Chapala.com Webboard

SINOVAC VACCINES START TOMORROW--TUESDAY--IN CHAPALA, AJIJIC, AND NOW IN JOCOTEPEC

jrod

To day ,The R C Board of Directors sent this message out to members of the Racquet Club;

Covid-19 vaccination On March 17, 18 and 19, adults over 60 will be vaccinated at the Jocotepec Community Hospital. Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Address: Carretera Chapala-Jocotepec, Km. 3, El Chante Requirements: • Printed registration form • INE, CURP and proof of address (original and copy) • Vaccination record (optional) If you are not registered yet, you can do so at the following link: https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/ Recommendations: • Go fed. • Bring hydration. • Wear comfortable clothes. • Keep a healthy distance. • Wear a mask.

23 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

To day ,The R C Board of Directors sent this message out to members of the Racquet Club;

Covid-19 vaccination On March 17, 18 and 19, adults over 60 will be vaccinated at the Jocotepec Community Hospital. Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Address: Carretera Chapala-Jocotepec, Km. 3, El Chante Requirements: • Printed registration form • INE, CURP and proof of address (original and copy) • Vaccination record (optional) If you are not registered yet, you can do so at the following link: https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/ Recommendations: • Go fed. • Bring hydration. • Wear comfortable clothes. • Keep a healthy distance. • Wear a mask.

Yes, I got that email too as I'm in RC. It took a while for me to know exactly what "Go fed" meant. I looked back at the Spanish and decided a better way of saying "acudir alimentado" in English is go after eating or arrive with food in your stomach. I think they don't want people taking the vaccine on an empty stomach. That message didn't come through when I read "Go fed" but other folks may have gotten it. Of course they could just be warning you that it is going to be a long time standing in line. Certainly bring a sunbrella and/or hat and fan.

I am so glad they are using that hospital as it has space to deal with the crowd better than other locations.

46 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Texas now has J&J's one shot available. I will pass on the local offering.

https://tdem.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=3700a84845c5470cb0dc3ddace5c376b

That site can be very misleading. The inventory is not updated consistently so a location showing availability of the J&J shot may have been accurate at one point but by the time the page is updated the inventory is gone. The second problem is that many of the sites listed offer vaccinations only to patients, not the general public. Very few have websites where you can make an appointment online. 

Baylor, Scott & White medical facilities and CVS have had openings for shots in several locations but the windows open and close quickly. Both seem limited to Pfizer at this time however.

9 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

What I will never understand is why you and others of your I'll feel the need to spew your opinions.

Fine, you don't believe this is a pandemic, nor that a vaccine is necessary, but it seems the only one you're looking to convince is yourself. 

You do what you see fit and accept the rewards or consequences and allow the rest of to the same without listening to your opinions which mean diddly squat to most everyone.

Oregontochapala, you don't like my opinion, seriously?  Thats one of the things I like about this board is that anybody can come on and freely express their opinion unlike the other board that only allows mainstream opinions.  If you think my post was full of missinformation and lies please point it out.  I'm also not a fan of conspiracy theories or right wing fascists to tell you the truth but I do have my opinions.  One is that something about this whole virus and the worlds leader's reaction to it stink.  But it is NOT my opinion that over 12 countries have now suspended the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine.  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/3/15/which-countries-have-halted-use-of-astrazenecas-covid-vaccine

It is not my opinion that blood clots are a deadly side effect.  It is not my opinion that the virus has been and been spreading since Nov. 2019 or possibly earlier.  It is not my opinion that this is a highly populated area living in a very concentratedly small area in a very small stretch of land.  And it is not my opinion that with our large population we have fortunately only lost around 60 people.  All those are facts.  If the truth were known, the municipality of Chapala probably has close 100 thousand people living here now.  Hundreds of families have flocked to our area from the larger cities like Gdl and MC since the pandemic began.  I guess the only part of my post that was opinionated was whether or not 60 or so people dead out of close to 100 thousand in nearly a year and half of a deadly virus outbreak equated to a pandemic for our area.  Maybe, you should reread my previous post.

• Like 1

fyi.  It is mostly poor countries and/or dictatorships that are buying the Chinese vax.  

Phillipines President Duarte made a big deal of announcing shipments of Sinovac.  The 77 year old Duarte later admitted he will not take Sinovac as the Filipino version of the FDA says due to its low efficacy (50%) it cannot be given to any Health Care worker, nor to anyone above the age of 59.  It has been approved only for healthy persons between the ages of 18 nd 59.   

Indonesia is also not allowing its elderly to take Sinovac.  

• Like 2

Some people just can't handle opinions and observations that different from theirs.  And they react with personal vitriol.  Dichosalocura cited a good example here.

IMO the level of covid in this area does not justify the extreme fear some exhibit on this board and eleswhere.  Particularly when one realizes that the great majority of the handful of local deaths over now an entire year involve corollary exacerbating conditions of obesity, diabetes, heart conditions and extreme age. Case loads are now dropping very significantly throughout the country and most places in the world.

The fact is these vaccines work with a different mechanism than most of the vaccines we are familiar with and have been using against flu for several decades.  They were developed in great haste and now they are being disseminated in great haste.  This isn't just another flu vaccine.  

I'm old enough to remember thalidomide and how long it took to find out that it had really disastrous and sad side effects.  

Some of these vaccines have been developed without safeguards and transparency and by governments known to be careless of both and quite prone to dishonesty.  I wouldn't allow myself to be injected with anything from either China or Russia under any circumstance.   I'd be willing to bet most expats agree and this is going to be an experiment conducted largely on the Mexican population.

In these circumstances, the "bad news" if any will take some time to manifest itself.  Given the extremely low risk of covid locally and with the limited exposure most local expats will have because of life style and informed precautions I see absolutely no reason for myself or my wife why we need to rush into this until a better track record is established and published.

So I'm with Dichosalocura on this one.  We will wait and watch and plan to get vaccinated in the U.S. this summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• jrod changed the title to SINOVAC VACCINES START TOMORROW--TUESDAY--IN CHAPALA AND AJIJIC, WEDS IN JOCOTEPEC
3 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Thalidomide was a drug, not a vaccine.

he number of serious side effects from vaccines in the last 80 years is statistically irrelevant.

True, the point being it was brought to market without sufficient testing. 

This "vaccine" is not the same as those vaccines as you well know.

If you are comfortable with it, you should make your own call as to whether to get it now or not.  The point is now everyone shares your point of view.  Interestingly there are reports that first responders and health professionals are refusing the vaccine in pretty substantial percentages.  Why?

The scary part is if the Europeans put out the  AstraZeneca vaccine and they have already administered it to millions and they are just finding out it has serious deadly side effects, so deadly that over 12 countries just this week have already refused to give it to their citizens.  Imagine what the Sinovac may contain, created by an authoritarian regime that is notorious for not putting the well being of their own citizens in very high regard.  It was rushed to be released and it has been way under tested and studied.  If the European vaccine has been proven to be so dangerous just imagine what we may find out about the Sinovac after millions of Mexicans have already taken it.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

True, the point being it was brought to market without sufficient testing. 

This "vaccine" is not the same as those vaccines as you well know.

If you are comfortable with it, you should make your own call as to whether to get it now or not.  The point is now everyone shares your point of view.  Interestingly there are reports that first responders and health professionals are refusing the vaccine in pretty substantial percentages.  Why?

The two in no way equate, as you well know.

9 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

The scary part is if the Europeans put out the  AstraZeneca vaccine and they have already administered it to millions and they are just finding out it has serious deadly side effects, so deadly that over 12 countries just this week have already refused to give it to their citizens.  Imagine what the Sinovac may contain, created by an authoritarian regime that is notorious for not putting the well being of their own citizens in very high regard.  It was rushed to be released and it has been way under tested and studied.  If the European vaccine has been proven to be so dangerous just imagine what we may find out about the Sinovac after millions of Mecicans have already taken it.

You are making your own headlines. There is not a single report of "serious deadly side effects". Perhaps blood clotting, which experts agree is nothing serious at all.

Why is this board a poster child for misinformation?

• jrod changed the title to SINOVAC VACCINES START TOMORROW--TUESDAY--IN CHAPALA, AJIJIC, AND NOW IN JOCOTEPEC
1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

The scary part is if the Europeans put out the  AstraZeneca vaccine and they have already administered it to millions and they are just finding out it has serious deadly side effects, so deadly that over 12 countries just this week have already refused to give it to their citizens.  Imagine what the Sinovac may contain, created by an authoritarian regime that is notorious for not putting the well being of their own citizens in very high regard.  It was rushed to be released and it has been way under tested and studied.  If the European vaccine has been proven to be so dangerous just imagine what we may find out about the Sinovac after millions of Mecicans have already taken it.

"just imagine".....yeah, that seems what you are doing a lot of.....just my opinion.

• Haha 1

Keep in mind that in 4-6 weeks, Texas will be one giant superspreader. I am worried sick about my friends and relatives who live in Texas. Maybe not the best place to get vaccinated.

OP mentioned 4600 'tokens'. Does that mean 4600 doses? Maybe the next batch will be better...

6 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Keep in mind that in 4-6 weeks, Texas will be one giant superspreader. I am worried sick about my friends and relatives who live in Texas. Maybe not the best place to get vaccinated.

OP mentioned 4600 'tokens'. Does that mean 4600 doses? Maybe the next batch will be better...

You do not know this but I do wonder what the impact of thousands of untested and unvaccinated people streaming across the border there is going to have on covid levels.  That may also be apparent in 4-6 weeks.  If outbreaks occur, where they occur will tell us a lot.

This just in:

https://www.vallartadaily.com/mexico-wants-to-tap-into-u-s-stockpile-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VallartaDaily+(Headline+News+from+Puerto+Vallarta)

Between the US using vaccine diplomacy with MX (to gain MX cooperation with border issues), and COVAX the international Covid vax organization to provide equitable distribution to poorer nations, there is likely to be more vax in MX soon, and likely to be from better sources than China or Russia.  

• Like 2