Chapala.com Webboard

Update and introduction

Northtek

Recently Virgo Lady made a comment or posed a question ? not really sure. But I felt the question was valid and deserved a response.it was "

Tell us all, senor blah blah blah.....what great tech business did you operate in Canada?     Enlighten us and keep us in suspense no more.....since it has been a month since your first BS post and your website isn't even operational yet? 

Well the website will take some time as the intent is not to duplicate anything here as I think that this site serves its purpose. But the other site is to provide real-time information from authoritative sources. Such as covid news, power disruption, and relevant news that directly affects everyday life. Plus contain articles from professionals about things we can use on a day to day basis. Such as information on data roaming and how to avoid large roaming charges. To clarify, this information will be provided by professionals in that field, not people giving opinions.

Because information here seems to be fragmented amongst various site such as multiple governmental departments, we are trying to integrate API"s that will leverage IBM's Watsons AI/Machine Learning to gather and disseminate the information into a simplified display. Alone with this and other openAI projects, I am hoping that the website will be able to provide relevant information to each user based on their location and preferences. 

Because of the complexity of the tech used it will take several months to develop and test the API"s. So dont expect anything soon.

As far as I am concern and my relevant experience. I have been trained in Satellite and data communications including cryptography and internet security. I have received training and worked with both foreign and domestic governments in those areas. Along with this, I have worked integrating those technologies in other industries, such as Green Energy sector, and global telecommunication.

Unfortunately with the rapidly development of AI and machine learning, most of my training is now redundant and currently engaged in research and development into new markets, which is why I am currently in Mexico. Currently just finished up on a project to develop new tools using 3D printing and awaiting for the covid situation to improve so I can move it into the marketing stage in the US.

So that is where I am and now that I have responded as I felt I should, I am going back to utilizing my skillset where its probably best served like finding a good solution to everyday problems like data roaming and data collection.

As far as Vigo Lady is concerned, I am sure you are a very nice person and look forward to seeing you forwarding the conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Here we go again!!! JUST DO IT ALREADY and leave us alone!!!

you have to love comments like this, it really shows who the contributors are. I am all for intellectual debate, but this falls extremely short of that expectation. 

Look if your comments are just "go away", "blah blah blah" I am curious as to how you believe you are actually contributing. Because if that's all you have to offer then maybe you should let the adults talk instead.

17 minutes ago, Northtek said:

you have to love comments like this, it really shows who the contributors are. I am all for intellectual debate, but this falls extremely short of that expectation. 

Look if your comments are just "go away", "blah blah blah" I am curious as to how you believe you are actually contributing. Because if that's all you have to offer then maybe you should let the adults talk instead.

I suggest maybe hiring a business consultant???

25 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I suggest maybe hiring a business consultant???

True enough, but it’s a not for profit venture, so it might be hard to justify the additional cost. As it’s easy to justify the tech as it can be used elsewhere. But a business consultant would definitely turn this into a business venture. Not sure if that would benefit anyone.  

1 hour ago, Northtek said:

True enough, but it’s a not for profit venture, so it might be hard to justify the additional cost. As it’s easy to justify the tech as it can be used elsewhere. But a business consultant would definitely turn this into a business venture. Not sure if that would benefit anyone.  

I am confused, since what you have been describing during your many posts here on this subject, is clearly a "business". Even a " non-profit" is a business. Neither a "business" nor a "non-profit business" can operate successfully without funding or income of some kind. Take it from a person who has owned and operated (and still do) successful businesses over nearly 50 years.   

2 hours ago, Northtek said:

So that is where I am and now that I have responded as I felt I should, I am going back to utilizing my skillset where its probably best served like finding a good solution to everyday problems like data roaming and data collection.

I'm not sure how you think endless posts about your plans are of interest.

Whether it's a for-profit or non-profit venture, you do your market research and then either follow through, or not. 

People on an internet forum don't need a blow-by-blow of your plans.

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I am confused, since what you have been describing during your many posts here on this subject, is clearly a "business". Even a " non-profit" is a business. Neither a "business" nor a "non-profit business" can operate successfully without funding of some kind. Take it from a person who has owned and operated (and still do) successful businesses over nearly 50 years.   

Yes in a way it has to operate as a business to some extent. But I am not sure it would be a viable one, at least not for me. If there is some one here that can make it viable, then I will turn it over to them. As I already have a viable business that I think has promise, but it is targeted to the US and Canadian markets. With manufacturing here in Mexico. This is my fist priority. The website would have to small of a market to be of any use to me as the other project has more market potential with projected profits in the 3-4 million range.

The truth is I came here to bring the other project to the ready for market stage and just finished building prototypes and testing. But to be completely honest, This is where my skillset ends. As a business person, I can handle companies of a certain size. But after that, I will probably be better off handing it off to someone with more business experience than I. As I am good at developing ideas, but I probably have abandon development on projects that probably were good but just dont fit my idea of a good business model. 

With that business I will probably be looking for a business consultant, but the website is just a curiosity project for me. 

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Whether it's a for-profit or non-profit venture, you do your market research and then either follow through, or not. 

I was asked a question and responded, which I felt was expected. But you should understand, these type of comments do absolutely nothing to me as I really just dont care enough for them to bother me. But what you and others are really doing is harming this site itself, as you are discouraging others from joining or participating in the conversation in fear of people attacking them. So if you think you are doing any good, I can assure you, you are not. Because, if it wasn't for people making this site toxic, I wouldn't feel the need to create another. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Northtek said:

But what you and others are really doing is harming this site itself, as you are discouraging others from joining or participating in the conversation

Your endless and lengthy posts about your website plans aren't a "conversation"- its the sort of thing one talks about with family and friends, at the risk of boring them to death.

9 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Your endless and lengthy posts about your website plans aren't a "conversation"- its the sort of thing one talks about with family and friends, at the risk of boring them to death.

I am sure you find that as a witty response. But as a super advanced user, dont you think it would be more helpful to provide feed back that is somewhat constructive? Or is your disdain for your fellow human beings so strong that you refuse to see that your actions are more harmful than helpful. I am a helpless optimistic and would like to see this site thrive. But the more I interact with this site, the less optimistic I get. If you truly believe this site is good enough, then try and be part of what makes it good, because the last comment isn't a good reflection of this site.

3 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Are you ever correct, this poster is the king of blah, blah, blah!!!!!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I think this guy and the climate change guy are one and the same!!!

They showed up at the same time. The climate change guy was offensive towards us from the beginning and this guy not.

31 minutes ago, Northtek said:

Or is your disdain for your fellow human beings so strong that you refuse to see that your actions are more harmful than helpful

That's quite the leap. I have offered plenty of hopefully helpful answers to others on this forum and others. I can assure you I have no disdain for my fellow humans, but that doesn't mean one has to have a high tolerance level for posters who carry on endlessly about the same things. 

Like your other posts regarding your electric bill, you were given on-point answers from those trying to enlighten you, but you just kept repeating the same things on and on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The purpose of this forum is supposed to be to help others. You asked. We answered. You didn't like the answers. You'll learn.

Now, is there anything else with which you can help others Lakeside? I doubt it because you don't live Lakeside nor have you lived in Mexico long enough to have much of a clue about it. You'll learn. However, I think it's going to be a very bumpy ride for you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1