Chapala.com Webboard

IMSS Annual payment in Guadalajara Office

Has anyone been there  ( main office on Avenida Independencia in Guad.) recently ( this year)  to pay the IMSS annual fee ?

If so, how are the crowds ? does one still have to be inside and wait in various waiting halls which are very crowded and for about 1-3 hours to finsh all the steps ??

Can one wait outside in the street instead ( and be called when one's turn is up? )

any input on the safety of being there is appreciated.

We did ours the end of January. Very easy, maybe 1.5 hrs. total. They have lines set up outside for what you need to have done. Get a number and they'll tell you what line to stand in. Once they call you go upstairs to the window. Really wasn't that crowded and no problem social distancing.

Expect to pay more than last year. My wife and I are 72 and it was about 12,000p each.

they have been doing it for me for ten years, i cant remember the charge but it was not alot,  i dont have a car, so would have to take taxi, also everything has to be in perfect Spanish, They were a bargain, call them they speak English and they will tell you what you want to know...

My office can do it and you will not have to go to Guadalajara

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ARIBOY said:

Has anyone been there  ( main office on Avenida Independencia in Guad.) recently ( this year)  to pay the IMSS annual fee ?

If so, how are the crowds ? does one still have to be inside and wait in various waiting halls which are very crowded and for about 1-3 hours to finsh all the steps ??

Can one wait outside in the street instead ( and be called when one's turn is up? )

any input on the safety of being there is appreciated.

You need to be there at 7AM  They will come out about 7:45 to hand out the tickets for the department you need. Then you will be in a socially distanced line for your department.  I was 3rd in line. for IMSS renewals   At 8AM they let 3 of us in at once. I was done and home by 10:30 

10 hours ago, dcstroker said:

We did ours the end of January. Very easy, maybe 1.5 hrs. total. They have lines set up outside for what you need to have done. Get a number and they'll tell you what line to stand in. Once they call you go upstairs to the window. Really wasn't that crowded and no problem social distancing.

Expect to pay more than last year. My wife and I are 72 and it was about 12,000p each.

You did it in 1.5 hours???really. Even when it was running "normally" I was luckily to getting it done in under 3 hours.

Incidentally Veronica has bump up her price considerable because it is taking double her normal time to get things done..she is a super person

6 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

You did it in 1.5 hours???really. Even when it was running "normally" I was luckily to getting it done in under 3 hours.

Incidentally Veronica has bump up her price considerable because it is taking double her normal time to get things done..she is a super person

Between 1.5 and 2 hours, definitely under 3. I remember the times when we had to waste all morning waiting. To those of you who don't like going to Guadalajara or waiting for any length of time by all means get someone to help you. I've never had a problem driving in Mexico and with my wife being Mexican it admittedly helps.