Chapala.com Webboard

COVID Vaccinations Being Administered this Week at Lakeside

2 hours ago, sm1mex said:

We’re the over 60+ notified by phone or email?

When it is time for our area you will be contacted by phone. If no response probably an email because they asked for email address on the sign up.

This week they have 26 centers in Tlaquepaque giving vaccinations to people that are signed up and live there.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, sm1mex said:

50% efficacy not so good. 

I wonder if you take the Chineseone now can you take a different one later.

Today I received the 5 pages they want you to complete and go over before you get the vaccine so I should be ready..

20 minutes ago, cedros said:

I wonder if you take the Chineseone now can you take a different one later.

Today I received the 5 pages they want you to complete and go over before you get the vaccine so I should be ready..

Getting one kind of COVID-19 vaccine does not make it unsafe or ineffective to get a different kind later.  

But that does not mean you should get 2 different vaccines if you are getting one that requires 2 doses. 

In other words complete your original vaccination schedule.  In a few months if you want a different vaccine you can do so. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mexbound said:

Cedros, How did you receive the 5 pages? Via email?  

Yes, via email. I could forward it to you if you want but it is a bit of a farce IMHO.

1 hour ago, jrod said:

There are two messages. I need to figure out how to forward them to you directly. (as a PM?P or?). All I know how to do is forward the message with the forms that you have to fill out to an email.

Just now, cedros said:

Therfe are two messages I need to figure hout how to forward them to you directly. (as a PM?P or?)

As a pm is fine, or if you want t post here, you just use the "Drag files here" button that appears when you quote/respond to a post.

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, jrod said:

As a pm is fine, or if you want t post here, you just use the "Drag files here" button that appears when you quote/respond to a post.

Thank you!

I sent a pm to jrod but I could only send the least important message of two. It seems I need an email to forward it to.  

20 minutes ago, cedros said:

I sent a pm to jrod but I could only send the least important message of two. It seems I need an email to forward it to.  

If I posted it here the lady who sent it might have a heart attack as many address are there. If you want me to forward it to you give me your address.

We need to have this filled out when going for our vaccinations...2 copies. 
I have only heard rumors about where they are going to set up in Chapala, and that it may be Monday. 
When I hear something official I will let you know. This appears pretty official, even if we have already registered.

Subject: Documentos para vacuna

• Qué documentación llevar (se adjuntan y llevar 2 copias de cada una de la CURP e Identificación Oficial)

[Message clipped]  View entire message

4 Attachments

You need to check the attachments

42 minutes ago, jrod said:

Cedros, PM'd you my email. Thanks again.

jrod I forwarded the message to your email that show the forms that have to be filled out.

Thank you,  Cedros. I think I can shed some light for you and others who may be wondering what this is. There is nothing in your attachments to worry about nor fill out prior to receiving your vaccine. Three pages are partial scans of one page of internal paperwork that will be completed by frontline providers and handed to you as you wait to ensure that you don't present any immediately abnormal reaction to the vaccine you receive. You'll get the original, completed in full. For those who received their vaccine in the US, it serves the same function as the small card you get that details the specifics of your first, then second, administered dosage.

From what you sent, in the order received, I see three partial scans of a single blank form/receipt the brigadiers give you after your first shot; this serves as your "receipt" for the second vaccine; it shows details specific to your vaccine such as the brand, the lot number, date/location/details of administration and, at the bottom, shows the earliest date you can return for the second shot. This form is filled out by the healthcare workers who administer the vaccine to you--there is no part of this form that requires the recipient of the vaccine to complete anything. It will be handed to you, completed and signed by the designee where you get your vaccine.

The third of the four scans (the green one) is a registration form to be completed by supplemental healthcare workers/frontline providers of the vaccine, known here as the brigadiers, to identify them and to whom they report. It is not for any of us receiving the vaccine, but instead looks at a way to sign in and identify volunteer personnel in the vaccine venue.

OH...in your post (but it did not appear in the four scans) it says you need two COPIES of your CURP and official ID. I'd take originals and two copies of each, plus two copies of a residency verification, just in case. You know how Mexico loves its copies. Registrars may not keep them or ask for them...this need for copies does not appear anywhere on the federal website of requirements, although ID can be requested (but photos of them, and you, per López-Gatell, are illegal. 

Today, Governor Alfaro says he has no idea when specific areas will receive the vaccine, that Jalisco is following the federal distribution plan. I can't find anything today that lists future sites, just Tlaquepaque ended today (per the Guv) and it appears Tonalá may be upcoming (per news media).

I hope this helps put people at ease.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, jrod said:

Thank you,  Cedros. I think I can shed some light for you. and others who may be wondering what this is. There is nothing in your attachments to worry about nor fill out prior to receiving your vaccine. This one page of internal paperwork that will be completed by frontline providers and handed to you as you wait to ensure that you don't present any immediately abnormal reaction to the vaccine you receive. You'll get the original, completed in full. For those who received their vaccine in the US, it serves the same function as the small card you receive that details the specific of your first, then second, administered dosage.

From what you sent, in the order received, I see three partial scans of a single blank form/receipt the brigadiers give you after your first shot; this serves as your "receipt" for the second vaccine; it shows details of your vaccine such as the brand, the lot number, date/location/details of administration and, at the bottom, shows the earliest date you can return for the second shot. This form is filled out by the healthcare workers who administer the vaccine to you--there is no part of this form that requires the recipient of the vaccine to complete anything. It will be handed to you, completed and signed by the designee where you get your vaccine.

The third of the four scans (the green one) is a registration form to be completed by supplemental healthcare workers/frontline providers of the vaccine, known here as the brigadiers, to identify them and to whom they report. It is not for any of us receiving the vaccine, but instead looks at a way to sign in and identify volunteer personnel in the vaccine venue.

OH...in your post (but did not appear in the four scans) it says you need two COPIES of your CURP and official ID. I'd take originals and two copies of each, plus two copies of a residency verification, just in case. You know how Mexico loves its copies. Registrars may not keep them or ask for them...this need for copies does not appear anywhere on the federal website of requirements, although ID can be requested (but photos of them, and you, per López-Gatell, are illegal. 

Today, Governor Alfaro says he has no idea when specific areas will receive the vaccine, that Jalisco is following the federal distribution plan. I can't find anything today that lists future sites, just Tlaquepaque ended today (per the Guv) and it appears Tonalá may be upcoming (per news media).

I hope this helps put people at ease.

It will take forever for people to fill these forms out at time of vaccination. Much better to have as much of the forms filled out in advance otherwise things will slow to a crawl. There are 3 forms that should be done in advance-Expediente de Vacunacion Contra La Virus, Comprobante de Vacunacxion Contra La Covid-19 and Registro Adicional de Personal De  Premiera Linea, the 4th page is to be filled out for the second vaccation. the 5th page describes what shows proof of address.

59 minutes ago, cedros said:

It will take forever for people to fill these forms out at time of vaccination. Much better to have as much of the forms filled out in advance otherwise things will slow to a crawl. There are 3 forms that should be done in advance-Expediente de Vacunacion Contra La Virus, Comprobante de Vacunacxion Contra La Covid-19 and Registro Adicional de Personal De  Premiera Linea, the 4th page is to be filled out for the second vaccation. the 5th page describes what shows proof of address.

To clarify: people in line for the vaccine don't fill out any of these forms: the brigadiers at Registration (pre-vaccine) check your documents, complete the form (you need to be able to communicate your address, zip code, phone number and email--if you can't speak sufficient Spanish, write these down on a paper you can hand to the volunteer), then deliver the form they complete to you post-vaccine. And yes, the wait has been long; the process three-part: Registration, injection, checking for symptoms/handing to you the completed form.

I just got back from a routine doctors visit. I asked his opinion of the Chinese vaccine and asked if I should take it. He replied that he passed on their trying to give it to him for reasons I did not understand. I also asked about getting it and then taking another later. He said that it should not be done with more reasons I didn't comprehend. I asked what his plan was and he said he would wait for and pay for the J&J single shot vaccine. I too will pass on his advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 30-something y/o nephew teaches law in China at an elite school and has for 8 years.  Half staff is EU or US, the other half are Chinese Nationals.

I asked him about taking the Chinese vax.  He said the teachers were offered it including EU scientists on staff. NONE of the EU or US teachers took it. China told the Chinese teachers---take it or you're fired.

He said, if you can take Pfizer or Moderna. 

Good NPR story on Chinese vaccines.  Note that the 2 countries reporting trials are also dictatorial regimes (Turkey and Brazil) as is China.  I trust none of them, nor do I trust Putin.  

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/18/957981946/data-challenges-efficacy-of-vaccine-made-by-chinese-company

• Like 1