Chapala.com Webboard

Best autobody shop

Yo1

I got estimates to repaint a car recently-

In Guad $9500

In Chapala $12000

In Riberas &16000  ( Robertos )

In Riberas $18000  ( shop close the LTH batteries )

In Ajijic  $35000 ( The Body Shop )

Quality may vary.....

If your car isn't worth a lot I would recommend Robertos, if you want the best.. probably The Body Shop

Wow!  35000 pesos is almost NOB pricing!  In the past, with the previous start-up owner I've had some "fenders or bumpers" painted there and many times an interior and/or exterior detail job and ALWAYS came away happy.  Don't think I'd use them for painting now 'tho.  YMMV

Maybe they do not want to do it.  We were in a car accident the insurance told us the part needed would be one month or so to get.  I called Ricardo and he immediately got it for us.  Did not understand why as he bought it where the insurance would.  We went with him and the car looks great.  We had another car painted there and it was not 35,000 pesos

• moderator-2 changed the title to Best autobody shop
1 hour ago, Mitch said:

I have used Ajijic Body shop ( west of Waffel House ) three times, the last time being very recent and always very pleased with their work.

Echoing Mitch. Just picked up my car from them last Tuesday. Their quote was low enough that I didn't bother to get others.

They claim 4 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear coat.

SunFan

4 hours ago, SunFan said:

Echoing Mitch. Just picked up my car from them last Tuesday. Their quote was low enough that I didn't bother to get others.

They claim 4 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear coat.

SunFan

In fact, what they used to be really good at was panels: side, doors, bumpers, hood, etc... fixed price for each.

Would love to know how much for what. Because I used to go there, and then the prices started creeping up. $10,000 seems a good price for a professional job. $35,000 around here is insanity.

• Like 1