Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic conditions at Lakeside

39 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I have been driving my housekeeper home on Saturdays. I live in Riberas and she lives in Ajijic centro. OMG! The traffic is nuts and getting worse. Took me a freakin' HOUR to get to her house today.

And was that with or without the myriad of functioning traffic lights around Walmart? Just curious..... I lived in Riberas for a year. I could be almost anywhere Lakeside (north shore, that is) in minutes then. Some traffic in central Ajijic, but once through that is was smooth sailing east or west bound.

It must be half day's drive now from Chapala to Jocotepec......

And this is largely without the added Snowbird traffic this season?

OMG is bang on.

The new traffic lights are still not functional. We left at 12:30 pm from my house. Timing is everything because I went to San Juan Cosala and back on Tuesday but I left about 9:45. I was home at 11 am with a carload of plants from my favourite vivero there.

We were laughing in the car today and I told her she either had to move or start work at 6 am. ;) ;)

Traffic is worse, more businesses, more cars, projects like the bike path where some bike lanes are wider than traffic lanes and no bus stops, elimination of parking spaces, a culture of blocking the road or not caring.  Get up early or plan to walk everywhere or just be frustrated and if you are old or sick live close to a hospital or call a bike ambulance as no real ambulance will be able to come fast

1 hour ago, Intercasa said:

Traffic is worse, more businesses, more cars, projects like the bike path where some bike lanes are wider than traffic lanes and no bus stops, elimination of parking spaces, a culture of blocking the road or not caring.  Get up early or plan to walk everywhere or just be frustrated and if you are old or sick live close to a hospital or call a bike ambulance as no real ambulance will be able to come fast

So true, so true. To day because the traffic on the highway was backed up from SAT. I decided to try the "lower" way going west through La Foresta etc. What a bl**dy mess the roads are in Ajijic, pot holes after pot holes, then got stuck behind a truck delivering Gasliquido on 16th September. God I would never live in Ajijic with a car...Different strokes for different folks

9 hours ago, blankletmusic said:

I can conclude fro all the helpful posts to this thread that living at Lakeside these days is living the rat race where a trip from West Ajijic to Chapala can now take a very long time due to traffic queues, unsynchronized traffic lights, etc. 

Am I correct in assuming that the usual issues (dogs, graffiti/weeds, broken sidewalks, poor local gov't., difficulty accomplishing simple tasks sometime) are all still part of daily life?

On the upside, it appears to me that the dining/takeout food situation there is considerably more diverse than in bygone years ( and I felt we ate very well then), it seems to be even better now (with the food choices available).

Please give me your thoughts....Thank you,

Yeah, it is so bad here that no one, Mexican or foreigner, should consider moving here, and everyone living here should be getting out.

Just unbearable!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Many towns and cities in Mexico outgrow their infrastructure so that their roads are clogged with traffic and parking is difficult to find.

13 minutes ago, InChapala1 said:

So where will new development expand next: 1) along the Libramiento, 2) Chapala and east, to Santa Cruz de la Soledad, 3) Ajijic West to Jocotepec, or 4) north of Chapala (to Chapala Haciendas and beyond, to Ixtlahuacán)?? Or perhaps all of the above?

All of the above. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, InChapala1 said:

So where will new development expand next: 1) along the Libramiento, 2) Chapala and east, to Santa Cruz de la Soledad, 3) Ajijic West to Jocotepec, or 4) north of Chapala (to Chapala Haciendas and beyond, to Ixtlahuacán)?? Or perhaps all of the above?

I guess you could check The Master Plan at Chapala City Hall!!

• Haha 3

Been here 10 years this July.   Wish I had left about 5 yrs ago.

Traffic is a killer now.   I blame it on more babyboomers finding Ajijic /Lakeside and several more Tapatios coming down all the time from Guadalajara.  Many more having second homes here as well. 

Cost of living is not the bargain it used to be either.  Feel badly for the average Mexicans living here. More and more have to give up driving because of the cost of gasoline. 

But, no places good to go --seems like the whole world is crowded !  

Every place people want to be is overrun.  This is the result of a world population that has doubled since 1960.  One can have little traffic and crowding in many places in the U.S. with such abominable weather few want to live there.  They aren't lining up to live in North Dakota for example.

Don't worry there are more pandemics coming from The people who funded and developed this one and who are on a crusade to reduce world population and create a global version of 1984 are hard at work.  They'll do a better job of it next time.  Personally speaking I'm just glad I'm old and won't be around for this brave new world.

Watch and learn.

As for price of gasoline, check what has happened to those in the U.S. in the last two months.  Not that much different than here now.  We use far less of it here than we did when we lived in the U.S.  In fact we use far less energy of all types here than we did there.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

As for price of gasoline, check what has happened to those in the U.S. in the last two months.  Not that much different than here now.  We use far less of it here than we did when we lived in the U.S.  In fact we use far less energy of all types here than we did there.

???  I'm on the road as we speak. Paying $2.69-$2.79. Isn't it around $4.50 US using 20 pesos to the dollar?

32 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Don't worry there are more pandemics coming from The people who funded and developed this one and who are on a crusade to reduce world population and create a global version of 1984 are hard at work. 

Am I understanding that you are promoting the theory that China "funded and developed this worldwide Pandemic" for nefarious reasons?

• Thanks 1