Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Ann22, yes the state of Jalisco and Lake Chapala area is currently open.  All bars, cantinas and restaurants are fully opened to include plazas, malecones, and parks.   The only things still closed are schools and libraries.  I would normally recommend the two week self quarantine upon arrival but heck this area is a highly trafficked tourist area with hundreds a new people coming from all over the place and arriving on a daily basis.  Lots of tourists and new expat visitors on the malecón almost everyday here in Chapala.  Only about half the people wear facemasks and social distance here.  It is mandatory in the larger chain stores and Oxxos but not so much in the smaller stores.  It mostly depends on the paranoia of the owner. When you enter in most of the privately owned small stores and businesses, generally the employees are not wearing facemasks, they only put one on if you are wearing one when you come inside.  I'll probably receive some hate for these observations but they are the facts after having boots on the ground here in Chapala City.  The infection rate is very low in this area.  Crossing the street in Chapala is still far more riskier than dying from covid.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

snip.................here in Chapala City.  The infection rate is very low in this area.  Crossing the street in Chapala is still far more riskier than dying from covid.

Just a question...  is the infection rate really low at Lakeside?  How would one know? Is there much of any testing and even if so how does one know the results Lakeside?

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows.. just found out that the plummer we use was sick with covid and recovering.. so you just never know. No one brags about it  or volonteers the info when  people are sick. He told me he was sick and could notcome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RickS said:

Just a question...  is the infection rate really low at Lakeside?  How would one know? Is there much of any testing and even if so how does one know the results Lakeside?

 

 

 

How many here in the hospital?  How many confirmed deaths?  Is there any backup at local funeral facilities?

Not many.  That's one indicator.  IMO we are far safer here than many places NOB and have a great deal more freedom of movement and the ability to take healthy outside exercise.  

OTOH hand we have still some expats here who don't have the sense to stay out of dance bars.  If you know some, give them a wide berth.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 2:19 AM, dichosalocura said:

Ann22, yes the state of Jalisco and Lake Chapala area is currently open.  All bars, cantinas and restaurants are fully opened to include plazas, malecones, and parks.   The only things still closed are schools and libraries.  I would normally recommend the two week self quarantine upon arrival but heck this area is a highly trafficked tourist area with hundreds a new people coming from all over the place and arriving on a daily basis.  Lots of tourists and new expat visitors on the malecón almost everyday here in Chapala.  Only about half the people wear facemasks and social distance here.  It is mandatory in the larger chain stores and Oxxos but not so much in the smaller stores.  It mostly depends on the paranoia of the owner. When you enter in most of the privately owned small stores and businesses, generally the employees are not wearing facemasks, they only put one on if you are wearing one when you come inside.  I'll probably receive some hate for these observations but they are the facts after having boots on the ground here in Chapala City.  The infection rate is very low in this area.  Crossing the street in Chapala is still far more riskier than dying from covid.

Only for your use of the word paranoia.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

My suggestion is to use the bars and cantinas as school classes since they are open, problem solved. 😊

Train them to be bartenders. At least they would be employable. Another problem solved. They can't steal the bars liquor because they are underage.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bmh said:

This plummer never went to the hospital. he wa treated at home by his family  .

And this is why you can't believe any of the virus stats for Mexico. There's very little testing and people don't go to the doctor. They self-diagnose and stay home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...