Chapala.com Webboard

where to buy large talevera plant pots

Go further west. 1) The vivero behind the Ajijic Clinic. This one has the largest selection imho and reasonably priced. They are very accommodating and will customize both size and colour if you don't see exactly what you want  :) 2) the vivero opposite La Huerta Plaza also has larger pots but it would be my second choice.

edited to add: ooops, you asked for Talavera and those viveros only stock clay pots. You could ask them IF they have a catalogue of Talavera macetas.

When you do find them, here's a suggestion, something I do with large regular clay pots as well. Use a plastic pot to plant in, one the right size to drop into the decorative pot without the rim sticking up above. When your plant outgrows that pot and you need to pot up a size or two, you can easily pull out the plastic pot with the plant in it without breaking the nice pot.

It also makes them easier to move if you decide you want it in a different spot. Those big clay pots full of dirt and a plant are so heavy to move. And they don't dry out as fast with the pot within a pot method.

• Like 3

The store west of the gym in Riberas not only has a selection of large pots but if you show them a picture of what you are looking for they have brought items back from Tonala for me Their markup is very low far less than the cost of gas to make a trip to Tonala. 

• Like 2

I have bought several large pots at the store in Riberas and they deliver for a small fee or you can negotiate in the buying price.  I thought the prices very reasonable and they have a good selection.

I second the vivero behind the Ajijic clinic. Another vivero to shop at would be further west , mtn. side  near dental express. Always make sure the clear plastic is removed from any pot you may buy so you can spot any hidden cracks. This happened to us with a pot we bought in Tonala . In general some local vivero's have been stocking more and larger pots in recent years. Almost forgot the vivero behind Superlake will at times carry some larger pots.