Chapala.com Webboard

Nutiva Virgin Coconut oil

blankletmusic

8 hours ago, blankletmusic said:

Amazon was not really much help. Mostly the refined oil used for frying/sauteeing.

What are your experiences in using Amazon. Mx?

We have ordered from Amazon Mexico many times with no problems.

13 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

You may have accidentally provided the search page. Here is the mercadolibre page.

https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/aceite-de-coco-nutiva

Size definitely matters.

Wow! The price is really high and with delivery charges it's out of sight--between 539p and over 1000p for the exact same thing. I've noticed a lot of products that come through US companies has risen, anyone else make this observation?

I saw a report recently on how massively screwed the container import/export business is now. Not enough containers for the massive upswing in online ordering; not enough workers due to covid restrictions; not enough room in various ports worldwide to offload; difficulty in manufacturing new containers; lack of crew to actually move the ships. So if the US can't get stuff we normally import: shortages and high prices. And it sounds like the problems are just beginning.

The average price for a 54 oz. container of the Nutiva virgin oil comes out to around 60 USD on Mercado Libre if my math is correct. They can be had for about 20 USD on eBay in the US. The cost of imported products coupled with the effects of the pandemic, I suppose.

Nutiva is arguably one of the best but at that price an alternative would need to be seriously considered.