Chapala.com Webboard

It could take awhile, however, Rogers being a cable provider and not a satellite company.......this could have an effect in the future as they look to create "efficiencies" and cut costs.     This is much less of an issue with all the options now than it would have been only 10 years ago, of course.

Rogers seeks to buy Shaw in deal valued at $26B | CTV News

The deal will not go through IF ALLOWED until fall of 2022..... so Shaw users have time to seek other options. One is to get a Firestick and have Rich  install it..... end of ANY dollars paid out for a kazillion options!  (And the Firestick is workng better than our android box)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Natasha said:

The deal will not go through IF ALLOWED until fall of 2022..... so Shaw users have time to seek other options. One is to get a Firestick and have Rich  install it..... end of ANY dollars paid out for a kazillion options!  (And the Firestick is workng better than our android box)

Who is Rich?

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Who is Rich?

Rich (Richie) Guarino         Picked ours up, took it home to  do the install, brought it back next day and spent over 2 hours with me teaching me all the steps, and the do's and dont's.  All that for $500 pesos.... a BARGAIN ...and he is REALLY patient with techno-$%&/()s like me.

FB  Rich Richie     OR  RichInMexico         cell   332 051 2398        email:  Richg359@gmail.com

And be advised, if he's with a person teaching them, he does not answer his cell.  What a thoughtful difference!  🤩

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Rich (Richie) Guarino         Picked ours up, took it home to  do the install, brought it back next day and spent over 2 hours with me teaching me all the steps, and the do's and dont's.  All that for $500 pesos.... a BARGAIN ...and he is REALLY patient with techno-$%&/()s like me.

FB  Rich Richie     OR  RichInMexico         cell   332 051 2398        email:  Richg359@gmail.com

And be advised, if he's with a person teaching them, he does not answer his cell.  What a thoughtful difference!  🤩

Couldn't find any info on this person and yes I am on facebook.

torypoint is awash with ads, popups, email requirements, and who knows what else. It is pretty, but verbose, dragging you through all kinds of (mostly) unnecessary reading to get to each step, And leading to dozens of ads, many for IPVanish, even for BitCoin. It has all the attributes of a multi-level marketing site.

So I am curious: where did you end up, Oatsie? What kind of financial investment did you make after all that reading? Did you get a decent IPTV service?

6 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Duh....... then   phone him or send an email.........  (can't answer fro FB as I don't go there)

Duh.... I am in the due diligence habit of getting info on a person before I phone them about their service. So far you have been the only anecdotal source which is not enough but gracias for at least posting about such a service being available. How did you decide which firestick to purchase?

6 hours ago, Oatsie said:

I programmed my own Firestick by following the video at  https://troypoint.com/

Troypoint is a great source of information, however it should be used to do setups since their video on the Firestick is very easy to follow. Once it has been setup then you can move over to Filelinked which isn't trying to sell you anything. Troypoint is heavy on the sales of VPN services.

This is also a great source of information for the straight beginner or more experienced user.  Firestick Support.

4 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

torypoint is awash with ads, popups, email requirements, and who knows what else. It is pretty, but verbose, dragging you through all kinds of (mostly) unnecessary reading to get to each step, And leading to dozens of ads, many for IPVanish, even for BitCoin. It has all the attributes of a multi-level marketing site.

So I am curious: where did you end up, Oatsie? What kind of financial investment did you make after all that reading? Did you get a decent IPTV service?

No financial investment.  I followed the directions, ignoring all of the advertising.  It's much like reading a newspaper.  I don't buy the stuff advertised in the paper.  I just read the content that I need.

5 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Duh.... I am in the due diligence habit of getting info on a person before I phone them about their service. So far you have been the only anecdotal source which is not enough but gracias for at least posting about such a service being available. How did you decide which firestick to purchase?

Since we don't know each other I will bypass your inference I'm so careless as to simply find him under a toadstool. There are some who don't exactly think FB is the be-all and end-all for reliable info, but if you'd called him, you could have asked for references.

He was given sterling reviews by several people last year but I don't know how to search  them for you. However, he installed one for a friend, and she recommended him highly.  He told me his main client source is Canadians seeking Shaw alternatives.

Alpha 1 (above) told me to buy the 4K model. Apparently you need it (Rich agreed) for best results. The only hitch is Amazon U.S. will NOT ship it to Mexico.   I was lucky.... a friend was in the U.S. for a short stay so I had it shipped to her and she brought it. And  Alpha 1 told me the prices vary (this specific model) a lot, so watch Amazon for "sale" days.

2 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

Troypoint is a great source of information, however it should be used to do setups since their video on the Firestick is very easy to follow.

And you WELL know, my friend, I am no more capable of doing that than fly.   And mine has NO VPN    being used, for reasons I no longer remember (or care).

51 minutes ago, econ man said:

Amazon has a new version of the firestick with the same processor as the 4k but a little bit cheaper than the 4k if you don't need the high resolution. Still not for sale in Mexico.

Firestick Tricks is also a good site, similar to Troypoint.

Stick with the 4K, same processor but more RAM and faster than the newer 2020 version.