Chapala.com Webboard

Climate change and Mexico- Solutions?

Northtek

17 hours ago, wanderer said:

there is a sign on the wall across the carreterra from pechugon in ajijic and it explains the fines for burning garbage, 145,000 pesos.

Sounds like quite a revenue opportunity if they send enforcers out early in the morning, late at night and on weekends.  The polluters for the most part are smart enough not to do this during regular daylight hours.

Harry, want to pass this along?

8 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Sounds like quite a revenue opportunity if they send enforcers out early in the morning, late at night and on weekends.  The polluters for the most part are smart enough not to do this during regular daylight hours.

Harry, want to pass this along?

My understanding is that any open fire from any source can be reported to the bomberos 24-7.  They are aware of the no-burn laws as well as the threat these fires can pose.  

Chapala Bomberos can be reached at 376 766-3615

56 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Yes but can they pass out those pricey citations?

Someone was at it at 4AM.

Although I don't live Lakeside, so can't vouch for how your local bomberos would handle it, I called them a few times when people were burning piles of plastic garbage, or left fires unattended, or started a fire close to a palapa. The bomberos came and put out the fire and I saw them lecturing the person who had set it. Which was good enough for me.

Whether they have the authority or will to levy fines, I couldn't say.