Chapala.com Webboard

LOCAL VACCINE UPDATE FOR TUESDAY, MAR 16. DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR 2ND DOSE CONFIRMATION

jrod

DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR SECOND-SHOT CONFIRMATION. This is REQUIRED FOR YOUR SECOND DOSE. (It's a separate line, after the post-vaccination wait period.)

They are telling people to abstain from alcohol before and after your Covid-19. Although this may be wise health advice and I am no doctor, this advice has been debunked medically by several sources. Here’s one source: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-alcohol-may-affect-your-response-to-the-covid-19-vaccine

CHAPALA:  The interim presidente municipal just now live streamed that they've reached today's limit in Chapala and that tomorrow, the Chapala location switches to a more-comfortable Parque de la Cristianía, same 8-4 time. He reiterates there are sufficient doses to vaccinate all seniors; any doses remaining at close of business on Thursday will be administered on Friday.

AJIJIC: At the Ajijic location on the malecón, some people are reporting that it is pretty cool, what with the breeze, foliage, and tents. And bring TP; the bathrooms are not charging, but no paper.
  • Thanks 3

• jrod changed the title to LOCAL VACCINE UPDATE FOR TUESDAY, MAR 16. DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR 2ND DOSE CONFIRMATION

At the Joco Hospital you get in a line outside the hospital compound to get your papers checked and to get a number to go inside the hospital compound and get in the line for the vaccine.

1 hour ago, jrod said:

CHAPALA:  The interim presidente municipal just now live streamed that they've reached today's limit in Chapala a

Does this suggest they will take the ones who missed out today but already had a ficha and let them be in front of the line tomorrow, or???

Didn't even try for Ajijic today, but planning ahead.......

17 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Does this suggest they will take the ones who missed out today but already had a ficha and let them be in front of the line tomorrow, or???

I just reached out to ask the Chapala gov't for you; I'll post if the interim presidente municipal responds...sometimes he does. 

1 hour ago, jrod said:

I just reached out to ask the Chapala gov't for you; I'll post if the interim presidente municipal responds...sometimes he does. 

VERY kind of you Jrod.  Ajijic is my designated location, but after reading how long it took even the earliest arrivals there today, will not be going  tomorrow either. Thursday will depend on tomorrow's reports.  If I have to wait, I'm fine with continuing to isolate and socially distance etc.

• Thanks 3

We are required to do a second line to sign up for the follow-up? That's atrocious. It should be automatic. But no, you wait a half hour to make sure you don't collapse, then you get into another line (after waiting all day already) to sign up, so you can come back and get in yet another ridiculously long line in a few week's time.

Must be the same organizers that planned the WalMart traffic lights.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

Chapala has posted that tomorrow only those who were there today and have a number will be vaccinated tomorrow. If you weren’t there today and have no number don’t bother. Nothing said about Thursday

There was no information given about signing up for a second dose in Chapala today. We were told that we will be called with date. No paperwork was given after the shots were given and 30 minute rest was finished.

18 hours ago, jrod said:
DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR SECOND-SHOT CONFIRMATION. This is REQUIRED FOR YOUR SECOND DOSE. (It's a separate line, after the post-vaccination wait period.)

They are telling people to abstain from alcohol before and after your Covid-19. Although this may be wise health advice and I am no doctor, this advice has been debunked medically by several sources. Here’s one source: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-alcohol-may-affect-your-response-to-the-covid-19-vaccine

CHAPALA:  The interim presidente municipal just now live streamed that they've reached today's limit in Chapala and that tomorrow, the Chapala location switches to a more-comfortable Parque de la Cristianía, same 8-4 time. He reiterates there are sufficient doses to vaccinate all seniors; any doses remaining at close of business on Thursday will be administered on Friday.

AJIJIC: At the Ajijic location on the malecón, some people are reporting that it is pretty cool, what with the breeze, foliage, and tents. And bring TP; the bathrooms are not charging, but no paper.

Don't know who told you there was a second line but we were just led to the exit when we had finished. There was no sign of,  nor were we told about signing up for the second Sinovac shot.

30 minutes ago, Alfa said:

Don't know who told you there was a second line but we were just led to the exit when we had finished. There was no sign of,  nor were we told about signing up for the second Sinovac shot.

In one of the tents there is a final line in which you sign up via phone/email to get notified for your second shot.

A friend of mine also left without completing this final step; she went back and was glad she did.

Here is an excerpt from a public post about the post-injection part of the vaccination process. Perhaps you completed this step and didn't realize what it is for?

"After you get the vaccine you will be asked to remain on your chair for 30 minutes.
Then you will be asked to go to the tables section to provide the copies of your documents and personal information to contact you around 28 days for you 2nd vaccine."

My friend and I arrived at the Malecon yesterday at 7:15 AM.  The line was on the malecon and it stretched from the entire length.  They took us in bunches of 200.  We were each given a numbered slip.  My friend and I were given 191 and 192.  Because  they had to set everything up (hundreds of chairs and awnings) the first couple of hours were occupied with that.  The first two hundred made up of  smaller groups were moved from the malecon towards the trees and shade.  There we waited.  We did not know that there was no vaccine --it had been delayed.  They check your forms multiple times.  The three that were required were the official registration form, your CURP form, and you Permanente.  YOU ABSOULUTELY MUST HAVE COPIES OF THESE FORMS.  Fortunately, for a large number of people there was a place where they could have copies made.  They did not want to see your telephone or electric bill.  You slowly move through to the area where you receive the vaccination. You are seated and they come to you.  Afterwards, you remain seated for 30 minutes and then you in a line to the registration area.  You are always directed as a group where to move.  If people do not listen, and decide to go it alone they may miss the final step.  Stay with the people you have been in line with. 

The last step is the registration where they actually take your forms.  You are also asked questions about your health.  You might want to have your telephone numbers and email address on a separate piece of paper.  I gave them my card with my info. and this simplifies things.  They person taking your information fills out two documents.  One of these has the name of the vaccine and lot number information.  We were led to believe through previous information that we would be given this form along with a date for you second vaccination.  Sadly not true.  We were not given anything.  I have no proof that I have received my first vaccination.  I was told, after asking that I would be called in three or four weeks with the information for my second shot.  From 8 am the above took 6 1/2 hours plus the 45 minutes we spent in line before 8 AM.  

Except for the delay because of the vaccine arriving late.  I thought it was very efficient.  Free water was available and passed out.  The location at the malecon was excellent.

• Thanks 1

We arrived at the Ajijic site at 5:40am today (Wednesday the 17th) and although at that hour there were not a great number of people, it soon became known that approx. 300 people yesterday did not receive the vaccine and they would be arriving prior to 8:00a.m. The supposed reason?  The hot afternoon weather provided a concern that the vaccine's effectiveness might be compromised.  The names of these people were taken and they were told that if they returned this morning at 8am they would be given priorty.  That's exactly what happened except that no vaccines were available until just after 9:00a.m.  It took until almost noon before the approx. 300 from yesterday were dealt with.  We received our vaccine shots at 3:30pm and at that point the line-up on the malecon was still stretched to immediately opposite the vaccine administration site.

After receiving our vaccine shot we waited 30 minutes and then proceeded to an area where there were a number of secretarial type people who were confirming documentation and taking additional information such as address, telephones, email and we were required to answer a number of medical history questions.  They also took copies of our original vaccine registration document, our CURP and our Permanente.  We were not given any form of document to prove that we had received the first dose.  We were told that in approx. 28 days a second dose should become available.  We asked if we would receive a telephone call or email advising of date and time?  The prompt response: .......NOT LIKELY!  We were told to simply pay close attention to local news reports and Internet forums.   Hopefully the procedure and time required for our second dose will better organized and take far less time.

Prior to and after receiving our injections we were told that it's extremely important to not take aspirin during the first 48 hours and to not drink any form of alcoholic beverage for 20 days. We were told that at least 5 times in the 2 1/2 hours when we were located in the last area where we were seated prior to the injections. Within the crowd, there seemed to be a lot of scepticism relating to the 20 day alcohol restriction.

The vaccine:  "Sinovac" we were told but never saw any proof. 

Just now, AndyPanda said:

You would have been offered the opportunity to print out your registration after you completed it online. I have not tried to go back to the site to see if there is a record of what I did.

I did return to the site after my registration  and was able to print  out the receipt.