Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

This without widespread vaccination and pretty weak preventive compliance


Recommended Posts

You actually believe Mexico's reporting? It's been stated by those who study such things that the infection and death rate is many times higher than the govt. says it is. They are in denial. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still no vaccine for fear.  All governments' statistics are suspect as there is a lot of money and media pressure involved.  Certainly no one wants to get sick with anything,but these restrictions undermine the health of the individual and the cost both economically and physically will be of more impact than the 1% fatality of the virus. Untreated illnesses, domestic violence, starvation, no money for necessities like gas and electricity or meds, mental problems from isolation, stress from the fear that you or a loved one could be a carrier, all will have a cost much higher than the virus.  What is the meaning of life? It is to be lived to the fullest, we all die eventually.  Long or short, it is the quality of life that matters not the length. We as a species don't know if the length is preordained from birth and those of you who believe in Heaven don't seem to be any more eager to go there than unbelievers.  I'll wear my mask for you but I won't put on blinders....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

You actually believe Mexico's reporting? It's been stated by those who study such things that the infection and death rate is many times higher than the govt. says it is. They are in denial. 

The hospital numbers show the rate is dropping drastically.  Obviously they aren't counting a lot of cases but counting hospital utilization is a lot easier.

It isn't just happening in Mexico either.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

There's still no vaccine for fear.  All governments' statistics are suspect as there is a lot of money and media pressure involved.  Certainly no one wants to get sick with anything,but these restrictions undermine the health of the individual and the cost both economically and physically will be of more impact than the 1% fatality of the virus. Untreated illnesses, domestic violence, starvation, no money for necessities like gas and electricity or meds, mental problems from isolation, stress from the fear that you or a loved one could be a carrier, all will have a cost much higher than the virus.  What is the meaning of life? It is to be lived to the fullest, we all die eventually.  Long or short, it is the quality of life that matters not the length. We as a species don't know if the length is preordained from birth and those of you who believe in Heaven don't seem to be any more eager to go there than unbelievers.  I'll wear my mask for you but I won't put on blinders....

well said, Cafe , you are the smartest of the bunch here-  The cure for fear is knowledge.  As said.  THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE !  that just came out--sorry !  HA

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that we have Bobby Brown back with a vengeance from a year long absence. Thought maybe Covid had done him in but guess not....

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RickS said:

Interesting that we have Bobby Brown back with a vengeance from a year long absence. Thought maybe Covid had done him in but guess not....

 

 

Bobby Brown is not the topic here.  Don't get personal about another poster.  And most of us are in greater danger from dying from old age than covid.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RickS said:

Interesting that we have Bobby Brown back with a vengeance from a year long absence. Thought maybe Covid had done him in but guess not....

 

 

Gosh, I sure like your posts Rick S!!!

Hope I don´t get into trouble for being so personal with you.  🧡🧡🧡

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...