Chapala.com Webboard

TUES, WEDS, THURS SINOVAC VACCINES IN AJIJIC, CHAPALA, and JOCOTEPEC

jrod

Latest updates, just because...

Two updates to the ever-changing details needed to get your vaccine tomorrow.

1) The Jocotepec vaccination date has been moved up from a Wednesday start to tomorrow, Tuesday, coinciding with the Chapala and Ajijic start.

2) About 40 minutes ago, Governor Alfaro posted that the Ajijic location is the Cultural Center on the plaza. This contradicts the interim mayor’s dinnertime video update (with separate still images from other sources corroborating) that the location is to be at the Malecón. (Residents from San Antonio and Riberas west to La Canacinta are supposed to go to the Ajijic location.)

Heck if I know where in Ajijic actual vaccinations will be administered. 

Update from the interim delegado a few minutes ago:

The Lakeside administration of the Sinovac vaccine begins tomorrow, Tuesday, in  Jocotepec, Chapala, and Ajijic—note that these are different from the locations previously posted—and the vaccination runs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. He did not repeat the hours, but those communicated earlier are 8-4.

2,700 tokens per day will be released. (Note: He doesn't clarify if this includes both Chapala and Ajijic or if is the total for each of the two locations.)
People from other municipalities are welcome, but priority will be given to those from the Chapala municipality.

Here are the locations:

In Chapala, the "antigua presidencia"  (former) municipal (the yellow) building on Madero, #226, which is the corner of Hidalgo (the carretera) and Madero, northwest corner at the traffic light.

In Ajijic, on the malecón at Calle del Paseo (the street that runs parallel to the malecón.)

In Jocotepec at the regional hospital on the carretera.

He says you need to bring: your registration doc from mivacuna.gob.mx, the original and a copy of your INE (for expats, make a copy of your temporal/permanente), your CURP and proof of address.

Please see my post from yesterday (I edited it to make the same title, but you need to scroll) on what info you will be expected to provide to the brigadiers during on-site registration.
  • Thanks 2

• jrod changed the title to TUES, WEDS, THURS SINOVAC VACCINES IN AJIJIC, CHAPALA, and JOCOTEPEC

I just came from the Malecon in Ajijic. There are already 100's of people there with chairs and umbrellas and parking is non-existent.  There are police officers present blocking off traffic at the foot of 5 de Mayo (You drive south on Morelos and turn right on Del Paseo but cannot drive any further west than 5 de Mayo where you have no choice but to drive north.  All parking on any of the streets in the area are already occupied.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

I just came from the Malecon in Ajijic. There are already 100's of people there with chairs and umbrellas and parking is non-existent.  There are police officers present blocking off traffic at the foot of 5 de Mayo (You drive south on Morelos and turn right on Del Paseo but cannot drive any further west than 5 de Mayo where you have no choice but to drive north.  All parking on any of the streets in the area are already occupied.

Thank you, Carnivore. Exactly what I need to know.

If there are others in my boat or similar, I just want to validate that this super spreader event thrown by the government, may not be for all of us.

I'm recovering from a debilitating illness and am still in recovery. My best endurance event walking right now is about 10 minutes. I will be eagerly watching the experience of others, but there is no way this type of staging will work. There will be other times, places, and presentations that I can manage.

Good luck and stay safe for those of you who go for it!

Our local family doctor informed us on Friday that once the date and time for the vaccine was determined (and he suggested that it would be this week) that those over 60 who have registered on the web-site and obviously have a CURP or they wouldn't have been able to register on-line) would receive a phone call or email to advise of the time.  However he also told us that if we have friends over the age of 60 who are not permanent (here on a tourist visa) and do not have a CURP they can also attend, and they will be able to obtain the vaccine providing they have their passports, proof of local address and their tourist visa.  I should note that we have not received a notice by phone or e-mail.  

Is there any proof that the foregoing is accurate.  We have a number of people, who have not been able to register on-line,  who would want to attend if they can.  They are over 60, and, of course can provide the required documents.   Any response would be most appreciated.

28 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

Our local family doctor informed us on Friday that once the date and time for the vaccine was determined (and he suggested that it would be this week) that those over 60 who have registered on the web-site and obviously have a CURP or they wouldn't have been able to register on-line) would receive a phone call or email to advise of the time.  However he also told us that if we have friends over the age of 60 who are not permanent (here on a tourist visa) and do not have a CURP they can also attend, and they will be able to obtain the vaccine providing they have their passports, proof of local address and their tourist visa.  I should note that we have not received a notice by phone or e-mail.  

Is there any proof that the foregoing is accurate.  We have a number of people, who have not been able to register on-line,  who would want to attend if they can.  They are over 60, and, of course can provide the required documents.   Any response would be most appreciated.

"Official" word varies from one vaccine location/municipality to another, but....

In Ajijic yesterday, interim presidente municipal Trejo said that nonresident foreigners could be vaccinated so long as vaccine supplies last, but they would be added to the end of the list for each day, ie. giving preference to those who have registered on the federal platform. People from other municipalities also can get on line but, again, at the end of the list, giving preference to those who are residents and have all their docs in order. As they've just opened, I cannot confirm but you might go down and ask a brigadier without having to get on line.

Another point, altho I cannot personally confirm: If you are a resident with a CURP but have not signed up on mivacuna.salud.gob.mx you can take the other required documents and someone there will sign you up and get your Folio/receipt at the Malecón, but to expect that will delay you online. I don't know anyone who has done this yet at the Ajijic malecón. 

He also told me that people who are immobile and were expecting a home-visit vaccine will at some point in the future be contacted by the Salud de Bienestar (like Health and Welfare) folks, but he didn't have more info than that.

I will be curious to hear how lineups will be managed between those who registered and those who are not... do you stand in line half the day only to be told to go to the back of the line because you have not? Are they handing out numbers? Do you get your shot as soon as you are next in line? Do those who have registered have to wait behind those who have not?

I have not received a call or an email and I don't actually know anyone who has. Considering my difficulty getting around, I am curious also as to how anyone expects a home visit.

Of course I read that, and I appreciate your sharing th information.

I am looking for clarification (not from you) concerning that last bit: "people who are immobile and were expecting a home-visit vaccine will at some point in the future be contacted by the Salud de Bienestar ". There was nothing about home visits on the registration page, so how can people "expect" such a thing at this point? I can only guess after being contacted by email or phone. Which leaves many people hanging at this point, because we have not been contacted, so are we supposed to line up or wait?

I also want to know at some point if we don't make it for this week's injections, will there be another, or will we be moved to the bottom of whatever list exists. (This doesn't even consider whether they will run out of shots to begin with.) Honestly, I doubt any among us have answers to these questions at the moment. So I guess I'm just trying to plan out loud.

It's been a while since I registered on mivacuna for the (read "any") vaccine. There most definitely was a section where you answered whether you were mobile or needed a home visit. Anyone else remember that?

I am not thrilled by the thoughts of crowds and no parking. So far, I'm doing fine with the protocols in place. Chaotic roll outs of vaccination have been taking place worldwide. I want a vaccine, any vaccine, but may have to wait. Such is life.

• Like 1

2700 tokens? Where on the Ajijic malecon do you pick up a token?