Chapala.com Webboard

Did you get Vacc in AJIJIC Wednesday 17th?

After learning of the LONG hours people, even if arriving really early, spent today (Tuesday) I'd really appreciate some feedback.

My very elderly Mexican neighbour wants me to take him (and me as well)  on Thursday 18th.  But if wait times are what they have been reported for Tuesday from arrival to departure, he's  too frail to tolerate the hours (and too proud to ask for in-home shot). So before we make Thursday plans  a little knowledge would be a great thing.... the more the better.

If still bad we can always wait until another round.   Gracias!

The first round anywhere has been chaotic. Then things smooth out and get much better. Thursday should be better than today but will it be better enough? Hopefully someone else will have more information. Best of luck and bless you for helping your neighbor.

From what I've been tracking, and have experienced, average wait times throughout the state at vaccination locations are fairly similar-- about 6-8 hours, soup to nuts. People arriving around 6 am were fully complete around noon-1:00 pm.

Thanks to everyone who phoned, emailed, texted, their updates. Congratulations to all!

I  arrived at 7:15, home (a block away at 3:45)  The earliest arrival, a woman at 4 with chair and blanket.  Others arriving at 5:30.  By my arrival at least several hundred in line. Wear a hat, bring water,  although folks are circulating with free water on a  regular basis.  Also several smaller restaurants circulating with ready made food or taking orders. Some walking up to OXXO  with another holding place in line to return food, beverages, etc.

Obviously some had made arrangements for those in wheel chairs or otherwise needing help walking and some were in far worse shape that an 80 year old.  I would suggest a msg to Hector for your neighbor. 

Could a few  things have been done differently, i suppose so, but it more or less worked. And as someone as mentioned elsewhere, there certainly was toilet paper so maybe someone ran out for more.

More info:' Vaccine arrived at 10:24 via military who were there the entire time period along with policia, ambulance and others.

On 3/16/2021 at 5:35 PM, Natasha said:

After learning of the LONG hours people, even if arriving really early, spent today (Tuesday) I'd really appreciate some feedback.

My very elderly Mexican neighbour wants me to take him (and me as well)  on Thursday 18th.  But if wait times are what they have been reported for Tuesday from arrival to departure, he's  too frail to tolerate the hours (and too proud to ask for in-home shot). So before we make Thursday plans  a little knowledge would be a great thing.... the more the better.

If still bad we can always wait until another round.   Gracias!

I posted a full review of what happened to me today in Ajijic on TOB.

I wish to question this Mexican thing of "showing up early" so you don't have to wait.   Hah!!!  If everyone shows up early (like at Telmex or IMSS back in the old days) then everyone still has to wait a long time.  It has always worked better for me to show up late and just walk in.  But this case may be very different.

I didn't even find out about today's vaxx scheduling until I left the house almost 5:00 and walked around the corner and saw an Amiga Mexicana who told me about it, so I ran home and got my papers and went down there and stood in line - on a perfectly gorgeous day by the lake!  Anyway, I was there about 10 minutes when a senyorita with a clipboard and pen showed up and started making a list of names - from the back forward!!  I was #3 on the list.  So far so good, but I was told come back at 7... with the rest of the crowd...  etc.  Vamos a ver!  I'm usually not up at that hour.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ezpz said:

I wish to question this Mexican thing of "showing up early" so you don't have to wait.   Hah!!!  If everyone shows up early (like at Telmex or IMSS back in the old days) then everyone still has to wait a long time.  It has always worked better for me to show up late and just walk in.  But this case may be very different.

Haha, that's always been my m.o., too. Back in the day when I had to go renew my FM3 every year, all the other gringos I knew would show up at INM at 8 am (when I'm still snug in bed), take a number and wait for hours. I used to show up half an hour before closing time, when almost everyone had been dealt with and left, and walk right in and usually right up to the counter.

But yes, since people are lining up for the vacs all day, only to be told to come back tomorrow when they close for the evening, this situation is a little different.