Chapala.com Webboard

CFE... Strange But True

Front gate buzzer rings during our dinner hour tonight, Sunday. We ignore it thinking it's kids or someone trying to sell us something.  

Buzzer rings again; go to kitchen to check our gate camera---there's a man peering down from our street wall!

He's a CFE repairman. Says he's following up on our report of low voltage.

Ahhh, but that was yesterday when we had the brownout, I say; everything is working now.  Sí, he says but we are checking lines and yours is over 40 years old. 

He wants to replace it.  Asks us to cut our breakers. We did.  40 minutes later he says we're good to go. Power's on....so far. 

Vamos a ver!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RickS said:

So what 'lines' do you think he could/would have replaced to make it 'good to go'?  Transformer to meter?

A crew can drop the overhead lines and place new ones in that amount of time, certainly easy to visually see the one ones to confirm it.....Bisbee, let us know!

Two guys....one at the pole across street, one at our house.  Ran a new line.  Did they replace other stuff, I dunno.  

My main concern was that they not leave without our turning on breakers, confirm that power was back on!