stood in line until vax ran out yesterday and given priority today?? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ajijicbound said:

We were in the group that had to return today and got priority. We were there when the military arrived and already seated under the tent.

So you waited yesterday for how many hours before they ran out vax.....8, 10, more?  Why didn't you mention that when you said you were in and out today in an hour.  Rather misleading.   

So perhaps all accounts are correct... i.e., you were vaxed quickly today because you already waited for nothing for 8+ hours yesterday.  And the live FaceBook reports from persons in line for the first time today who are still waiting since 6am, equally correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jrod said:

Although the actual weekend start date (either Friday or Saturday) is yet to be determined, the next municipalities/neighborhoods of Guadalajara to vaccinate residents age 60+ will be in alpha order by (paternal/first) last name, by day, for seven days.

As reported by the media this afternoon (Alfaro has not confirmed), Day 1 will be apellido paterno starting with the initials A or B, Day 2 is C, D, E, and so on, thru Day 7. Physical locations for the nine vaccination sites are as yet unpublished.

In bold print authorities say these vaccines are for residents of the corresponding neighborhoods only.

So, if you were thinking of heading to La Perla Tapatía for your shot, rather than getting your shot here tomorrow or Thursday, that might be difficult.

appointed day by apellido paterno  means you don't go when your spouse does but rather with your sister or brother, doesn't it?

16 minutes ago, geeser said:

appointed day by apellido paterno  means you don't go when your spouse does but rather with your sister or brother, doesn't it?

Seeing as how most foreigners do not have an appellido materno, if you and your spouse have the same last name on your official documents you'd go on the same day.

31 minutes ago, geeser said:

If you're Mexican (does not include naturalized) yes.  MOST married  foreigners will slip by this unless the woman's legal name on I.D: isn't the same the man.  And then there are gay couples with obvious answer unless one assumed the other's surname.

Wait for it...... wait for it....... NO!  According to Informador on-line newspaper from Guad, there will be NO ALPHABETICAL  lineups on   given days.

Of course  not.... made absolutely too much sense!!!!!      Stay tuned.......... tomorrow is another day 😒

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

Wait for it...... wait for it....... NO!  According to Informador on-line newspaper from Guad, there will be NO ALPHABETICAL  lineups on   given days.

Of course  not.... made absolutely too much sense!!!!!      Stay tuned.......... tomorrow is another day 😒

I'm now seeing that criteria removed as well but it doesn't start till the 20th so we have plenty of time for more updates.

Es importante recalcar que la aplicación del biológico para adultos mayores NO se realizará en orden alfabético por letra del apellido.

8 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

So you waited yesterday for how many hours before they ran out vax.....8, 10, more?  Why didn't you mention that when you said you were in and out today in an hour.  Rather misleading.   

So perhaps all accounts are correct... i.e., you were vaxed quickly today because you already waited for nothing for 8+ hours yesterday.  And the live FaceBook reports from persons in line for the first time today who are still waiting since 6am, equally correct.

Not exactly....I didn´t go near the place on Tuesday but was vaccinated by 11AM today as well as several other people I know who weren´t there on Tues. either.

• jrod changed the title to NEXT 9 GUADALAJARA VACCINE SITES START THIS WEEKEND, ALPHA ORDER SUSPENDED

Slainte39.  I am glad you all posted your experiences. Learning from it, I set my appointment for !4:45 Saturday afternoon for my shot, rather than standing in line, all day.. I will report back to you and the forum, to let you know how long I had to wait for my first shot on Saturday.

EDIT:  Sorry, I am in Seattle, I was just teasing my friend Slainte39 and should have sent him a private message and not posted this publicly. I guess I was simply suggesting that scheduling by time of day works a lot better for us old folk who would have a hard time standing in line all day

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, johanson said:

Slainte39.  I am glad you all posted your experiences. Learning from it, I set my appointment for !4:45 Saturday afternoon for my shot, rather than standing in line, all day.. I will report back to you and the forum, to let you know how long I had to wait for my first shot on Saturday.

But Pete.... aren't you still in Washington State?  So how is this of any use to the situation HERE?   Especially since we don't have the privilege of getting appointments. Just askin'

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johanson said:

Where are you  up north or MX?

Sorry, Yes I am in Seattle and after Slainte39 was so helpful explaining how the various lakeside sites were distributing vaccine shots, I wanted him to know of what I thought/think is a more friendly method to distribute vaccine shots especially for us elderly folks that they might try lakeside.  And knowing Slainte39, I thought he might pass this method of distribution on to some of his politically connected friends.

16 hours ago, johanson said:

EDIT:  Sorry, I am in Seattle, I was just teasing my friend Slainte39 and should have sent him a private message and not posted this publicly. I guess I was simply suggesting that scheduling by time of day works a lot better for us old folk who would have a hard time standing in line all day

Of COURSE it would Peter..... but we here in the sunny south don't have that wonderful option.