Chapala.com Webboard

Airport covid test

10 hours ago, Scooter said:

Does anyone have 1st hand (or verified 2nd hand) information on how long it took to get results from covid test (PCR) at the airport? 

It depends on the line up to start, About a month ago it took me a total of 50/60 minutes. 

But did you see in this weeks  GR paper  there is a set up (trailer) the parking lot of Sorinna, I am going to check it out next week.

2 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

I took the test at the Guadalajara airport about 3 weeks ago , fairly well organized about 20 folks ahead me. About 45minutes waiting for the test and about 45 minutes waiting for the results.Depending on how busy they are your mileage may vary

Regards

Phil are you saying you got a PCR test in that time period?

3 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

I took the test at the Guadalajara airport about 3 weeks ago , fairly well organized about 20 folks ahead me. About 45minutes waiting for the test and about 45 minutes waiting for the results.Depending on how busy they are your mileage may vary

Regards

I don't think you are talking about a PCR test. Takes a couple of days to get results for those from everything I've read.

You are probably referring to an antigen test. 

4 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

Regards

PCR test requires 6 hours in the lab. You must have taken the antigen test. OP us asking for PCR test information

I had the same question as I'll be flying out next Sunday. But then I read the fine print on my airline requirements. They require antigen test which takes hours of processing. So I'm going to find a lab in my community that will do it.

So if you are wanting a test because you are flying out, be sure and read the airline requirements. My specifically said

Accepted COVID-19 tests include a nucleic acid amplification test (e.g. PCR test) and viral antigen tests. Antibody tests are not accepted.

The article in TGR this week about the JLN Lab that opened at Soriana's parking lot specifically says to check with your airline to be sure they will accept the JLN Lab test. This may be because their RT-PCR is a nose and throat swab and not a blood test. Typically even the RT-PCR (with nose and throat swab) will take several hours to get a result. So I can't see how the test site at the airport is providing antigen tests.

image.png

1 hour ago, phil in mexico said:

Just sharing what  I experienced ,and what I observed. If that offends you, sorry about that!

It doesn't offend me, it just insinuated that PCR tests weren't being done. You didn't say what you observed, you said what you didn't observe.

I'm sure we all go places all the time and fail to observe hundreds of things that are going on around us. 

• Like 1