Chapala.com Webboard

TotalPlay are in the process of installing a fiber optic cable from Guadalajara to Chapala via Jocotepec. They plan to offer internet, phone and streaming tv and ?  Yesterday they were installing cable across from Las Fuentes. Today there installing it in San Juan Cosala.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickS said:

Fiber "down the carretera' is easy. FTTH... fiber to the home..... is the hard/drawn out part.

But the more the merrier. 

Hopefully more will be merrier. Unet (not fiber optic)has made quite a mess of stringing their internet lines to the  fraccionamiento of Las Fuentes and a real mess stringing them to the individual homes.  

24 minutes ago, johanson said:

Sadly, as to be expected, almost all of the channels are in Spanish. I could not tell whether their CNN and FOX News channels are in Spanish or English

Yes, I think they are all Spanish. The guy I have been communicationg with writes in Spanish also.

Total Play is still installing in Las Fuentes. They said it would be ready to use in 20 to 30 days. They are using CFE poles even though Telmex cannot.

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

We live close to Coppel, and Telmex has explained to us thst all the fiber optics they had installed on our street went to Coppel and it will be awhile before they install more to reach our house.

I was told that Telmex has the rights to fibers optics for all of Mexico and that they parcel it out. Maybe they could not find a partner for the rest of your street.

17 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Not at all true. Not even close. Really? Let's think about that for a second.

17 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Not at all true. Not even close. Really? Let's think about that for a second.

That is true according to a 40 year resident who knows everyone and everything and  who always knows what is going on behind the scenes because he is is in the hotel business.

18 minutes ago, cedros said:

That is true according to a 40 year resident who knows everyone and everything and  who always knows what is going on behind the scenes beacuse he is is in the hotel business.

Respectfully, I find it hard to believe that there is another person besides myself who "knows everyone and everything"!  /S

😎

• Haha 3

Telmex uses Carso (owned by Carlos Slim same as Telmex) for some of the installations.

As to the "rights" ..any company can apply to use the existing utility poles for their installations. For example ILOX is using CFE poles because they have received the right to do so. 

Everyone knows hotel employees know all the secrets. Better than a Harvard law degree the title hotel employee.   hahaha

4 hours ago, cedros said:

That is true according to a 40 year resident who knows everyone and everything and  who always knows what is going on behind the scenes beacuse he is is in the hotel business.

I sorta like to look things up before I make blanket statements, so I can show some proof when I get attacked.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Telmex uses Carso (owned by Carlos Slim same as Telmex) for some of the installations.

As to the "rights" ..any company can apply to use the existing utility poles for their installations. For example ILOX is using CFE poles because they have received the right to do so. 

Everyone knows hotel employees know all the secrets. Better than a Harvard law degree the title hotel employee.   hahaha

Yes they can ask and they can be denied. It is not an hotel employee I am talking about but a hotel owner who has deep roots in the community.

He may have "deep roots" in the community. What he told you is 100% false.  ("Telmex has the rights to fibers optics for all of Mexico and that they parcel it out)"

He might wish to read the  Federal Telecommunications Law.

https://www.gob.mx/cms/uploads/attachment/file/614717/LEY_FEDERAL_DE_TELECOMUNICACIONES_Y_RADIODIFUSION.pdf

1 hour ago, cedros said:

Yes they can ask and they can be denied. It is not an hotel employee I am talking about but a hotel owner who has deep roots in the community.

Well, right there you are contradicting yourself. Further, if you are Ned Nobody without a business plan and no money, yes, you will most likely be denied, I suspect. But they can't deny anyone who meets certain criteria, so that is false too.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

He may have "deep roots" in the community. What he told you is 100% false.  ("Telmex has the rights to fibers optics for all of Mexico and that they parcel it out)"

He might wish to read the  Federal Telecommunications Law.

https://www.gob.mx/cms/uploads/attachment/file/614717/LEY_FEDERAL_DE_TELECOMUNICACIONES_Y_RADIODIFUSION.pdf

He probably has, if not I will point that out to him. But he is certain.