Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccine Passport

Discussion is underway to develop a vaccine passport to be used on airlines, cruise ships, trains, etc.  The card they give you when you receive your shot can be easily duplicated, so something more legal is required.  The passport would probably require shot verification, proof of identity, type of vaccine, etc.  Some vaccines appear to protect a person from being a transmitter of covid.  Studies are now underway to verify this.  The airlines are especially interest in this and Qantis Airlines is currently developing a system.  

I don't see that as a reason not to do it. We have been using "papers" since forever. Imagine our world if we decided not to, just in case they got lost. I guard my passport with my life, pretty much.

I see some countries are already introducing "ePassports", which embeds a chip in the passport book. Makes for faster checkpoints, but is still on paper.

For decades In the US, states and/or localities have maintained online databases for childhood vaccines, so this is nothing new for them.

Online I can see my history of my exact Covid shots I got in a local database (dates, times, location, etc.).  

Guessing this is the norm for most states and/or localities.  

Check with State, Locality and vaccine provider (where you got shots).  Doesn't appear to be uniform recordings in all states.  

Found this for Univ. of Colorado Health system, as an example in your neck of the woods.  

https://www.uchealth.org/services/infectious-diseases/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/

How can I check where I am in the vaccination process?
Your vaccination status (or where you are in the vaccination process) is available on My Health Connection.

My Health Connection mobile app: Click “Your COVID-19 Information” on the home screen.
My Health Connection desktop: Go to “Tools,” then select “COVID-19 vaccine status.”
Status information includes:

If you are on the UCHealth vaccine list or if you declined to be on the list.
If you verified your vaccine distribution phase.
If your phase of distribution has started to receive vaccines. If so, be ready for a message from UCHealth to schedule your vaccines.
If you received a message to schedule your vaccines and when it expires (within 48 hours).
If you received a message to schedule your vaccines, but didn’t respond.
If your message expired, we will send you another message to schedule your vaccines at a later time.
If you received a message to schedule your vaccines, and declined the invitation.
If you have had your first or second vaccine.
The mobile app has a digital record of your vaccination to make it easy to display, if needed.

Please note: If you don’t see “Your COVID-19 Information” on the mobile app, log off and log back in. 

This whole idea of a vaccine mandate seems absurd... George Orwell warned in his classic novel, 1984, a major characteristic of a totalitarian society is that the all-powerful state supplants the independence (and sovereignty) of the family. Yet, the drive toward a flu vaccine mandate is more than about power and control.

So you are all okay with a Government mandating that in order for you to ______________ (fill-in the blank) travel, relocate, return to your home country, etc. you must _______________ (also fill-in the blank) vaccinate, etc. even if you're unsure it is safe to do so. Has anyone read the EU is currently suspending Astra-Zenaca vaccine in some countries because of blood clot concerns? These vaccines were rushed out before they knew any side effects. What's next? 

Thant is crazy to support a vaccine mandate to travel!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Jubilacion said:

This whole idea of a vaccine mandate seems absurd... George Orwell warned in his classic novel, 1984, a major characteristic of a totalitarian society is that the all-powerful state supplants the independence (and sovereignty) of the family. Yet, the drive toward a flu vaccine mandate is more than about power and control.

So you are all okay with a Government mandating that in order for you to ______________ (fill-in the blank) travel, relocate, return to your home country, etc. you must _______________ (also fill-in the blank) vaccinate, etc. even if you're unsure it is safe to do so. Has anyone read the EU is currently suspending Astra-Zenaca vaccine in some countries because of blood clot concerns? These vaccines were rushed out before they knew any side effects. What's next? 

No one's talking about a mandate.  It would be an option in lieu of having to show a negative Covid test before a flight. 

We have spent 3600p on Covid tests in the past 30 days in order to fly.  

1) I don't see any mention....other than yours!... of a Mandate.

2) 1984 was a fictional novel.  Are we using fiction as data these days?

3) Some potential of a problem with AstraZenaca but my research says blood clotting with it no more prevalent than with general public. BUT err on the side of caytion.

Otherwise.....   YMMV

48 minutes ago, Jubilacion said:

In case you aren't aware, you don't have a "right" to travel to any country other than your own. If a country should choose to protect their citizens and residents from outsiders who only think about themselves and don't care if they spread disease, that is their right.

There are all sorts of things that are mandated for the safety of the general public and not putting unnecessary strain on the medical system. Like passing a driver's test before being allowed to drive on public roads, having a minimum drinking age, no drinking and driving, etc.

22 minutes ago, RickS said:

1) I don't see any mention....other than yours!... of a Mandate.

2) 1984 was a fictional novel.  Are we using fiction as data these days?

3) Some potential of a problem with AstraZenaca but my research says blood clotting with it no more prevalent than with general public. BUT err on the side of caytion.

Otherwise.....   YMMV

1. RickS, you have had many well thought out responses on many subjects in the past, often appreciated your thought.... but you seem to be agreeing, airlines, cruise lines, trains, etc are pursuing a Vaccine-type of passport... yet if they aren't going to MANDATE or REQUIRE (choose your word) a certain type of vaccine to transit, travel or vacation then why have this passport at all??    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..... 

2. Yep, 1984 was fiction, and fact is often stranger than fiction as I'm sure you've seen in your life time. This is no exception.

3. Yep, error on the side of caution and wait for additional trails to prove safety and identify known side-effects. One of the most liberal EU nations, Sweden just suspended this vaccine. Maybe their research is more detailed than what you've read?

52 minutes ago, Jubilacion said:

Better safe than sorry. The world has been clamouring for a cure, and now that several are well on the way, people are complaining that it isn't safe... people who have no idea other than nebulous reports they have read online. Suddenly everyone is an expert and everyone is bitching.

If I were governing, I would damn well insist that no one enters without proof of vaccination.

4 minutes ago, Jubilacion said:

yet if they aren't going to MANDATE or REQUIRE (choose your word) a certain type of vaccine to transit, travel or vacation then why have this passport at all??    

Maybe they will require quarantine or a PCR test on arrival if you can't show proof you've been vaccinated.

Try to think outside your box.

4 minutes ago, Jubilacion said:

1. RickS, you have had many well thought out responses on many subjects in the past, often appreciated your thought.... but you seem to be agreeing, airlines, cruise lines, trains, etc are pursuing a Vaccine-type of passport... yet if they aren't going to MANDATE or REQUIRE (choose your word) a certain type of vaccine to transit, travel or vacation then why have this passport at all??    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..... 

2. Yep, 1984 was fiction, and fact is often stranger than fiction as I'm sure you've seen in your life time. This is no exception.

3. Yep, error on the side of caution and wait for additional trails to prove safety and identify known side-effects. One of the most liberal EU nations, Sweden just suspended this vaccine. Maybe their research is more detailed than what you've read?

1) Thanks.  Just saying that the word Mandate, without any real data saying that is what is going to happen, is premature to state factually.

2) Agreed on the first part. Don't agree on the second as fact. 

3) I'll read the Swedish information... for data, but since I've already been vaccinated with Pfizer it isn't of much concern to me personally.

Just as a business can mandate mask wearing to enter, I suspect they could also mandate a vaccination record. You probably saw on the news the 65 year old woman who refused to wear a mask in a bank in Galveston and was then asked to leave and refused. The bank called the police who then arrested her for trespassing, and resisting arrest, after she tried to invoke her right to not wear a mask. The police made it clear they do not enforce masking but do respond to calls involving trespassing.

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Just as a business can mandate mask wearing to enter, I suspect they could also mandate a vaccination record. You probably saw on the news the 65 year old woman who refused to wear a mask in a bank in Galveston and was then asked to leave and refused. The bank called the police who then arrested her for trespassing, and resisting arrest, after she tried to invoke her right to not wear a mask. The police made it clear they do not enforce masking but do respond to calls involving trespassing.

I wonder if she had been bl**k they would have allowed her in🤔🤔🤔