Chapala.com Webboard

This without widespread vaccination and pretty weak preventive compliance

Mainecoons

There's still no vaccine for fear.  All governments' statistics are suspect as there is a lot of money and media pressure involved.  Certainly no one wants to get sick with anything,but these restrictions undermine the health of the individual and the cost both economically and physically will be of more impact than the 1% fatality of the virus. Untreated illnesses, domestic violence, starvation, no money for necessities like gas and electricity or meds, mental problems from isolation, stress from the fear that you or a loved one could be a carrier, all will have a cost much higher than the virus.  What is the meaning of life? It is to be lived to the fullest, we all die eventually.  Long or short, it is the quality of life that matters not the length. We as a species don't know if the length is preordained from birth and those of you who believe in Heaven don't seem to be any more eager to go there than unbelievers.  I'll wear my mask for you but I won't put on blinders....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

You actually believe Mexico's reporting? It's been stated by those who study such things that the infection and death rate is many times higher than the govt. says it is. They are in denial. 

The hospital numbers show the rate is dropping drastically.  Obviously they aren't counting a lot of cases but counting hospital utilization is a lot easier.

It isn't just happening in Mexico either.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

There's still no vaccine for fear.  All governments' statistics are suspect as there is a lot of money and media pressure involved.  Certainly no one wants to get sick with anything,but these restrictions undermine the health of the individual and the cost both economically and physically will be of more impact than the 1% fatality of the virus. Untreated illnesses, domestic violence, starvation, no money for necessities like gas and electricity or meds, mental problems from isolation, stress from the fear that you or a loved one could be a carrier, all will have a cost much higher than the virus.  What is the meaning of life? It is to be lived to the fullest, we all die eventually.  Long or short, it is the quality of life that matters not the length. We as a species don't know if the length is preordained from birth and those of you who believe in Heaven don't seem to be any more eager to go there than unbelievers.  I'll wear my mask for you but I won't put on blinders....

well said, Cafe , you are the smartest of the bunch here-  The cure for fear is knowledge.  As said.  THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE !  that just came out--sorry !  HA

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, RickS said:

Interesting that we have Bobby Brown back with a vengeance from a year long absence. Thought maybe Covid had done him in but guess not....

Bobby Brown is not the topic here.  Don't get personal about another poster.  And most of us are in greater danger from dying from old age than covid.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RickS said:

Interesting that we have Bobby Brown back with a vengeance from a year long absence. Thought maybe Covid had done him in but guess not....

Gosh, I sure like your posts Rick S!!!

Hope I don´t get into trouble for being so personal with you.  🧡🧡🧡

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3