Chapala.com Webboard

Facial recognition for Bancomer

Two days ago I tried to access my Bancomer account by generating a token code on my iPhone. Access denied. I went to the bank and a friendly clerk tried unsuccessfully to create a facial recognition thingy on my iPhone. She tried again and again but it didn't work. She suggested I come back the next day because the iPhone indicated "no service." I came back this morning and went through the process again for 15 minutes. No dice. For some reason I am now able to generate the token code and and was able to access my account without facial recognition. Has anyone else been unable to create the facial recognition application? Will I be unable to access my account next week if I can't finally get the thing to recognize my face? Help appreciated.

Whatever BBVA was trying to do with facial rec doesn't work, as you have experienced.

I got a new iPhone and migrated all apps from the old one. I too got into the facial rec failure loop until it finally stopped for no apparent reason. After that everything worked normally and there is now no indication that there is any facial rec in the app.

Typical buggy rollout of a good idea. Most of the other US based banking apps support facial rec on the new iPhones. I suspect in the coming months BBVA will try it again and this time get it right.