Chapala.com Webboard

SINOVAC VACCINES START TOMORROW--TUESDAY--IN CHAPALA, AJIJIC, AND NOW IN JOCOTEPEC

jrod

This morning,  humongous line up in Chapala for the vaccine shot this morning, Tents are being erected and seats being placed.... but still "hundreds" more will be in the sun. The logics are challenging . Maybe better if it was at The Bull ring where there are more seats available?? I hope the Cruz Roja will be on hand with water etc

Also line ups at copying store I guess "to make" copies.

4 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Between the US using vaccine diplomacy with MX (to gain MX cooperation with border issues), and COVAX the international Covid vax organization to provide equitable distribution to poorer nations, there is likely to be more vax in MX soon, and likely to be from better sources than China or Russia.  

Agreed.  We will wait and hope for better options than Sinovac. 

14 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Serious enough for over 12 countries to suspend vaccinating their citizens with it.

Thank you.  Not to mention the EU will not let you enter if that is the vaccine you received.  Not going there, but...

5 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Between the US using vaccine diplomacy with MX (to gain MX cooperation with border issues), and COVAX the international Covid vax organization to provide equitable distribution to poorer nations, there is likely to be more vax in MX soon, and likely to be from better sources than China or Russia.  

Mexico had the World's 14th. largest economy before Morena took over, so this agreement will have nothing to do with Mexico, obviously. Mexico's trickling in of various vaccines (mostly the inferior brands) is solely a result of the federal government's incompetence, as usual. IMO

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

Thank you.  Not to mention the EU will not let you enter if that is the vaccine you received.  Not going there, but...

Someone posted this erroneous statement the other day, couldn't come up with one link to support it, no articles can be found saying that, yet already this false notion is circulating. 

3 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Similar in Ajijic, but on the malecon where there is little shade. 

Similar in Jocotepec where there is no shade. Bring umbrellas. 

I do not know about the rest of Europe but in France right now they have stoped vaccinating with Astazeneca.. Same in Germany and some other countriies.. I believe that GB continue vaccinating with Astrazeneca..  There no Chinese vaccine for them,,,There is no talk about accepting this or that vaccination before entering the country.. They are checking Sputnik but it is not approved yes  as far as the Chinese vaccine there , it is not something they even talk about.

My cousins live in Taiwan and they have no vaccine there. Very lttle covid due to their strict measures about entering the country and they will not accept any vaccine except their own ... and it is not developped yet..

Each country in EUrope makes their own decisions on the vaccine so it is useless to speak about what Europe is doing

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Someone posted on FB that they arrived at Ajijic malecon this morning at 6:10AM and was #65 in line.  It took them a total of SEVEN hours. 

well, forget that.  I'll wait this go around out.  Physically I can't handle that kind of time frame.

18 minutes ago, artsnob said:

My group is also waiting till we get Pfizer 

It's been stated on news that Pfizer will NOT be given outside major cities, due to the fact that there are no adequate COLD storage facilities available for any viable vaccination sites.

I wish........ but......

3 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Someone posted this erroneous statement the other day, couldn't come up with one link to support it, no articles can be found saying that, yet already this false notion is circulating. 

3 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

EU didn't state that, as far as I know. Check Google for Albania stating that. 😊

3 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

I did not read that anywhere either

I was just teasing. My buddy was in Albania and connecting countries just before Covid-19 for 6 weeks and told me stories of Albania that were very funny.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ibarra said:

Agreed.  We will wait and hope for better options than Sinovac. 

Not true according to y sister who lives in Europe.  I am going there this year and other than the test there is no restriction.