Chapala.com Webboard

Curious Laredo Bridge II Photo

John Shrall

Maybe Mexican Nationals with dual citizenship are going North now for a vaccine.  Or some others are confused with the recent news reports that Texas has lifted Covid restrictions 100%, so they think that they can cross.  I met a family in Monterrey a couple of days ago and they were headed to Texas for a shopping trip.  They thought that the border was opened because of the news in Texas.   I don't think that will happen.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Ah, but he is referring to the US to Mexico lineup.

Yep you are right, I missed that.  I crossed 4 times in the last 30 days and there were no lines in either direction each time I crossed at Colombia.  Not even an Aduana search on the Mexican side twice.

The pic is at 5:37 in the afternoon on a Friday.  Rush hour.  The majority of the US to Mexico crossing on Bridge II in the afternoon are people who work in Laredo and live in Nuevo Laredo.  Do you normally check the bridge cam on Friday at that time of day? 

Also there is an official app available  CPB Border wait times     It is updated once an hour.  

Just as a side note, many Mexicans working in Laredo are employed in the freight business moving to and from Mexico. Just think what would happen to these jobs if both Canadian and US truck where allowed in to Mexico and Mexican trucks allowed in to the US. As of now, only the trailer moves across the border and in many cases such as flat bed freight has to be moved from one trailer to another.....