Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic conditions at Lakeside

9 hours ago, RickS said:

Am I understanding that you are promoting the theory that China "funded and developed this worldwide Pandemic" for nefarious reasons?

Draw your own conclusions.  It is no secret the CCP withheld revealing the infection for months until it had spread quite widely.  It is also no secret the Wuhan lab received funding from western sources with a distinct ideological agenda.  It also no secret China benefitted directly from the economic injury caused to its main competitors.  This is all a matter of record at this point.

All just a coincidence?  Well, that is a "theory" as well, is it not Rick?  :D 

And mudgirl, if you have a problem with my post as a member like you please feel free to report it to Admin Chapala or another moderator and we we will all abide by his/their judgement.  Take your complaint to the place where it can be adjudicated properly.

Not that any of this has anything to do with traffic here at lakeside which has definitely escalated far faster than I suspect most of us expected and I for one don't see any indication the local government is aware of, let alone will implement, any measures that will help. 

Quite the contrary, actually.  Wait until they turn on those two that are within a stone's throw of the main one.  

Stunning how a thread about traffic here turned into discussion of a wild conspiracy theory about the deterioration of things in the U.S. in the “last two months” and China’s attempt to first destroy and then take over the world. Oddly, Moderator2 has no problem with this diversion. Oh, wait. Never mind. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Xena said:

Stunning how a thread about traffic here turned into discussion of a wild conspiracy theory about the deterioration of things in the U.S. in the “last two months” and China’s attempt to first destroy and then take over the world. Oddly, Moderator2 has no problem with this diversion. Oh, wait. Never mind. 

Same comment for you, take your complaint to the proper authority.  

Which theory is "wild"?  The one you like or the one you don't?  Some might see labeling all that has happened as just some majestic coincidence quite wild. :D 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Same comment for you, take your complaint to the proper authority.  

Which theory is "wild"?  The one you like or the one you don't?  Some might see labeling all that has happened as just some majestic coincidence quite wild. :D 

Oh, Mainecoons, I don’t care enough about what you write to report it to “the proper authority” or even to the improper authority. I simply noted an interesting highjack about a thread on traffic here. Whether you consider your conspiracy theory wild or brilliant analysis is irrelevant to me. 
Is it now time for Moderator2 to lock the thread? 

6 minutes ago, Xena said:

Oh, Mainecoons, I don’t care enough about what you write to report it to “the proper authority” or even to the improper authority. I simply noted an interesting highjack about a thread on traffic here. Whether you consider your conspiracy theory wild or brilliant analysis is irrelevant to me. 
Is it now time for Moderator2 to lock the thread? 

But you care enough to complain about it repeatedly.  OK.  :D 

Your complaint about thread hijacking is well taken although that, too, never seems to come up when you like the opinions being expressed.  It is hardly unusual here.  Nor is the selectivity of that complaint among some here unusual.

As a material participant I am not going to close the thread.  Please address that request to Admin or another moderator.  I will take the admonition about hijacking to heart and get back on topic with your help.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Your complaint about thread hijacking is well taken although that, too, never seems to come up when you like the opinions being expressed.  It is hardly unusual here.  Nor is the selectivity of that complaint among some here unusual.

As a material participant I am not going to close the thread.  Please address that request to Admin or another moderator.  I will take the admonition about hijacking to heart and get back on topic with your help.

Thanks.

She was not "complaining". She was disagreeing with you and providing her own opinion. Apparently it's okay for you to argue but as soon as one of us does then we need to "take it up with the mod".

As "a material participant" you have no authority to close a thread anyway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Seems like a good reason to not allow moderators to post.  Either moderate or post, not both.  Pick a lane. 

Get used to it.  It is the case on most boards including TOB where you also post.  Let's face it, if you liked the opinions you'd have no problem with it.  Stop trying to censor people who don't agree with you.  Support free speech, it is good for humanity.

It is permitted on this board.  If you have a problem with that you should take it up with Admin Chapala who also posts his opinions from time to time.  All the mods also post opinions here. 

If the board enforced a NO POLITICS post allowed it would be better off.  My side, your side, doesn't matter if equally enforced.  

The board manages to strictly enforce its NO CRIME posts policy so it's not an insurmountable task. 

4 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

If the board enforced a NO POLITICS post allowed it would be better off.  My side, your side, doesn't matter if equally enforced.  

The board manages to strictly enforce its NO CRIME posts policy so it's not an insurmountable task. 

Politics here is defined as partisan politics.  Again, if you have complaints take them to the appropriate venue.  Moderation is not a public topic here as you've been told this many, many times.  Please now do so.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Thanks.

I am very happy you are no longer using your authority to lock threads when they are not going your way, especially doing so right after you delivered your final say. 
I comment on something when I am moved to and have the time and energy. When was the last time I commented on one of your posts much less “complained” about it? 
Sorry you cannot control what I complain about and when. And, yes, I do note when  a moderator highjacks a thread. I foolishly hold you to a higher standard even when you are pretending to be just another poster.

Now that we have both had our final say we may resume regular programming. Have a lovely day.

5 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I can understand your not remembering who you are but have you also forgotten that you can "UNDO" a reaction... you know, like when you realize that you shouldn't be liking your own posts.

Good point, I'll do that from here on out.  Now can we move on?

1 minute ago, happyjillin said:

Traffic conditions anyone as per the title of this thread? Street hockey is not possible on these roads unless it's a dead end-eh! That's how bad the vehicle traffic is here.

chapala street hockey.jpg

That looks like fun.  Couldn't you do this on one of the basketball courts in the park.  I think though if you are playing I will be wearing large shin guards.  🤣

18 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

No, I can't remember which hat.  Try reading what I posted.  Doesn't happen very often.

I read it, several times, very clearly. You cannot like your own posts. Therefore, you have to know when you are liking your other posts. Simple as that. And yes, now we can move on.